Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Why Do I Hate The Word "hubby" So Much?

I hate being called wifey it's like it devalues the importance of being someone's wife and husband. It turns something that is substantial and valuable and toning it down. I agree ( I am sure I am guilty of using the term) that I am a wife and that title means something so don't try to tone it down or make it cute...

Any variation of husband is horrible ie. hubby, hubs, hubster, etc. -cringe-

My husband and I use terms of endearment for one another but not in public. We have names and that's what we go by. If I'm referring to him while writing, then it depends on the circumstances. Only once did I ever refer to him as "my Beloved" and that was for an article written about romance. Every other time, he is my husband.

Oh and if he ever referred to me as his "Old Lady" then he'd never refer to anything ever again! ;)

(Though we do give one another a hard time ALL the time and he calls me Wench and I call him Wastard)

My wife calles me her french model cause of that stupid insurance comericial

hahahahaha!!!!! uhhhh....... bon jour!!!

Hey I'm hanging out in the Man Room! Hello any men out there?

I hate when my husband calls me " THE Wife" like I am notorious or something lol...I never call him hubby but I sometimes abbreviate as hubs or husb when texting or writing.

When we first got married my husband commented that he hates when people call each other dear so from that day on I've always called him Elk.... lol, to each his own I guess ;D

Haha, personal preference I guess. I hate when people refer to their kids as "the kiddos." I can't explain why, it just sounds stupid to me.

It irritates me to hear and read hubby, hubs, wifey, AND kiddos. I don't know why either!!

It also really, really irritates me when people refer to their significant other as "my man" or "my woman." I DO know why this bothers me.

I love my hubby...my hubby provides for me...my hubby loves his daughter..my hubby has a good job...have I gotten on your nerves yet? LOL!

Okay, this thread made me laugh... the French man and the Elk.... har har har

I never call him Hubby but I usually write it that way in forums. For some reason, husband sounds so formal when typing it out here. Didn't we always used to say "DH" dear husband on internet forums when referring to he whom we are legally partnered with? What the heck happened to that?

It's funny, because right before I read this yesterday, I had changed my status and very specifically wrote "husband" because the same thoughts were running through my head... No offense to anyone who LIKES the term. Some say tomato- some throw tomatoes. :lol:

Lol, you all are too funny. I'm just happy to have a Hubby to call mine. Married 34+ years, it's all good.

I feel that way about the word "moist." Of course, that's not the matter at hand, but I thought I'd throw it out there.

I feel that way about the word "moist." Of course' date=' that's not the matter at hand, but I thought I'd throw it out there.[/quote']

Eeeeewwwwweeeeeee! Moist!

I feel that way about the word "moist." Of course, that's not the matter at hand, but I thought I'd throw it out there.

I feel that way about the word "nourish." Too many Shampoo commercials abuse it. And Rachel Ray and her "nutrish." I want to slap somebody for that one.

....rabbit trail!! lol