Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I Dont Hear Much About Dr. Almanza Anymore........

Any sleevies been to Dr. Almanza lately...does he still have the recovery house? Though I am scheduled with Dr. Garcia in Feb. I was greatly considering him at one point...but like others didnt like the thought of a recovery house amd traveling back and forth. I just dont hear much..just wondering is he still in business

I'm thinking of going with Dr. Garcia as well. One of the schedulers I talked to said that they don't care to refer patients to Dr. Almanza anymore because he's trying to pump out 10 patients a day... compared to Garcia who only does 5.

Whether or not that is true.... That's just what I was told.

:)

I guess you are right...all I used to see when I first start reasearching, over a year now, was Dr. Almanza..now I dont hardly see any updated experience posts about him. I am completly secure in my decision with Dr. Garcia..I have watched him on YouTube, ready numerous blogs, and spoken with Alma..I am 100% confident with my choice...and I am not changing..

I switched from Almanza to Garcia too. My boss said she wasn't sure if I could have time off if I was going to go to a surgery center instead of a hospital.

I want to be in my own private hotel for recovery and have nice amenities, not in a noisy recovery house with other people. That's my personal preference though ;) every one is different

X2............nothing like a 3 nite recovery in a fully staffed Hospital!

Dr Almanza did my surgery in July I had a great experience no problems

I had mine done by Almanza last week. I stayed the first night in the clinic then the rest in a hotel....traveling was no big deal and I had a good experience. There were 6 of us that day.

Congrats Nicolanz, glad all is well...

I'm thinking of going with Dr. Garcia as well. One of the schedulers I talked to said that they don't care to refer patients to Dr. Almanza anymore because he's trying to pump out 10 patients a day... compared to Garcia who only does 5.

Whether or not that is true.... That's just what I was told.

:)

At 1 time I was gone with Dr Almanza but I would like to be in a real hospital not a clinic that's why I change to Dr Garcia

I'm told that Dr. Almanza has switched from a recovery house to the Hotel Ticuan, and patient satisfaction is much higher as a result.

I had mine done by Almanza last week. I stayed the first night in the clinic then the rest in a hotel....traveling was no big deal and I had a good experience. There were 6 of us that day.

I'd love to hear your experience.. I'm scheduled for VSG on 1/21/13 with Dr Almanza and am starting to get nervous!!!

I had my surgery by Dr Almanza in July it was a great experience and would go back to him again

The clinic is really small and in a shopping center...I think that was the most shocking to everyone. I already knew before arriving a.d thought it was no big deal.

When you arrive they take your blood and do an EKG. Then hook you up to IV. The person with the lowest BMI goes first. The group I went with didn't seem to even need surgery! They were all just a little over weight which made me question Dr Almanza's intentions. Seems a little money hungry. Anyway I went last so I had to wait all day.

After surgery, I woke up in a dark room....the door was open so they kmew I woke up. Then I had to walk upstairs to a room with another patient. That was the worst night for me. I had gas pain and couldn't sleep.

The following nights you are in a hotel which was 55 dollars a night. The nurses are there and they take good care of you. On the second day they take you back to get fluids in your IV. Bring gas strips because we all jad horrible pain from sitting so long. On the third day you get fluids again and the drain removed. I was terrified but I didn't even feel it so don't worry. The following morning they take you back to San Diego.

The whole time they supply ypu with popsicles, juice, broth and Water. The nurses are all handsome! Edwardo is a punk though, he's very rude and doesn't smile. Everyone else is awesome! You go home with stitches. I chose to take mine out by myself on the 11th day. You also get antibiotics. Take them every 12 hrs until gone so you don't get an infection.

Oh and my incisions did open a little. I just kept them clean and dry and they scabbed over by the end of the day. The only thing I didn't like about the whole thing was having stitches!