Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hey PRE Banders 2

Hey all,

I'm not yet banded, but I've begun my journey with doctors, testing, etc. I can tell you this much: I feel GREAT. I've been in a great mood. I am out there shaking my thing, I'm walking taller and just feel 'giddy'. I suppose b/c I know I'll be loosing soon - and feeling fine. I keep laughing at myself with my clothes saying things like "Ahhhh, if I ruin it - so what - this time next year it won't fit me anyhow"! I'm getting SO excited. Just a few more doctors, and I'll get my approvals I need.

Question is: How are you feeling now that you've started your journey to the band? Are you nervous, anxious, depressed, Excited, silly? For some of us it's a long journey (months) before we can be approved. What keeps us going? Me, knowing I can give away all my 18's!!!!!!!!

Sheri Lynn

:D

All of the above. I think about it all the time. I even dream about it, lol....I really can't wait. I just hate I have to wait until February!!

I'am a prebander and I'm positive about being banded! I had my first appt with my pcp back in Feb of this year and I went back yesterday and she was a bit hesitant about give me the referral but I have it YiP pEE:omg:

But Im scared to death :paranoid

I called the Lab band center that was covered under my insurance for an appt and Im waiting on them to get me an appt. :D

I would love keep in contact with you guys so we can offer each other comfort while waiting:clap2:

STAY GOOD

STAY WELL

STAY BLESSED

STAY FOCUSED

We can do this!!!!:biggrin1: :biggrin1: :biggrin1: :biggrin1: :biggrin1: :biggrin1: :biggrin1: :biggrin1: :biggrin1: :biggrin1: :biggrin1: :biggrin1: :biggrin1: :biggrin1: :biggrin1: :biggrin1: :biggrin1: :biggrin1: :biggrin1:

:D

I will be banded on 10/26. I am so excited, I can't stand it. Just knowing that it is coming keeps me perked up. I am so tired of being overweight and I know this is the tool that I need to help me get my weight off of me. I wish I could do it sooner, but couldn't get it worked out.

I completely understand how you feel. Hang in there. It will be here before we know it.

I, too, have started the process. I'm on my medically-supervised diet (oh help me not hurt my dietician who says I won't need the surgery because this diet - oops, 'better choices' - will work! Yea, just like the 657 other 'better choices' I've been through before!!!).

This time last year, I found myself obsessing about my weight in a way I never had before, even though I have been obese for most of my life. So, I started doing research on gastric bypass and lap band, although I didn't think I was seriously considering them. Then suddenly, something clicked. I realized that what I need is help, a tool to assist me in my weight loss. That's what I think the band will give me - a tool I need to help me achieve my goals. So, the feeling of taking back control of my body, my mind, my life has been really powerful in the past few months. I love the feeling. I've always been very assured in my work and my interactions with others, but inwardly, my self-esteem has suffered. I feel it building back up each day and that is a wonderfully powerful impetus to see this through.

:gluck: to us all!

you guys are the best it's so strange how we can have a similar problem and not know each other!!! But we feel the same emotions, WOW I hope we stay on this thread and encourage each other like we need too. Ms. Nimblebean why are you having to do another diet is it for insurance or the doctors request

Something clicked for me too!

I just decided I HAVE to do this! My date is set for Jan. 23 - wish it were sooner but I've already booked and paid for a 1 month adventure tour so I can't have the surgery earlier.

I CAN'T WAIT! I'M REALLY UP FOR IT! :biggrin1:

Yes Tia, I have to do the diet for the insurance company. It's just amazing to me that they make us go through this. Do they think we want to be obese, that we haven't ever dieted before?!!! So, my doc has me see a nutritionist weekly (of course the insurance company doesn't cover that!) and the doc once a month for six months!

Maybe the insurance companies hope we lose enough so that we then don't qualify for insurance! A catch 22!

Do love the idea of keeping this thread going for us, and any other pre-banders who want to chime in. Will be a great support system for those of us not quite at surgery yet!

