Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I can't believe that I am posting this. I have had such "issues" of late. At 6 months out...It has only gotten worse. I take Fiber, stool softeners, miralac every day. I posted a graphic depiction of a stool impaction that happened to me. So...today I tried a preemptive enema. It was surprisingly easy and not uncomfortable. I decided to try this if I don't poop after 5 days. I would recommend it if your having a hard time. It was not nearly as disgusting as I thought it would be!

I am so glad I found this forum. I know it is a horrible subject, but I have been having a lot of problems like some of you. I am almost 4wks post op and have gone about two times since surgery. I was taking 2 colace in the morning and 2 at night....nothing happening. Then I started getting very nauseated, and with every bite of food horrible stomach cramps. I went 7 days without a BM and finally called dr. He said take 1 tablespoon of Milk of Mag and drink 2 glasses of Water. Nothing happened, called him back same instructions except this time add Metamucil 3x a day....tiny BM, nothing to write home about. Still feeling very bloated,and stomach cramps with just about any food. Still taking the metamucil (expect switched to Benefiber) 3x a day, and no relief! Do you guys think that the Miralax is better than the milk of mag? Milk of mag a stimulant, so surgeon really not wanting me to take. Also have not lost one pound in the last 9 days. Is that normal????? Help, I am feeling so frustrated. I have been trying to eat so healthy, exercise and drinking tons of Water. Is it normal to feel cramping while you are eating?

Would appreciate any suggestions or help.

Bottom line is if you have to go, you have to go. Benefiber is good but if it is not working for you it's not helping. Take milk of magnesia so you can go then start some sort of regimen that you think may work for you. Many take miralax and it works.

For me miralax has worked better than MOM. I am like 5 weeks post op and have only gone barely 3 times since surgery so I'm still struggling. I got some fiber gummies, to add to the regime we'll see how that goes.

Yes it is. I was told that if I couldn't move I would be admitted.

I had this problem also and yes I was admitted to the hospital for

4 days....I was given everything, enemas, suppositories, mag citrate nothing worked. On my 4th day I finally went. My potassium was down which caused me to have a ileus which slows things down. I take a softner everyday and I am slowly getting back to regular 2-3 times a week.

My mind has completely tuned this out and ignored it. I hadn't read this thread until now and then I started counting back. I've been to the bathroom twice for sure (maybe three times) since surgery six weeks ago. I'm traveling for work for the next few days so can't put myself in a vulnerable position, but I realize that this needs some immediate attention. Amazing what you can forget about....

You can also try Konsyl which is 100% all natural it is psyllium fiber. My son uses it 2x a day in his drink. You can add it to your food and I believe you can even use it in your baking.

Miralax is soon becoming my best friend. After taking 1 tbs of Fiber 3 times a day; 2 oz of MOM, I still wasn't going. I

go maybe twice a week.

This is the pits.