Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Looking For Dec Sleevers Out There

I am a teacher so I am using Christmas break to recover. My date is December 26th. I am with Dr. Nicholson if Dallas. I start the diet on 12/12 but thankfully it's not straight liquids and I get 1 small meal per day, but no starches.

I'm so nervous and excited! I don't have any pre-op tests or anything until December 7th. I am thinking about the monthly support meeting even before the surgery. I am glad that I found the online.

I am to because we all have walked in the same shoes

I am a teacher so I am using Christmas break to recover. My date is December 26th. I am with Dr. Nicholson if Dallas. I start the diet on 12/12 but thankfully it's not straight liquids and I get 1 small meal per day, but no starches.

I'm so nervous and excited! I don't have any pre-op tests or anything until December 7th. I am thinking about the monthly support meeting even before the surgery. I am glad that I found the online.

Lets try this again lol I am to we need support from people that has walked in the same shoes

Hi Mandy! I was actually putting on weight for quite a while because my band slipped and was no longer working...I had put on about 45 lbs since I had my son a little over 2 years ago. Due to my gall bladder issues I lost 17 lbs in about a month. Each time I had a gall bladder attack I just didn't eat for several days. I joked with my Dr that maybe I should just keep my gall bladder because it was helping me lose weight...lol. Since having my band removed I have gone back and forth between gaining and losing about 3 lbs. I am trying to stick to a high Protein diet and low fat but admittedly now that I can eat again I have just gone a little crazy eating junk. But I will go back to eating better after this weekend. My Dr doesn't want me to gain weight before surgery.

Hi Mandy! I was actually putting on weight for quite a while because my band slipped and was no longer working...I had put on about 45 lbs since I had my son a little over 2 years ago. Due to my gall bladder issues I lost 17 lbs in about a month. Each time I had a gall bladder attack I just didn't eat for several days. I joked with my Dr that maybe I should just keep my gall bladder because it was helping me lose weight...lol. Since having my band removed I have gone back and forth between gaining and losing about 3 lbs. I am trying to stick to a high Protein diet and low fat but admittedly now that I can eat again I have just gone a little crazy eating junk. But I will go back to eating better after this weekend. My Dr doesn't want me to gain weight before surgery.

Thats the same here mine wasnt either cause my band had a major slip

December 4 with Dr. Nicholson in Dallas!

Hi Cadilex-

My surgery is Dec 4th with Dr. Davidson at Forest Park Medical Center.

Hello Amiee. Will you be at the Forest Park facility in Dallas or Frisco?

So I have a question for all you Dec. sleever's ! Is there anything that you would like to do that you havent got to do while being heavy once you loose all your weight? This is probably silly but I have lot's of things i want to do like I love doing zumba and one of my goals next year as soon as I get enough weight off is i want to become a zumba instructer my second and this is the silly one the day my husband can pick me up with out any trouble !

Zumba is on my list, too.

My surgery is December 17th. My pre-op starts on December 3rd

Hello Amiee. Will you be at the Forest Park facility in Dallas or Frisco?

Hey Cadilex-

In Dallas? How about you? My surgery is at 7:30, I figured the earlier the better since I'll be without coffee :-)

Amiee

So I have a question for all you Dec. sleever's ! Is there anything that you would like to do that you havent got to do while being heavy once you loose all your weight? This is probably silly but I have lot's of things i want to do like I love doing zumba and one of my goals next year as soon as I get enough weight off is i want to become a zumba instructer my second and this is the silly one the day my husband can pick me up with out any trouble !

Get pregnant! I miss roller coasters and wearing my wedding band. Flying hurts because I try to hug myself so I don't spill over into someone else's seat and strange enough cleaning the house without having to stop and rest :-( it's a long list

I love to Zumba MandyMo, what a great goal!

I have a date of Dec 3rd. Finally appointment with Dr. Is on Nov. 29th.

I have my surgery date of Dec 6.

Dec 28 !!!! Can't wait!!

December 12th for me tentatively. I've got one more doctors visit and then they will submit my paperwork but the surgical coordinator says she doesnt think I will get denied. i'm starting to get a little nervous though

December 12th for me tentatively. I've got one more doctors visit and then they will submit my paperwork but the surgical coordinator says she doesnt think I will get denied. i'm starting to get a little nervous though

I am 12/12/12 too!!! Don't get to worried about it... I was getting myself all worked up about it and then my approval came in less then a week! I am so excited now... I feel like it is getting so close and with Thanksgiving being only 2 weeks away then we will start all of our Christmas prep so I am hoping the next month goes by fast. I have all my pre-op testing on 11/15 and my EGD on 11/20... I am suppossed to start my pre-op diet a week before my SX date but I think I am going to start it sooner.