Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What Are Your Favorite Right After Surgery Liquids?

Okay' date=' so what are the basics?? Thanks![/quote']

Vitamin Water (different flavored), crystal light, and Protein powder your doc has approved. That is all I would stock up on. If you are feeling crazy, maybe sugar free Popsicles so you can chew some. Trust me, it's wonderful.

I did the same thing, Unjury chicken and Unjury Unflavored in my broths. Also, Isopure was considered a clear liquid on my post-op. You can get it at Vitamin Shoppe or others. It is like gatorade only low cal, low carb, low sugar. I'm 7 1/2 weeks out and it does get easier! I was one of those that stocked up on everything, and now have lots of low sodium chicken broth! I don't think it is a bad idea before the surgery to stock up on the non-food supplies so that after you don't have to run out to get things. I had a strainer for chunky Soups, food scale, small 1 oz, 2 oz and 3 oz glass measuring, as well as other measuring cups. Little plates, bowls, spoons and forks. I got all these at Target in bright colors. And my Magic Bullet for shakes, soups and when you get to purees!

I liked making Tomato bisque out of tomato Protein Soup and lobster bouillon to get an amazing savory flavor. I liked taking Syntrax sweet flavor like Oreo in order to get a sweet flavor. I would end up probably drinking shake 80% of time and soup 20% of time to keep it interesting in my mouth. Yes, too much of one thing can get monotonous and switching it up during the day can help prevent food boredom or potential cheating.

I bought Unjury at the hospital pharmacy where i had surgery, but you can get it online!

I liked making Tomato bisque out of tomato Protein Soup and lobster bouillon to get an amazing savory flavor. I liked taking Syntrax sweet flavor like Oreo in order to get a sweet flavor. I would end up probably drinking shake 80% of time and soup 20% of time to keep it interesting in my mouth. Yes' date=' too much of one thing can get monotonous and switching it up during the day can help prevent food boredom or potential cheating.[/quote']

Tomato Protein soup and lobstster boillion? Where do you get these-sounds delish!

I liked making Tomato bisque out of tomato Protein Soup and lobster bouillon to get an amazing savory flavor. I liked taking Syntrax sweet flavor like Oreo in order to get a sweet flavor. I would end up probably drinking shake 80% of time and Soup 20% of time to keep it interesting in my mouth. Yes' date=' too much of one thing can get monotonous and switching it up during the day can help prevent food boredom or potential cheating.[/quote']

Where do you find tomato Protein soup? The only protein soup I have found is unjury chicken... I have been using other Soups with unflavored protein...

G2, Powerade Zero, and Mott's for Tott's low sugar apple juice were my favorites that first week. A little broth. Not much else. Only about 4 oz of the juice per day though. I used it as a chaser for the liquid Vicodin, or even mixed it together to help swallow it down. I chewed on ice constantly because the cold felt good down there.

Tomato Protein Soup and lobstster boillion? Where do you get these-sounds delish!

Tomato Protein soup can be ordered from mybariatricpantry, but I got mine from a little WLS store at my hospital.

Lobster bouillon may be harder to find, but try looking in the ethnic food section in your grocery store. If you cannot find it, try searching on Amazon. Amazon has literally everything. I got my small container from a little Italian store in the Pike place market in Seattle. It is so good and lasts forever. I understand you can't come to Pike Place market, but you might look for a world market or some other place like that. Definitely try then grocery store first.

You're gonna want savory after choking down all those sweet Protein drinks!

Don't go out and spend a bunch of $ on Protein stuff you may not like- just get broth based Soups from a normal grocery store and strain them in a fine mesh collender- drink broth now when you are on clears and if no one else in house will eat left over bits- freeze for mushies.

I had minestrone, French onion all sorts of chicken, Italian wedding Soup, miso, etc durring the liquid phase and it was heaven to have an alternative I liked when on clears- and not a protein infused frankenfood!

I'm really limo g the unjury chicken Soup too! I still don't tolerate cold liquids very well and it really hits the spot!

Also, my husband made a big pot of soup with chicken (shredded), green Beans and carrots. It's SO good! I eat a tiny bit of the chicken and the carrots and green Beans are so soft that they're going down well. I also drink the soup broth from a coffee mug to help get in my fluids.

As for Water, I'm really digging the Ocean Spray mixers, especially Cran-Grape and Blueberry-Lemonade!

Totally agree with the "don't stock up" suggestions!

After surgery, I found cytosport ready to drink whey isolate drinks in tropical and tangerine. They are Clear Liquids and I thought tasted good. Now, I'm over them, but I LOVED them for a WHILE after surgery. If you want to try them, go to Vitamin Shoppe and buy them out of their refrigerated section. Buy one of each. Go to your car, taste one. Wait 15 mins. Taste the other. If you don't like them, go right back into the store with your receipt and the opened container and you get your money back. But I iced them down and drank them throughout the day. I think it was great Protein (I don't remember the grams now), low carb but they do have calories, fyi.

I also liked unjury chicken flavored Soup but it clumps if I heat it to the temp I prefer, grr.

For Water, I used crystal lite cherry pomegranite and now I use sugar free crush in strawberry, grape or orange. I get the crush from Family Dollar or Dollar General (sorry I always confuse those two stores). But the flavor is a BURST in my 30 oz. mugs.

For later, on full liquids, my fav soup is just campbell's cream of chicken with mushroom. It's just flavorful and yummy IMO. I also liked Protein pak power pudding in chocolate. And I make pumpkin cheesecake with Protein powder added, on full liquids anyway!

Best of luck!

I just had surgery this morning and I am loving the Tomato soup! Yummy!

The tomato Protein Soup from unjury?

Congrats on your surgery today! How ya feeling?

I just had surgery this morning and I am loving the Tomato soup! Yummy!

Wow...who gets Tomato Soup right after surgery? I was not allowed to have anything but CLEAR for a full week....tomato Soup was not in the diet plan for 3-4 weeks. It amazes me that diet plans are so different. I have read on here about people eating eggs and oatmeal in the hospital. I was doing good to swallow a clear liquid !

I love unjury chicken soup, I still use it even at 3 months out. I put the powder in Soups & grits and drink it by the cupful in the evening. It really helps me to get in my Protein.

Wow...who gets Tomato Soup right after surgery? I was not allowed to have anything but CLEAR for a full week....tomato Soup was not in the diet plan for 3-4 weeks. It amazes me that diet plans are so different. I have read on here about people eating eggs and oatmeal in the hospital. I was doing good to swallow a clear liquid !

I love unjury chicken soup' date=' I still use it even at 3 months out. I put the powder in Soups & grits and drink it by the cupful in the evening. It really helps me to get in my Protein.[/quote']

I know, I've been on liquid diet a week pre op and clears two days pre op and two days post op with liquid diet for two more weeks. Some of these diets are crazy to me. I am with you I can barely handle clears at this point. I am just two days post op though.