Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

TUMMY TUCK TOMORROW MORNING

hi to every one! i just had my tt last saturday and i though it was going to be more painful. the only thing is this drain that keeps following me every were i go lol

I'm back! I can't believe that the last time I posted my recovery status was on the 14th. My apologies to anyone that was following my posts! Today is day 19 and I had to return to work today. It's a bit uncomfortable trying to sit for 8 hours but it is definately doable. I had to take a few days off from posting due to family issues. You think that once your kids are out on their own that you finally no longer have "kid" problems...WRONG! Oh well, a Mom's job is never done! I've also been in a huge slump...depression maybe...going back to work blues...I really don't know. I think it's also been because there has been no big change in my daily recovery to report. I still can't stand up straight so I'm telling everyone at work that I pulled a muscle in my back...I can't take the risk of anyone finding out about my TT....HUGE gossip circle at my work. "lara0280", I'm so glad you are finding your TT to not be so painful! Everyone's experience is sooo different. I saw a lady on Youtube and it was the day after her TT and she was walking out of the hospital standing up completely straight like nothing had ever happened! Of course, that could never be my experience as I have no luck at all! "It's all new", yes, I have a gob of advice to have ready for after surgery. I wear nothing but sweat pants that are one size too big and a cami top. Make sure the cami is a long one that comes down over your hips and then put the bindings on over the cami. It protects your skin from blistering from the bindings rubbing on your skin and your skin will be so numb that you won't feel the rubbing. No panties either as they are only a hassle when trying to go to the bathroom (sitting down is a feat in itself, let alone trying to pull down panties with drain tubes in the way!)(I had to go to the bathroom in a complete standing position for the first 3 days..not fun or attractive!). On my bedside table are my prescriptions that I picked up prior to surgery, my alarm clock so I can see the next time I can take my meds (Tylenol/painkillers in particular!), small gauze pads that you will need in order to cover the drain tube incisions once they are removed, Bacitracin to put on the gauze pads, paper tape (2 rolls) to tape on the gauze pads, scissors to cut the gauze pads, two 3-panel waist binders (I bought them prior to surgery and took them to the hospital so they would use mine and not charge me an arm and a leg to buy theirs, approx. $25 each)(you will wake up with them already on you), kotex pads to lay on top of the incision to keep the cami and binders from rubbing directly on it (doc had me stop usng the pads after 1 1/2 weeks so the incision could breath more), a stool softener (I didn't think I would need them since I have NEVER had to use any BUT I sure needed them), my daily Vitamins, a pen to log in drain measurements on a log sheet that your doc will probably give you as mine did and a notepad to keep track of what time is your next dosing for the different meds you'll be on, I keep an "EZ Reacher and Grabber" next to my bed and it is probably the BEST thing I could recommend (You will not be able to bend down to the floor easily to pick things up and shouldn't per my doc and this thing has been more helpful than anything else...you can get one from Amazon.com for under $20 and I'm still using it!), I have two small step stools (one a little taller than the other) next to my bed to help me get up and down from my bed easier (It's very painful to get up on the bed and get in to position for sleeping/resting), instead of pillows...my bf took my livingroom ottoman and removed the legs and put it up on the bed to elevate my legs...it's a perfect height and I don't have to keep messing with pillows, make sure that there is something on or next to your bed that you will be able to grab a hold of to help pull yourself up to a sitting position to get out of bed...my bed has some ornamental Iron on the headboard that has worked perfect for me to pull up with (you will not want to use your stomach muscles as they HURT more than the incision itself...to me). That about sums it up! Would I do it again...YES!

Forgot to tell you all that the incision is all scabbed over now and my belly button is even scab free now! My doc had used the medical super glue on my belly button and everyday it was peeling more and more and drying up and falling off and now it's glue free and looks great! Only the last drain hole is yet to scab over and is still soar. There was literally no bruising anywhere on my stomach. Only had bruising from the IV. My stomach is still VERY tight and doesn't look like a normal stomach yet but I can tell that it's going to be SEXY when it's completely healed (SEXY is defined by my "perception" compared to what it use to look like)!!!!!

No pics??? I'm sure you would like to post the beautiful and healed pics....but I for one would also like to see the battle pics to be better prepared.

You got it, Butterthebean! I'll take some more tonight and then I have to get the pics downloaded to my computer so I'll post them tomorrow!

hi vst, my doctor explain to me that many drs have to bend the patient when they are suturing cause they remove more skin of what should be removed and that cause more tension on the scar and make the scar thick and recovery more painful. actually i almost can stand straight, my suture line looks really thin and like i told you its more like numb

Yes, lara0280, I've heard some horror stories too! That is FANTASTIC that you can almost stand up straight already! Wow! I am still a little bent over but I'm almost there. My doc told me not to "try" to straighten up...just let it happen naturally. Geez, as sore and tight as my stomach muscles are the doc doesn't have to worry about me pushing myself to stand up straight! ;)

CONGRATS on your progress and keep all of us posted on the continuation of your recovery!

I have watched videos of Tt's and the part hat always gets me la how they see the muscles together. O.O how in the world does that stay and not just break and pop back to they way they were eventually? I'm not looking for an actual answer really, just saying. It's so weird!!! That said, I'd like To get this done eventually.

Can't wait for pics!!

actually my doctor took some pictures today and ask me if he can use them in his website and i told him it is ok for me to do that

he is sending those pictures to me tomorrow so i will show you guys :)

i just took a look to his web site and there are my photos, can't wait to recive that email with the pics

mi dr took photos today and ask me pro permission to put those photos on his website and i just took a look to his web site and there they are :)

Pre-TT, the night before.

post-18226-13813662472674_thumb.jpg

post-18226-13813662473538_thumb.jpg

Day 6 after TT surgery.

post-18226-13813662474389_thumb.jpg

post-18226-13813662475238_thumb.jpg

Yesterday, Day 19...there is still some swelling just above the incision and down the middle of my stomach. The belly button is healed but the muscles are still so tight that there is a crease down the center of my stomach which will relax soon. Still can't stand up completely straight and sometimes my stomach muscles tighten up and don't release for awhile which makes me even more bent over until they release. Bikini bathing suit time is almost here!

post-18226-13813662476098_thumb.jpg

post-18226-13813662476934_thumb.jpg

post-18226-13813662477776_thumb.jpg

The good, the bad and the ugly! Pictures posted as promised! :huh: