Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

California? Anyone...ツ

I live in Santa Barbara. Was sleeved July 9 in Mississippi. Down 88 lbs

I had my surgery on Nov. 6th with Dr. Ali. I too was really nervous. I met Dr. Carr on my first visit and Dr. Ali at my pre-op. As soon as he came in I just wanted to hug him. My surgery went great' date=' I was too excited the night before my surgery and didn't sleep much. I had two days of Clear liquids as a pre-op diet. Thank god no cleaning of the colon...just liquids to drink. I thought I would never last but surprisingly I only got hungry once. With all the nerves and excitement you don't get hungry. I went to UCDMC at 6am, had surgery at 8, surgery was done at 10am and I slept 12hrs in recovery! Lol, it was only suppose to be 2hrs. So I was good, they made sure I never felt any pain and I did stay a week but because I wouldn't drink enough and it was a holiday weekend. He didn't want me going to er. Home life has been good, just an adjustment. I am getting tired of the foods but I'm just sticking to it because the Dr.s words were, if I follow the rules then I will have the best outcome. I've lost 22 lbs so far but everyone says it looks like more! I just can't wait till 2months. That's when you can have more varieties but for now my day is full of chobani Greek yogurt, cottage cheese, minced turkey or chicken, applesauce and sugar free popsicles. Oh and I feel like my eye balls are floating in all this Water I have to drink!!! The support groups are at the cypress building, also where your apts. are.[/quote']

Hmm I've never heard of dr Carr yet but lucky you 2 days' lol I have 2 weeks lmao X) I start Saturday clear liquid and yep that sounds like what I intend to have in my post diet and I want the best results so I'm committed to following the regiment soo excited .. You said the support group in cypress? Hmm it's dr Ali fountain valley right apart of dr leports medical group because the suppor group I had to attend as requirement for submittal was on talber I believe near the office in the hospital .. A week in the hospital ! I'm afraid just the 2 days lol I'll be there hopefully praying everything goes fine sat dec 15 till Monday .. Do you have any tips on stuff to bring to the hospital

Hmm I've never heard of dr Carr yet but lucky you 2 days' lol I have 2 weeks lmao X) I start Saturday clear liquid and yep that sounds like what I intend to have in my post diet and I want the best results so I'm committed to following the regiment soo excited .. You said the support group in cypress? Hmm it's dr Ali fountain valley right apart of dr leports medical group because the suppor group I had to attend as requirement for submittal was on talber I believe near the office in the hospital .. A week in the hospital ! I'm afraid just the 2 days lol I'll be there hopefully praying everything goes fine sat dec 15 till Monday .. Do you have any tips on stuff to bring to the hospital

I'm sorry. I saw Dr. Ali and thought you were in Nor Cal... I'm in the Sacramento area. Bummer, I was kinda excited to find someone with the same Dr. No wonder you have such a long pre-op diet. You'll do fine! They pretty much have everything at the hospital, they just said bring slippers, a robe, lol and chap stick... Now I understood the first two but not the last... Until after the surgery! My lips were so dry, I had to ask the nurse for Vaseline until my mom came with some!

Oh and I brought yoga pants that we're loose on my stomach to go home in. I wish you the best! And no worries, everything will go so fast, they gave me an antianxiety med at the hospital before surgery and next thing I know I'm waking up in recovery!

I am two weeks out I had my surgery at good Sam if you have any questions I'm here.
Hi laura-ven, i have a couple ??s what vitamians are you taking and are they pill liguid etc.? How long in the hospital? How do you feel now? Thanks a bunch (*^﹏^*)

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using VST

Patterson here, small town outside of turlock. Had my surgery in fresno on march 6. Just under 9 months post op.

I am taking just a generic chewable multi vitamin.. Liquid is gross.. And a chewable b-12 by Natrol. I need to order Calcium because everyplace seem to not have chewable "citrate". I was in two days I really wanted one but I didn't get operated on till almost 7:00 pm!! They had a major problem with a patient earlier that backed them up. I liked that we all got our own rooms (yes there were other girls there getting the same thing) . It's hard but no regrets.

