Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What Was 'the Moment' For You?

Hello, I've been reading this forum for a while.. Well about a few weeks and I have finally decided to join. I jsut finished my last Pre surgery appt w/ the crazy shrink! I am just waiting for all the other Dr.'s to send in what is necessary so I can get insurance clearance. I've decided to go w/ the sleeve because I feel like that is best for me. I am so excited!

I decided after I was at a carnival this summer w/ my son who is 4 years old. He wanted Mommy to go in a 'funny house' with him.. You know the one that is two levels and funny mirrors?? Also the big punching bag things that hang down I know that I would get stuck in. Well it broke my heart because he really wanted to go but I told him that it was closed and not open yet. I felt so bad and I said to myself, I can't do anything about it right now- BUT you can bet your bottom dollar that we are going in that thing next summer!

What we wouldn't do for our children...... Yep, next year your be the first to want to go in there! Glad you will be joining us....:)

Aaaaawwww, at least your doing something about that's gonna benefit you and your soon. That's what good parents are supposed to do. BRAVO! You to are going to have a wonderful together in the funny house next summer. As for me, it must have been being in the changing room when shopping boy oh boy will they tell you the truth about yourself. lol

The moment that I decided was when I was spending a week at the beach with my kids this summer and saw myself head-on in a mirror sitting on a chair in a cover-up. I was shocked to see I resembled Jabba the Hut - just kind of all spread out on the bottom with belly and rolls galore. I wondered how on earth did I let myself get like this. That was the "click" for me. One month later, after researching like a madman, I went to a seminar at my surgeon's office. The rest is history! There IS light at the end of the tunnel!!

I have done the same thing with my kids...avoid rides and things at amusement parks. We even left a park earily because I couldn't keep up with the walk due to the knees and feet and the heat! I felt bad because we took 2 hours to get there paid out the nose only to stay for 1 1/2 hours. We didn't even get 1/3 of the way though the park last year. That was it! That was the last straw. I had my sleeve in Feb 2012. We went back to that amusement park in May 2012 and rode every non-water ride we could. It was a great feeling. Kids had a blast and so did I! I felt like a kid again. We stayed for 5 hours! That was the same day my husband said he couldn't wait to follow in my footsteps. (He had to skip a lot of the ridies because of his size). He was justed sleeved on Monday. I can't wait until next summer!!!! We are going back but this time, we are going on the non-water rides and Water rides.

I have done the same thing with my kids...avoid rides and things at amusement parks. We even left a park earily because I couldn't keep up with the walk due to the knees and feet and the heat! I felt bad because we took 2 hours to get there paid out the nose only to stay for 1 1/2 hours. We didn't even get 1/3 of the way though the park last year. That was it! That was the last straw. I had my sleeve in Feb 2012. We went back to that amusement park in May 2012 and rode every non-water ride we could. It was a great feeling. Kids had a blast and so did I! I felt like a kid again. We stayed for 5 hours! That was the same day my husband said he couldn't wait to follow in my footsteps. (He had to skip a lot of the ridies because of his size). He was justed sleeved on Monday. I can't wait until next summer!!!! We are going back but this time' date=' we are going on the non-water rides and Water rides.[/quote']

I cant wait.. We both deserve to have a great time and cant wait until I can say, " Do u want to go on that ride with me?" ;) im glad that u enjoyed the rides with ur fam!!

The moment that I decided was when I was spending a week at the beach with my kids this summer and saw myself head-on in a mirror sitting on a chair in a cover-up. I was shocked to see I resembled Jabba the Hut - just kind of all spread out on the bottom with belly and rolls galore. I wondered how on earth did I let myself get like this. That was the "click" for me. One month later' date=' after researching like a madman, I went to a seminar at my surgeon's office. The rest is history! There IS light at the end of the tunnel!![/quote']

I know what u mean.. Its the click and then... Major focus! Good for u!!

Aaaaawwww' date=' at least your doing something about that's gonna benefit you and your soon. That's what good parents are supposed to do. BRAVO! You to are going to have a wonderful together in the funny house next summer. As for me, it must have been being in the changing room when shopping boy oh boy will they tell you the truth about yourself. lol[/quote']

Yes, ppl r very honest!! Thank u!