Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Didn't Like The Bariactric Advantage, Ideas?

Hey all. I may end up getting the EAS already made Protein Drinks at Walmart. I bought a few of the bottles of bariactric advantage from surgeon office yesterday and omg to me it was like drinking barium before an upper GI. Very disappointed. Very medicine like and thick. I even tried it with Water and very little powder. Any favs out there? I am preop

I liked Unjury Protein powders especially right after surgery because they where not too thick. Right after surgery thick was ikk! I also used their chicken broth one a nice savory change. All of them have 21g of protein and 100-110 calories per serving. I mix them with almond milk because dairy disagreed with me after surgery. I still use them but now I like to mix them with ice in the blender for a thicker creamier beverage ...except for the Soup of course. I buy them online direct from Unjury.

They hit people differently. I hated many of them and settled on Boost! by Nestles from my local Walmart, not the greatest nutrition wise but adequate.

I never obsessed with these Protein drinks, as long as they have some decent Protein content and not to many calories, fat and sugar it will get you by. You will probably only be drinking them for 6 months to a year, it's not like a life long need, so even adequate ones are more than good enough for that time span. Just find one you can tolerate with upchucking and stick with it.

The only ones I can drink are the Atkins Shakes... There's a chocolate one and a wild berry. They are not thick nor are they overly sweet and have a pretty good Protein count.

I couldn't stand Bariatric Advantage, it's way to sweet (in a chemical way). I thought unjury chocolate Splendor was the best. You can order samples online.

Good Luck!

I was required to buy a week's supply of Bariatric Advantage shakes for post-op from my doctor's office. They are horrible! I made myself drink them the first 4 days. Now it makes me want to gag when I look at the packs. I ordered Unjury chocolate Splendor and vanilla and they are very tolerable. Another one I have that I like even better is GNC's whey Protein Chocolate Caramel. It sort of has little bursts of caramel flavor in it. It was on sale last week. GNC's regular chocolate is good too.

If you buy the sample kit from Unjury, they include a wonderful little mixer bottle made by Rubbermaid. It is perfect for mixing the shakes. When I go back to work I am going to mix my shake in it and take it to work with me. I like it better than the big mixer bottles.< /p>