Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Nottle has an excellent reputation he was the first surgeon to bring the lapband to Aus :D Im not sure of any other surgeons that do it so I can't offer any advice in that area.. And if your in Melbourne and not to far from Werribee or Williamstown I would highly reccomend him :)

My friend the one who just had hers done stayed in for 2 days..

I have to go but all the very best to your DIL

Night

Thank you Lil,

I have added you to my msn list i hope you don't mind

how long after you had seen Dr nottle did you have to go see the rest ie: dietitian.

i now have 9 days before i go and i cant wait I'm so nervous but excited all in the same one. just so glad after all these years that I'm finaly able to do something so my kids can have there mum.

Nottle has an excellent reputation he was the first surgeon to bring the lapband to Aus :) Im not sure of any other surgeons that do it so I can't offer any advice in that area..

Profeesor Paul O brien was actually the first one and he taught Peter

Dr. Nottle was the first consult I had, although I eventually ended up being banded at The Avenue by Mr. Gary Crosthwaite. It was back in 2005 when I saw Dr. Nottle and I was going private. The wait for me at the time would have been 2 months. Not bad at all I reckon, although it can feel like ages when you're ready to be banded lol.

thankyou so much for all responding to my questions... my appointment is on the 15th so only 2 more sleeps i cant wait to get the ball rolling...

hey all went to see dr nottle today i am now on the waiting list.... he said waiting list is about 6-12 months and quicker of i have day surgery but i have to have all the other test done too see if its safe for me to have day..

well now the ball is rolling

YAY

gosh that is super quick - that's as a public patient right? what other tests do you have to have? where will you be banded? did he say what the cut off BMI is for Williamstown?

Hi Aquasky

I am new to this forum thing but read your post . I went to see Dr Nottle on monday 13th at williamstown and have to go see dietician and a Dr goldin. Dr nottle says it will probably be mid next year when i hit the top of the list as well so thought it might be intersting to see how we go seeing we saw him a few days apart. Good luck with the wait and happy postings :peep:

hello tarajane yes that is public...

i have to see the dietitian and the physician (Dr goldin) who runs a heap of test. depending on the test he might wanna send me for a sleep apnia

and he wants to see me back in 6 weeks... puts me right on xmas time so im thinking that it may be after new year when i do get back to see him...

he said if all me test come back good then i can have day surgery so may be quicker... Kaylene

Hey TaNgLe

yeah its funny the difference in things he says i suppose its got to do with your size and health.. I'm lucky that i don't have any health issues at the moment.. that is why I'm hoping for day surgery

i wanna thank every one that has been giving me alot of info and personal experiences

thanks

Kaylene