Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I Wish I'd Known...

I wish I'd known how frustrating the stalls would be and that the weight loss,for me at least,would stair step with weeks of no loss and then big losses overnight.I would have liked to expected this as part of the process.And I wish that I had known that Constipation would be such an issue.Would have started taking acidophylus from the beginning instead of trying to regulate it with all the other meds.

O,and I really really wish that I had started exercising regularly (toning,weight training) from 2 months out as I am as flabby as a jellyfish...lol.

Nobody could've explained to me just how hard it is to break up with food. I'm 6 weeks out tomorrow and while I'm not hungry, I MISS food and eating.

Food was my friend and never let me down. It made me happy when I was sad or mad, and made me happier when I was happy. I really miss it as pathetic as that sounds. I have an addiction and I know there are some foods that I just can never have again, and it's so hard.

Some days I feel like, "I can do this; I'm strong and awesome!", and some days are, "I regret having done this and I want a big, comforting meal."

This sleeve business sure ain't for sissies, but at the end of the day, I'm glad I did it and I'm committed to my decision.

Nobody could've explained to me just how hard it is to break up with food. I'm 6 weeks out tomorrow and while I'm not hungry' date=' I MISS food and eating.

Food was my friend and never let me down. It made me happy when I was sad or mad, and made me happier when I was happy. I really miss it as pathetic as that sounds. I have an addiction and I know there are some foods that I just can never have again, and it's so hard.

Some days I feel like, "I can do this; I'm strong and awesome!", and some days are, "I regret having done this and I want a big, comforting meal."

This sleeve business sure ain't for sissies, but at the end of the day, I'm glad I did it and I'm committed to my decision.[/quote']

This is EXACTLY how I feel! You said it perfectly. I was at Olive Garden yesterday, and as I was trying to eat my 5th spoonful of Soup, I look up to see the guy at the next table twirling his fork around a huge bite full of fettucine Alfredo. I was jealous. But then I got on the scale for my weekly weigh in, and am down 28 pounds in 2.5 weeks!! It makes it all worth it.

Well as you can see by the proceeding responses stuff is all over the place, some ar ein pain, some experience virtually NO pain.

No matter how much you prep, how much you study and search for answers the truth is you will never know until you actually DO it.

I went in it expecting the worst, besides just feeling crappy for about 2 months I really had no ill effects from it besides 3 bouts of kidney stones from not drinking enough Water to stay hydrated. I drink constantly now and have not had any for over a year.

I am an optimistic person, but after my horrible, dismal experience with the lapband, I tended to focus on the "worst" that could happen with the sleeve.

I wish somehow I could have believed just how stinking good life is once you are at a reasonable weight. I am not even at goal, but I feel good, I feel great at social events looking pretty good, I can do athletic stuff, I can fit into regular ole clothes (skinny jeans - woohoo!!!).

I wake up everyday just so excited to be here and with the whole rest of my life before me... as opposed to the somewhat smaller existance I had buried in the fat suit.

It has not been easy, but the rewards are unbelievable.

I wish I would have known just how common and BAD complications are. Skinny is nice but not in a coffin. All of the stories I read were people with high BMI's and other risk factors....so there I went, expecting my low BMI no risk factor body was going to sail on through....I wish I would have known the trauma it was going to cause my family and those I love even three months out it's still there. And I wish I never knew about the pain and agony and complete debilitation....I wish I would have known it's not worth it for some, including me.

I read this plenty, but I guess I refused to acknowledge it - surgery is just a TOOL.

Weight is not magically melting off of me. Unless I work at this and eat like I should and exercise like I should, the sleeve is just a really expensive trauma for no good reason.

Be prepared to work after this WLS.

Feeling the same way. Sleeved 3 weeks ago and the weight loss hasn't been to good. One day I tell myself and others im doing fine and hanging in. the next day or even sooner I feel depressed and want to have a good big meal. I feel that I am missing out. Unfortunatly food was my friend.

I need to find something else that pacifies me instead. I am eating probably more than I should, not getting really full.

Tonight will be rough. Its my sons birthday and wet are going out for dinner.< /p>

I wish I had known how weird thanksgiving would be. So glad I did it though.

I know exactly what u mean. :)

I wish I would have known about it sooner.

I wish someone told me that sometimes weight loss could be slow. I was sleeved November 14th. Only down 7 lbs. very disappointed.

Protein shakes and Water hun be sure to walk walk walk...you can break that stall sweety...good luck

post-34406-13813661526589_thumb.jpg

post-34406-13813661527144_thumb.jpg