Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone use Bailey Bariatrics in Owasso Oklahoma?

Wondering if anyone has any experience with Bailey Bariatrics in Owasso Oklahoma? Thanks......

I did. Dr. Varnell was my surgeon and I was taken care of very well.

Good, I have had two appointments in Dr Kirk's office. Today I had an exercise and behavioral along with a chest xray, pft, and ekg. I am just hoping insurance pays. I have a bmi of 40, but the insurance also says doctor documented mobid obesity for 5 years. I have been very over weight but not morbidly obese. Dr Kirk said not to worry, but I am anyway. I don't want to go through all these tests and then be denied.

I went through the program at Bailey. I had a 6-month med supervised diet requirement. I think they have a very good program that encompasses the diet, exercise, and mental aspects of losing weight. I loved Dr. Wood(s), the psychologist. If you have an appt with Dr Kirk, be prepared to wait, I usually had to wait between 45 minutes to an hour or more for my appt. that was very frustrating. Dr Varnell was my surgeon and I highly recommend him. The hospital was very nice as well.

I am using Bailey and my surgery is Tuesday. I have loved my experience with Dr Kirk and Lisa. Very supportive

That's wonderful...good luck on your surgery.

I am attending the seminar there on the 21st and went ahead and scheduled my appointment with Dr.Kirk so I wouldn't have to wait a long time. About how long does it take after the seminar to have the surgery? I am going to try to get pre-qualified thru my insurance...but wondered how long it takes for all the other appointments to be done also. Was the 6 mth diet a mandatory thing thru them, or your insurance? I was really wanting to get mine done sometime in February if possible.

I started my seminars in october. The 6 month diet is a requirement of your insurance if there is one, not the dr. Its not a fast process. You have to see the dietician twice. You see exercise and behavioral, pft, chext xray, ekg. You also have to go to a support group meeting. Then its to the psychologist, pulmonologist, cardiologist, on top of that you meet with dr kirk or his np every month. After all that, then you see the surgeon. Then, its submitted go insurance and wait for them. If you're lucky you will be approved and not denied and have to appeal. I started om October and wont finish all my appts until February. It is NOT a fast process. I dont want to bust your bubble but i see no way you will have surgery in February. If you are lucky, April or May. It's a bummer. I know! !

My first appointment was in September and the soonest I would have been able to have surgery was December. But my insurance would not approve the sleeve until January

Well that kinda stinks! Lol It'll be worth it but I kinda wanted to be looking good by the summer! Lol

I was interested in Dr. Katsis...have any of you used him? Or does Dr. Kirk just assign you a surgeon? Is there any other tips you can offer me?

Well that kinda stinks! Lol It'll be worth it but I kinda wanted to be looking good by the summer! Lol

I was interested in Dr. Katsis...have any of you used him? Or does Dr. Kirk just assign you a surgeon? Is there any other tips you can offer me?

Dr katsis is my surgeon. I have heard good things about him and both of the Dr's I work for were happy he is doing it

I personally heard good things about dr Katsis but when I met him,,I didn't really like him so I went with dr varnell.

I have an appt with dr. Katsis next month. I believe you can pick which one you want, I did. Good luck with everything. Keep me posted on how it is going with you. I will keep you informed, too. Hopefully we will get through this fairy quickly.....

Yeah he was not overly personable but I like him. Yes you can pick. I'll keep you updated

Ok thanks everybody. I'm a little scared about it all...not much family support about it but my husband supports me 100% in whatever I decide to do so that helps. This site has helped answer a lot of ?'s for me. And I thought it was neat when I saw people in my area on here! Definitely keep me updated! I'm excited for all of you having your surgeries soon and so happy for those that have had theirs already...I can't wait to finally see what it's like to be skinny!