Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

November Bandsters!

My doc doesn't do the xray, barium thing but he does make you drink Water before you leave. I am going today for my 3rd fill. I think I just need a little. Im afraid of being too restricted!

Sister, it is the worst.I thought -I'm gonna die, just kill over and die. Your doc doesn't do and xray to a least find the port? Or can you see yours? I can feell mine and my band know that I've lost weight. It feels weird. And only you know if you need a fill, we are like the stars in the sky -all of us are different. I am filled total 2.25 in a 4cc band and that was my second fill. Some folks can only do .5,.3,.7 at a time. We are all different.

It's weird, isn't it? After my first and second fills, the barium looked great going down, but I never felt restricted..... My third fill looked exactly the same, but it worked!

I never get an xray to find the port...just after with the barium....

Sister, it is the worst.I thought -I'm gonna die, just kill over and die. Your doc doesn't do and xray to a least find the port? Or can you see yours? I can feell mine and my band know that I've lost weight. It feels weird. And only you know if you need a fill, we are like the stars in the sky -all of us are different. I am filled total 2.25 in a 4cc band and that was my second fill. Some folks can only do .5,.3,.7 at a time. We are all different.

I can feel my port. It actually bothers me if I lean up against the counter or something. I just lie on my back, he numbs the area, feels around and then injects the sailine.

So I had my third fill and it was a bit enlightening. He says that his average patient needs 6-7 fill adjustments their first year to get it right. I was like, thank god. Here I thought I was not doing well or something and i am only on my 3rd! So, I lost another 3lbs and am still averaging 1 lb a week. He says that is great and a nice clip. I wish it were a bit faster. Hopefully with this or future fills I will get to moving a bit faster.

Congrats on the 3 pounds. Way to go. Faster is not always better. I heard the slower you go the less likely you are to have lots of hanging skin.

I don't get the numbing shots. The first time I had a fill she told me that the shots hurt worse than the fill, so I didn't get them, and it's been fine. I dont' get the little numbing rub either. I was surprised how no-big-deal it was.....

I think this fill thing is as much an art as it is a science. Third fill did it for me, but who's to say what I'll need tomorrow...especially if I lose more fat around my actual stomach and that loosens the band!

I swear I can't get the weight off and it has been up and down the same three pounds for about 5 weeks now. I guess I need a fill. I don't know what else to do. I stick to the 1200 calories a day and exercise. I even when to go see a nutrionist and she said what I am eating is fine. My body is as stuburn as my head I guess. I wish I could give my metabilsm a kick in the butt......seriously. I am trying. I am at least 25 pounds less thank I was before Christmas so I am just trying to be positive. I am going to get a fill in April but have to drive far.

I wanted to ask you guys if you feel a prick every once in awhile now that your loosing weight in your stomach area. I think it might be wear they stitched my band so it wouldn't slip. It feels like a prick feeling when I touch certain areas of my stomach or sit a certain way. Does anyone else have this sensation?

Congrats on the 3 pounds. Way to go. Faster is not always better. I heard the slower you go the less likely you are to have lots of hanging skin.

Well, I still have that problem. That flab that hangs under the arm UGHHH! I just hate it. My doc said that it won't tone back up after it is hanging like that. But, my great reward at the end of all this will be a date with a great cosmetic surgeon. Im telling you, I went from a busting DD bra to a C is too big. I am going to need implants at the end of this! OH, by the way I wasn't a DD 30 lbs ago, I was when I was at my highest,80+ lbs ago!

Well Tom is going to love this part of the conversation........I totally know what you are talking about Marni. I am noticing a difference with just 25 pounds and doing my Core Video that has a lot of arm training which I guess is working the girls to loose weight. That is the only part of my body I don't want to go away. The more it goes away the more the girls are going toward the floor............Not nice!!!! So after my loan is paid off for the band I am going to the cosmentic surgeon to pull the girls back in place and take the extra skin off my tummy. Nip and tuck here I come.

I can't wait until my 40th birthday because I am going to look like I was at 25 again..........I am pushing towards that anyway!!!!!!!!!!! Work it girl!!!!

I don't get the numbing shots. The first time I had a fill she told me that the shots hurt worse than the fill, so I didn't get them, and it's been fine. I dont' get the little numbing rub either. I was surprised how no-big-deal it was.....

I think this fill thing is as much an art as it is a science. Third fill did it for me, but who's to say what I'll need tomorrow...especially if I lose more fat around my actual stomach and that loosens the band!

Ya know, when I went for my IV I thought it totally rediculus to get a shot for a shot so I didn't. However these little numbing shots I do not feel at all. I hate the sensation of him pushing down on the port tho!

I wanted to ask you guys if you feel a prick every once in awhile now that your loosing weight in your stomach area. I think it might be wear they stitched my band so it wouldn't slip. It feels like a prick feeling when I touch certain areas of my stomach or sit a certain way. Does anyone else have this sensation?

I haven't felt any pricks per se. Sorry.

Well Tom is going to love this part of the conversation........I totally know what you are talking about Marni. I am noticing a difference with just 25 pounds and doing my Core Video that has a lot of arm training which I guess is working the girls to loose weight. That is the only part of my body I don't want to go away. The more it goes away the more the girls are going toward the floor............Not nice!!!! So after my loan is paid off for the band I am going to the cosmentic surgeon to pull the girls back in place and take the extra skin off my tummy. Nip and tuck here I come.

I can't wait until my 40th birthday because I am going to look like I was at 25 again..........I am pushing towards that anyway!!!!!!!!!!! Work it girl!!!!

AMEN SISTER! I didn't have the chance to look it at 25 so I am going to now! I joked to the doctor when we were discussing my ideal weight and I said, oh no.....I am getting down to 125 and buff in a Bikini! THEN, I'll let myself go and settle in around 135-140! He laughed. This journey is until the END!

I swear I can't get the weight off and it has been up and down the same three pounds for about 5 weeks now. I guess I need a fill. I don't know what else to do. I stick to the 1200 calories a day and exercise. I even when to go see a nutrionist and she said what I am eating is fine. My body is as stuburn as my head I guess. I wish I could give my metabilsm a kick in the butt......seriously. I am trying. I am at least 25 pounds less thank I was before Christmas so I am just trying to be positive. I am going to get a fill in April but have to drive far.

Hang in there. I battled the same way then just poof, there went 3 lbs!

weight.png

Banded 11/29

Hey, I am under a 40 BMI, Yippee!!!

Wow, I hope that is not true about the skin under your arms never tightening up! I will be crushed! I have been working my butt off trying to tone that area up, and I was really hoping to be able to wear some sleeveless shirts this summer! I had never really thought about having plastic surgery, but maybe.....The one good thing with me is that my boobs were never that big to begin with, and I don't think I have lost anything there! Funny how that was the only part of me that wasn't big(darnit!)