NimbleBean

ok i understand I started in Feb of 06 with my new doctor and we talked about WLS the whole time of the visit. she prescribed me some Meridian and it didnt work plus she also told me that my insurance didnt cover it BIG LIAR so i stopped trying up until 2 weeks ago something say call your insurance company I did and turns out they cover it as long as I get a referral from my pcp. so all the trying to diet crap is over for me im ready to lay on the table for my band

Tia, After you said that you just called your insurance company and they told you all you needed was a referral, I called my insurance company again. This time they said that my PCP needs to write a letter saying that I've been on all kinds of diets in the past and nothing has worked. Last time they told me that that wouldn't count if my PCP hadn't been monitoring those diets. They also told me this time that I need to have a psychiatric evaluation for them to even consider paying for the surgery. No one said a word about that last time I called. So, it's hard to know what to believe. But my surgeon's office seems to have been through all this before, and I'll call them on Monday and they will call the insurance company and cut through all the BS! If all goes well, I'm hoping for surgery in January or early February. Any idea when your surgery will be scheduled?

Bella, have a great time on your adventure tour! Perhaps we'll be banders together if my surgery is scheduled when I hope it is!

Cheers to us all!

NimbleBean

When I first discovered the band about 6 weeks ago I was thrilled and just knew that this was right for me. I finally had hope again that I could lose and keep this excess weight off.

Because I'm self-pay, I was able to get a consult and surgery date very quickly. This past week, I've started having some fear about dying during surgery. I'm just questioning the risks of everything. Logically I know that it's safer than staying morbidely obese, but the fear is still there. I'm also terrifed of flying...that fear feels similar.

Part of me is embarrassed that I've let myself get to this point and have to resort to surgery. Why can't I just do it. :phanvan But I know that 99% of dieters can't maitain their weight loss. It's not just me.

Overall I'm confident in my decision...I'm just a little scared.:D

Im in a really funky place. Im going to be self pay . I know what doc im going to use , I know SO much ( i feel) about the surgery , I feel I am SO VERY VERY ready . BUT I cant go any further because Of money . We THINK That I am going to be able to get it done in December. We own our own company ( Just started it in Feb.) and its going VERY WELL. SO IF things keep going the way they are now and IF We get paid for the job we started In December I'll be able to have it. BUT I wont know until December comes.

In the mean time im still busting my ass cleaning houses just in case.

So im a bit depressed. OR I should say I get a bit depressed. Some days I feel like " Its SO CLOSE" Other days I feel " Its SO FAR away " Someday I have to stay away from my lap band boards and friends because its too depressing for me , other days I NEED them to keep me thinking " That's going to be me soon"

As for the banding itself im very excited about it because I feel like i KNOW SO much about it that I am nothing short of 1000% sure this is for ME .

I know 100% this is the right descisoion for me. I just have to get there.

I would feel better if i just KNEW I was having it for sure in December. I dont know maybe its better I dont know until I can start my pre op stuff .I think the anxiety and anxiousness alone would give me an ulcer LOL

thanks for listening

Mindy:eek::help:

Part of me is embarrassed that I've let myself get to this point and have to resort to surgery. Why can't I just do it. :phanvan But I know that 99% of dieters can't maitain their weight loss. It's not just me.

.:D

I toatally understand how you feel. I have been overwt for 6-7 yrs. And I look at myself and think " Im one of those people I use to look at and think " HOW can someone get like that " But its ME NOW . 7 yrs ago when i met my husband I was 135 pds. Sometimes I sit and wonder HOW DOES This happen to me. I was talking to a friend of mine and I think either before i have the surgery or after the surgery for SURE I am going to go to a conselor just to make sure im 100% mentally ok . I think i might have some underlying issues ( OK I KNOW I DO ) I want to find out what caused me to eat the way i do . Or just to keep me honest I guess.

I was watching Carney Wilson on the View today and she said that she's SUCH an emtional eater. But I got the picture that she hasnt changed ANYTHING when it comes to that since she had her Bypass surgery .

I dont want that to be me.

I hope that makes sense.

Mindy