Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Looking For Dec Sleevers Out There

Sleeved yesterday, 12/28. Laying here in my room. I woke up in the most horrible pain ever.....one side of my back hurting .... Still hurting more than incisions, and yes I have had surgeries before...2 c sections... I guess maybe I was not positioned well???

Sleeved yesterday' date=' 12/28. Laying here in my room. I woke up in the most horrible pain ever.....one side of my back hurting .... Still hurting more than incisions, and yes I have had surgeries before...2 c sections... I guess maybe I was not positioned well???[/quote']

Sounds like the gas they use to inflate your stomach. Like you that hurt me more than the incisional pain for sure. I took gas ex and walked a lot. Seemed to help

Walk! Sip! Gas med! Best advise don't be a hero take pain meds if needed. Back pain is probably from mesh to support adominal wall on side of biggest incision were stomach was taken out...it will hurt & be sore for a while. Good luck & congrats...F.Y.I. SD was 12.10.12 my incision & back has some pain & discomfort, allow body time to heal.

Dr. CJ j/k but my journey has been filled with education & knowledge of & about VSG. Many yrs research & personal experience.

Ok my fellow sleevers. I was sleeved on 12/26 and trying to figure out what I can get down. Ive tried chicken broth (can get a couple of teaspoons down before my stomach tells me that's enough) ive tried SF Jello with the same results. I have been sipping Water all day. Am I being too impatient ?

I feel your pain. I was sleeved on the 18 ... Try freezing fruit punch crystal light or ice tea crystal light until its slushie .. 1 oz at a time u will get there..so good.. If you don't want to wait until it freezes ill tell u about a slushie trick... Idk if u ever seen that commercial slushie magic? Things turn into flush in an instant? The trick is salt water! Take a small ziplock bag fill it up with water and salt ... Seal it ..Freeze it... Once frozen take a bigger ziplock bag... Measure the amount of liquid you are suppose to intake ...place the sealed frozen bag of salt water into the bigger ziplock and shake.. It will turn into slushie right before your eyes.. I hope this works for u

I bought one of those magic slushy things for my kiddo and the cubes would never freeze. How much salt did you put in the Water to make it work?

I had mine Dec.10....I'm having a really hard time getting Protein down and all my liquids. I started purees yesterday....I had red snapper fish with liquid on it to keep it mushy....a half tap of potato salad.....I feel amazing in spite of the limited protein.

I was sleeved on 12/12. Yesterday was my first day on the soft diet. Was only able to get down 1/2 an egg and 0.5 oz of cheese before being full. So i can only tolerate about a half cup of anything before getting too full. I'm down 30 lbs since starting my preop diet! Some days i hit my protein and liquid goal but i haven't since starting the soft stage.

I was sleeved dec 4. I had a painball and a pain pump. I did surprisingly well. I was soar and moving around hurt but I woke up comfortable in recovery don't remember a thing. I was up walking the first day and discharged to second day. I have no food restrictions at this point but to just avoid carbs as much as possible.

I was sleeved on dec 17. So far so good. I dealt with some pain the first 4 days. The worst pain was in my left shoulder, but that went away by day 4. Then I experienced a couple of days when I didn't have very much energy and felt weak, however, my weight loss is 21 lbs thus far. I'm feeling stronger each day, walking and moving around helps allot. Tired of shakes but i have to keep pressing forward with them. Can't wait until i graduate to soft foods :)

Ok my fellow sleevers. I was sleeved on 12/26 and trying to figure out what I can get down. Ive tried chicken broth (can get a couple of teaspoons down before my stomach tells me that's enough) ive tried SF Jello with the same results. I have been sipping Water all day. Am I being too impatient ?

Yes your being vey impatient. That's the good part of having this surgery. Your going to lose your most weight the first week. I couldn't do the plain chicken broth. So I would strain the light Progresso Soup and was so much better. Just take your time. You won't be able to get in all your water for at least a week. I will be 2 weeks post op on Monday. Just starting to get all my water. Started my soft food on Thursday. Can only eat half an egg, maybe a 1/4 cup of fat free retried Beans. So to me I see it as a good thing. I've lost 26 pounds since I've started this journey. 10 pounds pre op. So I wish you the best of luck.

When were u sleeved? I was sleeved the 18 and I'm having a hard time holding anything down.. I'm so jealous :( .i love Water I wish I could chug a 20 oz Poland spring without fear... Will I ever?

I was sleeved the 17th. I use a baby spoon and it works really well for me. Put it down during bites and make sure it's chewed very well. Good luck sweetie!

I bought one of those magic slushy things for my kiddo and the cubes would never freeze. How much salt did you put in the Water to make it work?

A lot.. Until it turned white.. My bag never seems to freeze but I rinse it off and put it back in the freezer.. Make sure u shake well and hey use their magic slushie if u can less of a hassle

Great ideas. I love this forum!

Hey sleevers, I know its been a while I hv been trying to get myself together with my new stomache,diet, and weight loss. I was sleeved on Dec 4th and doing great, my starting weight was 264, day of surgery 259, today my weight is 225. I feel great eating is going well, things going down easily n stomache sitting well with the foods I hv tried so far. I feel like a soft food diet will be my diet from here on. I realize I dont really care for meat anymore, veggies are great, and I hv only had mashed potatoes and grits as a starch. I need help with this situation, My skin has been terribly itching since my surgery has anyone had this problem??? I convinced myself its from the weight loss can someone help me

Hey sleevers, I know its been a while I hv been trying to get myself together with my new stomache,diet, and weight loss. I was sleeved on Dec 4th and doing great, my starting weight was 264, day of surgery 259, today my weight is 225. I feel great eating is going well, things going down easily n stomache sitting well with the foods I hv tried so far. I feel like a soft food diet will be my diet from here on. I realize I dont really care for meat anymore, veggies are great, and I hv only had mashed potatoes and grits as a starch. I need help with this situation, My skin has been terribly itching since my surgery has anyone had this problem??? I convinced myself its from the weight loss can someone help me

I am right there with you with the itchy skin!! I am doing lotion on places I never had to put lotion on. I thought it was maybe dry skin. Now I am thinking it might be the sudden fast drop in fat in our diets. Either that or some other nutrient. I am doing Biotin but I was doing it for years before I had surgery. My skin is so itchy, I was concerned I was having some reaction to something.

I have been eating 99% Protein at this point. My surgery was about your time, 12-6. I can't get anything else in. Yesterday, I did get in 2 baby carrots with my lunch of string cheese and I managed my first piece of toast. I have had sweet potatoes on the counter I wanted to bake for weeks but what is the point if protein is going to take all the space. I go in this week to see the doctor/NUT and was going to ask about if my diet is correct.

Like you, I am loving the results. I went to my first big social event and wore pants a size I could not believe. I look in the mirror and think wow is that me?

Sleeved on December 17 and have lost 65 pounds so far. Best decision I have ever made. And well worth the $15000.00 I spent