Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

When Did Your Doctor Say You Could..... And When Did You?

That is interesting that your doctor said to avoid caffeine for 3 months. Mine said the opposite that we never had to stop caffeine except for the day before surgery. The doctor and NUT did say no diet drinks. The NUT explained it was because it might lead people back into older behaviors. I did not start having coffee until 5 weeks post op and' date=' if it means anything, daily use of caffeine has not inhibited an effective weight loss. That is my opinion.[/quote']

Mine too. I was allowed coffee day after surgery. I have only had one small sip of coffee though at 6 weeks.

I'm not easily offended but I will speak my mind.

Would you say someone who has a glass of wine with dinner most days or a can of beer is an alcoholic? If not then why would you call someone who smokes a little on the weekend or at a party or after work every once in a while a drug addict. That sounds a little insulting. I can assure you' date=' I am not on welfare or jobless. And judging by all the grammatical errors and misspellings in your post I would assume I am more literate and probably have a better job than you do.

Oh and making alcohol illegal? It was a very bad idea in the 1919 and it would be a terrible idea now.[/quote']

Yes I would call them a alcoholic if they drink just to get drunk pot smokers smoke to get high ;) . So if you smoke to get high your a Drug addict if you drink to get drunk you're an alcoholic ;) . And I highly doubt you have a better job than I do I make six figures a year :) iI let my phone dictate for me but again I must have hit a nerve or offended you because you had to make a personal attack about my phone's typing lmao :P

Yes I would call them a alcoholic if they drink just to get drunk pot smokers smoke to get high ;) . So if you smoke to get high your a Drug addict if you drink to get drunk you're an alcoholic ;) .

I couldn't DISagree more. If you are doing these EVERYDAY then yes. But if it's occasionally no. I drink once a year at a Christmas party. And I drink to get drunk. So based on your theory I am an alcoholic by getting drunk once a year. Best head off here and google my nearest AA meeting.

My mother takes pain medicine when her fibromyalgia flares, my friend has a Xanax every now and again to combat an anxiety disorder, my DH has a glass of wine several times a week while cooking dinner, pre-sleeve I drank about a bottle of wine every weekend...are we all "addicts"?

WAY out of line. I grew up with both a father and an aunt who truly were addicts and I don't throw the word around lightly. You'd do well to do the same.

My mother takes pain medicine when her fibromyalgia flares' date=' my friend has a Xanax every now and again to combat an anxiety disorder, my DH has a glass of wine several times a week while cooking dinner, pre-sleeve I drank about a bottle of wine every weekend...are we all "addicts"?

WAY out of line. I grew up with both a father and an aunt who truly were addicts and I don't throw the word around lightly. You'd do well to do the same.[/quote']

I too have fibromyalgia and didn't even think about my pain pills. Though I don't take them for a high simply for pain.

Most people drink to relax a little. When I've drink wine I do not drink to get drunk because I don't like that feeling. Most people also smoke marijuana to relax a little. Most people don't want to get so high or drunk they are out of control or unconscious. Assuming most people who drink or smoke marijuana once or twice a week are drug addicts or alcoholics is insulting and I wouldn't have gone there if you hadn't said what you said.

I never said you could not have an opinion about your pot smoking. It's against the law and is damaging to your body. I have a right to my thought. As you have the same right to your thoughts. We just don't think the same on the matter. Now that I put my 2 bits in I will unsubscribe from the post as it seems you are upset about what others think about your illegal activities ;)

I never said you could not have an opinion about your pot smoking. It's against the law and is damaging to your body. I have a right to my thought. As you have the same right to your thoughts. We just don't think the same on the matter. Now that I put my 2 bits in I will unsubscribe from the post as it seems you are upset about what others think I anout your illegal activities ;)

No you made a very broad statement on anyone who has so much as a drink. And it's not illegal everywhere.

I never said you could not have an opinion about your pot smoking. It's against the law and is damaging to your body. I have a right to my thought. As you have the same right to your thoughts. We just don't think the same on the matter. Now that I put my 2 bits in I will unsubscribe from the post as it seems you are upset about what others think about your illegal activities ;)

I know he unsubscribed, but does anyone understand this. It makes no sense to me!

A blanket labeling of people who partake in activities in which you clearly don't "approve" of as addicts is arrogant, incorrect and just plain stupid.

As previously stated, you're entitled to your opinion, however, you are not entitled to your own facts.

No you made a very broad statement on anyone who has so much as a drink. And it's not illegal everywhere.

It is still illegal in the United States to go to the store buy a joint and smoke it by federal law. In some states it is legal for medical use only you have to have a prescription to get it.

I think we should change the subject now..one thing I know we all have in common..is our abnormally small stomachs..which by the way I love!!!..what's your favorite part about this new journey?!

It is still illegal in the United States to go to the store buy a joint and smoke it by federal law. In some states it is legal for medical use only you have to have a prescription to get it.

Your original slant had nothing to do with legality. It was a broad sweeping statement about people who use any drugs or alcohol. Pick a soapbox dear, you're backtracking on yourself.

Due to the passing of the law in Washington and Colorado, most marijuana smoker's will not have to worry about being arrested. The Feds might come and shut down a grower or a retail store, but there are way to many marijuana smokers for the feds to come in and start arresting everyone who's smoking. In those states already the local and state police have stopped arresting individual smoker's and in fact the King County Prosecutor has already dismissed over 100 pending marijuana possession cases. In fact, in most states, most people don't worry much about being arrested. Most of the people I know that got arrested were doing something else (like drinking) when they got arrested for marijuana. Drunk and disorderly is not a good time to be carrying weed around.

I think we should change the subject now..one thing I know we all have in common..is our abnormally small stomachs..which by the way I love!!!..what's your favorite part about this new journey?!

It's hard to change the subject once it gets so far. However I very happy about my high weight loss in such a short time.