Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

30 min no fluids before and after food at stage 2 soft food?

HI,

I was sleeved 12-6. My doctor said I could go to stage two, soft food on Christmas. But here is my confusion, when I first started meeting with the NUT in July, she went over the nutrition program. I did well on it and was good at not eating 30 minutes before and after meals. After surgery, my doctor said not to focus on fluids and timing with the Protein Shakes. That made sense since I wasn't really eating any food, just an occasional bit of apple sauce.

The NUT from the office has resigned and they don't have new one yet so I don't have one to ask. So tomorrow when I take a few bites of soft food, do I go back to the 30 minute break before and after the food? Is it now or at the next final stage of full bariatric diet? It makes sense to have a gap without fluids now, my stomach isn't big, but I wanted to know what you did.

HI' date='

I was sleeved 12-6. My doctor said I could go to stage two, soft food on Christmas. But here is my confusion, when I first started meeting with the NUT in July, she went over the nutrition program. I did well on it and was good at not eating 30 minutes before and after meals. After surgery, my doctor said not to focus on fluids and timing with the Protein shakes. That made sense since I wasn't really eating any food, just an occasional bit of apple sauce.

The NUT from the office has resigned and they don't have new one yet so I don't have one to ask. So tomorrow when I take a few bites of soft food, do I go back to the 30 minute break before and after the food? Is it now or at the next final stage of full bariatric diet? It makes sense to have a gap without fluids now, my stomach isn't big, but I wanted to know what you did.[/quote']

My understanding is that's the rule for life. I'm 6 weeks post op, just started soft foods. I was told to NEVER eat and drink. 30-45 min before and after

Yep, no fluids 30 mins either side of food.< /p>

I was told no fluids 15 minutes before and 30 minutes after.

I was sleeved on the 6th too yay!!!! Im on soft foods and if u even have the tiniest sip of Water with food you will be miiiiiserable!! I have been trying hard on this because I used to drink alot with my food intake so I've slipped a couple times and well after that you won't slip anymore lol good luck and happy holidays!!

Thanks! That is what I thought and I wanted to run it by the "experts" here.

I wish I could drink a half an hour after I eat.. I have to wait at least 45 mins to an hour otherwise my sleeve gets mad at me lol

I was also told the no drinking 30 mins before or after. :)

Yep no fluids 30 mins before or after any food.

Is that forever? Or just at the first stages?

Is that forever? Or just at the first stages?

My doc said it forever because if u drink it washes the food out faster an u feel hungry faster beside the fact it takes up to much room....:^)

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using VST

My doc said it forever because if u drink it washes the food out faster an u feel hungry faster beside the fact it takes up to much room....:^)

How are you ever supposed to get enough Water? Is that ever a concern?

How are you ever supposed to get enough Water? Is that ever a concern?

Oh ya basically when ur not eatin u should b sippin all day long