Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What Does Your Stomach Feel Like When You Eat?

I am one week post op and just moved to the full liquid phase. I had a DanActive drinkable yogurt for Breakfast, which I sipped and ate the entire bottle with no problem. For lunch I am trying to eat canned Tomato Soup with Water. I've had a few small spoonfuls, but with each one, my stomach feels like a factory switch is turning on. Everything starts moving inside. Is this normal?

Also how often should we eat/drink at this phase?

Pamela

I'm very similar to you! I'm one week out and my shakes go down fine, but when I had broccoli cheese Soup it was rumbley. I had 1/2 cup and a gas x strip lol

So does that mean that you need to stay away from that Soup?

during the first few months your stomach is still healing, there is allot of sweeling and untill you get to soft and solid food you won't feel much restriction. the dencer protien of the item the more restriciton. note I can polish off a whole 5 oz container of yogurt no problem but can only eat 2 oz of chicken and am super full.... I am going on my 8 week mark and my stomach still rumbles with certain food and when I add new items to my diet.

during the first few months your stomach is still healing, there is allot of sweeling and untill you get to soft and solid food you won't feel much restriction. the dencer protien of the item the more restriciton. note I can polish off a whole 5 oz container of yogurt no problem but can only eat 2 oz of chicken and am super full.... I am going on my 8 week mark and my stomach still rumbles with certain food and when I add new items to my diet.

That's really interesting. It's so strange to feel my stomach. Like aliens are in there. Interesting point, my husband told me to check the sugar content and actually it was really high (10 g) on the Tomato Soup even though I got health request. Could be why my stomach is reacting.

More than likely it is the heat and / or acid of the Tomato Soup. Peristalsis (the grumbling and moving of your stomach and intestine) reacts to hot and cold temperatures, acidity and sugar. That is why you see a lot of people having the morning cup of coffee to get things moving in the bathroom. Gross, but true.

You have to be careful with those healthy request, low calorie, low fat food items. Sometimes they skew one to make up for the other. I've found a lot of stuff that is low carb, but high sugar and fat. Low fat high carb & sugar, etc.. etc.. lots of games they play with that nutrition label :)

In the first couple of weeks I think avoiding hot or cold food is key. No one likes lukewarm food but your sleeve will thank you for it.

I am six weeks out and had the same issues with certain Soups when I was at that phase. Most were just fine, but my sleeve did not like broccali and cheese! Now, I have been cleared for full foods and I get full off of 1/4 to a few ounces of meat or veggies. I have found a few items that still make my sleeve rumbly, it is all still new, but wonderful!

Thanks for all the great info. Anxious to try something different tomorrow.