Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

vanilla Coke Zero was my drug of choice and I still crave it! I tapered off slowly about 6 weeks before my surgery bc I knew I'd have a hard time.

My mom still drinks it all the time and my mouth waters when I see it!! LOL

It'll all be worth it in the end!!

Yep I used to go to McDonalds for a large diet coke all of the time. I swear they put something in it to make it better than anywhere else!

For sure! I always say there is something in there that makes you crave it lol.

Vanilla Coke Zero was my drug of choice and I still crave it! I tapered off slowly about 6 weeks before my surgery bc I knew I'd have a hard time.

My mom still drinks it all the time and my mouth waters when I see it!! LOL

It'll all be worth it in the end!!

I drank my last one today :(

I gave up carbonated soda and caffeine at the beginning of my six month preop supervised diet. I am so glad I listen to my NUT and did that, I am now one month and two days post op. I have no desire for soda or caffeine.

My whole family drinks decafe ice tea and the kids rarely have soda. I never forbid them but they just sort of drink what is available. My husband stop soda too so that meant less soda in the house unless the children requested it. So they became more accustom to low sugar juice, v8 splash, Decaf tea, SF kool aid and crystal light. Now there sits under my sink several sodas that where left over from a training class we organized in November. The kids know it is there but their taste buds and habbitts have changed for the better.

BTW I enjoy decafe coffee as well. My NUT said decafe was only neccasary before, during and for a short time after surgery but never any carbonation again. I say we have gotten so use to decaf why change back!

I didn't crave it until just last week. I was doing fine and then my mother (thanks mother) bought a CASE of it while she was at my house for a few days.

Needless to say, there are quite a few left. Sitting on my kitchen floor...taunting me. LOL

I keep forgetting to take them to work!

No cokes in 3.5 months now. I still think about them all the time though. I miss cokes but I wonder how I got to the point of thinking drinking sugar Water was okay. It's not like I'm a bug or something. They taste so good though.

I have a dear friend who was diagnosed with melanoma stage 4. We all use to tease him because he always and I mean always had a diet coke near by. I read diet coke increases the chance of this cancer 425%. I don't trust all statistics blindly but it sure makes me think when I saw my poor friend suffering so.