Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

California? Anyone...ツ

Awesome...I actually live on Vandenberg...maybe we can meet up sometime.

For sure! I'm in Vandenberg villiage. It would be nice to have a support buddy. When is your surgery?

Is this Dr LePort's office? I had my surgery with Dr Kelly Francis.......

Yes it's dr leports office :) Dr Ali will be doing my surgery :) when did you have your surgery ?

Caligirl, My niece had her surgery with Dr. Ali and she is doing great. Lost a lot of weight and still losing, she's 1 year post opt. I also attended his orientation and I loved him. My surgery was October 4, 2011. I have also done fine also. I have reached my doctor's goal and surpassed it by some. But my personal goal is yet to come. Only a few more pounds. You will do fine.....Let me know how you do and if you have any questions, please feel free to ask.... :)

Caligirl' date=' My niece had her surgery with Dr. Ali and she is doing great. Lost a lot of weight and still losing, she's 1 year post opt. I also attended his orientation and I loved him. My surgery was October 4, 2011. I have also done fine also. I have reached my doctor's goal and surpassed it by some. But my personal goal is yet to come. Only a few more pounds. You will do fine.....Let me know how you do and if you have any questions, please feel free to ask.... :)[/quote']

Omg thank you that is very reassuring i am so nervous this is my first surgery ever I'm 20 HW of 342 currently 326 and hope to be about 300 on day of surgery I have yet to meet with dr Ali until next week as my appt with him in nov got moved so I'm anxious and nervous but extremely excited all at the same time it's starting to sink in that it's happening in a couple weeks :)

Caligirl92: everything will go very well. You will have a nice sleep and wake up with little pain. Feel free to use your morphine pump as much as you need it. Heck, I pushed the button every time I got a chance. Oh and I sleep in an upright position. I believe that helped me with acid and gas. Got home and very little problems. The staff at the hospital were great. :) HUGS and best wishes....Can't wait to hear about your new journey.....

hey man any los angeles sleevers in the house. a lot of north cali folk.

Caligirl92: everything will go very well. You will have a nice sleep and wake up with little pain. Feel free to use your morphine pump as much as you need it. Heck' date=' I pushed the button every time I got a chance. Oh and I sleep in an upright position. I believe that helped me with acid and gas. Got home and very little problems. The staff at the hospital were great. :) HUGS and best wishes....Can't wait to hear about your new journey.....[/quote']

That's what I'm most nervous about the sleep again first surgery super nervous .. Lol that's what I've heard a lot of to use the morphine pump lol X) thanks for the tips about sleeping I believe I'll be sleeping in a recliner after surgery do it can be easier ,, I'm glad to hear the staff is great my coordinator is David and he's amazing soo helpful .. I hope to keep in touch with you I will def ask you questions lol what pre opt diet did you have to do? approx how much did u loose on pre opt diet if you don't mind me asking .. Thank you for the best wishes I am happy to say today I got the call that all test came back fine and I am now set and ready and clear to go for surgery :D

Omg thank you that is very reassuring i am so nervous this is my first surgery ever I'm 20 HW of 342 currently 326 and hope to be about 300 on day of surgery I have yet to meet with dr Ali until next week as my appt with him in nov got moved so I'm anxious and nervous but extremely excited all at the same time it's starting to sink in that it's happening in a couple weeks :)

Hi, I'm 3wks out and had my surgery with Dr. Ali. I loved him and Dr. Carr. Both are amazing and compassionate people! You come to the support group on the third Tuesday of every month. It helped me a lot, I visited the support group a few times before my surgery and even made it a point to go two weeks post op. It gives you a chance to ask lots of questions!

Hi' date=' I'm 3wks out and had my surgery with Dr. Ali. I loved him and Dr. Carr. Both are amazing and compassionate people! You come to the support group on the third Tuesday of every month. It helped me a lot, I visited the support group a few times before my surgery and even made it a point to go two weeks post op. It gives you a chance to ask lots of questions![/quote']

Awesome so you recently just had surgery with dr Ali? The support groups are located on talbert right? And you said they are the 3rd Tuesday of each Month so I missed the chance at November to go before surgery because my surgery is on dec 15 I do want to attend a support group meeting . How did everything go of you don't mind me asking your experience? I'm so nervous it's my first surgery and I just got the call from my coordinator saying that all test came back fine so I am set and clear .good to go just to rest up cuz its happening x) .. Also sorry for the questions lol I'm just happy I found another person who too had dr Ali what pre opt diet did you have to do ..

Bay Area here. Sleeved 11/26 at Kaiser Richmond by Dr Fisher

Everyday is getting easier :). First day today in soft foods (applesauce) and so far so good!

Los Angeles as well. I was sleeved 10/15.

hey aims. what part of la are you in i am west la.

Awesome so you recently just had surgery with dr Ali? The support groups are located on talbert right? And you said they are the 3rd Tuesday of each Month so I missed the chance at November to go before surgery because my surgery is on dec 15 I do want to attend a support group meeting . How did everything go of you don't mind me asking your experience? I'm so nervous it's my first surgery and I just got the call from my coordinator saying that all test came back fine so I am set and clear .good to go just to rest up cuz its happening x) .. Also sorry for the questions lol I'm just happy I found another person who too had dr Ali what pre opt diet did you have to do ..

I had my surgery on Nov. 6th with Dr. Ali. I too was really nervous. I met Dr. Carr on my first visit and Dr. Ali at my pre-op. As soon as he came in I just wanted to hug him. My surgery went great, I was too excited the night before my surgery and didn't sleep much. I had two days of Clear liquids as a pre-op diet. Thank god no cleaning of the colon...just liquids to drink. I thought I would never last but surprisingly I only got hungry once. With all the nerves and excitement you don't get hungry. I went to UCDMC at 6am, had surgery at 8, surgery was done at 10am and I slept 12hrs in recovery! Lol, it was only suppose to be 2hrs. So I was good, they made sure I never felt any pain and I did stay a week but because I wouldn't drink enough and it was a holiday weekend. He didn't want me going to er. Home life has been good, just an adjustment. I am getting tired of the foods but I'm just sticking to it because the Dr.s words were, if I follow the rules then I will have the best outcome. I've lost 22 lbs so far but everyone says it looks like more! I just can't wait till 2months. That's when you can have more varieties but for now my day is full of chobani Greek yogurt, cottage cheese, minced turkey or chicken, applesauce and sugar free popsicles. Oh and I feel like my eye balls are floating in all this Water I have to drink!!! The support groups are at the cypress building, also where your apts. are.

Is this Dr LePort's office? I had my surgery with Dr Kelly Francis.......

I had mine with dr. Francis too!