I'm sorry. I saw Dr. Ali and thought you were in Nor Cal... I'm in the Sacramento area. Bummer' date=' I was kinda excited to find someone with the same Dr. No wonder you have such a long pre-op diet. You'll do fine! They pretty much have everything at the hospital, they just said bring slippers, a robe, lol and chap stick... Now I understood the first two but not the last... Until after the surgery! My lips were so dry, I had to ask the nurse for Vaseline until my mom came with some![/quote']

Sac area here too. I've been going through the process with Dr.'s Ali and Pierce. Was scheduled w/Ali 6/6/12, but ins denied it last minute. Just got approved 11/27/12, and was told 12/11/12, then 2 days later told it's being moved to 1/2013 (tbd), this time w/Dr. Pierce. Ali did my hb's rny in 2010.

Sac area here too. I've been going through the process with Dr.'s Ali and Pierce. Was scheduled w/Ali 6/6/12' date=' but ins denied it last minute. Just got approved 11/27/12, and was told 12/11/12, then 2 days later told it's being moved to 1/2013 (tbd), this time w/Dr. Pierce. Ali did my hb's rny in 2010.[/quote']

Yay, congrats on the approval! Why the denial? I was suppose to have Dr. Pierce but I had my initial consult with him and, lol requested otherwise...Judy was totally fine with it. As soon as Dr. Ali walked into my pre-op, I just wanted to hug him. He is very compassionate and understanding. It's our life these people are dealing with! Have you gone to any of the support groups yet? I recommend them. I've been a regular since before my surgery.

Yay, congrats on the approval! Why the denial? I was suppose to have Dr. Pierce but I had my initial consult with him and, lol requested otherwise...Judy was totally fine with it. As soon as Dr. Ali walked into my pre-op, I just wanted to hug him. He is very compassionate and understanding. It's our life these people are dealing with! Have you gone to any of the support groups yet? I recommend them. I've been a regular since before my surgery.

thanks! i was denied previously because my bmi was too low w/out the approved co-morbs. since then i've gained, due to stress and trying to jump through insurance's hoops i guess...and maybe a little giving up on myself. my hb had ali-he was good, but when i was going through it the 1st round i saw both ali and pierce 1x-don't recall a reason for prefering one over the other. honestly i've dealt more with other office staff than the drs. i was told the reason it was changed to pierce is that ali is out of the office a lot. i just want it done.

what didn't you like about pierce?

thanks! i was denied previously because my bmi was too low w/out the approved co-morbs. since then i've gained' date=' due to stress and trying to jump through insurance's hoops i guess...and maybe a little giving up on myself. my hb had ali-he was good, but when i was going through it the 1st round i saw both ali and pierce 1x-don't recall a reason for prefering one over the other. honestly i've dealt more with other office staff than the drs. i was told the reason it was changed to pierce is that ali is out of the office a lot. i just want it done.

what didn't you like about pierce?[/quote']

Ummm, lol I just felt he was a tad cocky... I don't know maybe I caught him on a bad day? Well I'm glad you got the approval! Are you getting the sleeve or RnY?

Ummm, lol I just felt he was a tad cocky... I don't know maybe I caught him on a bad day? Well I'm glad you got the approval! Are you getting the sleeve or RnY?

gotcha-i admit, it did hurt my feelings a little at the time when i 1st met him and he said i may not qual because of my lower bmi, but that i might gain weight and later become eligible. looking back, not sure if it was a hint, fact or a jab but he didn't say it rudely. it was more matter-of-fact.

still planning on the sleeve. they really didn't discuss it much throughout my classes because everyone was going RNY-so my memory is foggy on their process. how has your experience been? i asked alexis to send me some more info.

Turlock here (a small town in the central valley)

I am having my surgery in MX on Dec 6

Lmao Im from ceres

Lmao Im from ceres

Graduated ceres high class of 94