Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

November Bandsters!

Thank you Angela.... you are so sweet! I am so glad you are feeling a bit stronger.....It won't be long now before you are back to health---I just know it! How wonderful about the clothes.... I am so jealous!! You fit into a size without an "X" !!! :clap2: What does that feel like?? I am so happy for you!!! Keep in touch and let us know how you are progressing, please!!

Karen

Karen...as you have read from my posts and e-mails my life has been veery difficult lately...but there is a rainbow somewhere out thee! My cramps are less and less and I was able to walk for several hours today....taking brkaes of course!!!! i did indulge in a Whole Foods Tres Leches cake which is very mushy, but probably has 1000 calorieds!!! but I did walk!! I also went to the store and tried on some smaller sizes.... I ususally wear 2x-3x and I fit in a XL and A 1X!!!! I tad snug, but not much at all! I came home and tried on some smaller clothes and they fit!!!!!!!!!!!!:faint:

Hope you are well...miss you when you are not on...you are such a joy to have around! :clap2: :clap2:

Hi,

I'm a November bandster too - pleased to meet you all.

I was banded on the 28th Nov in Scotland. My first fill is in 3 months :help: and i'm on mushies till then. I'm finding it hard but I haven't been hungry since the op so I mustn't grumble. I'm excited about the coming year as I can see the scales moving in the right direction - it's not been much - but every little helps. I just hope I don't get disheartened when the scales stop moving even though I'm eating 800 cals per day!

Looking forward to my first fill and eating real food again.

Also looking forward to chatting with you all.

Each day is one day closer to a new you.

Take care all,

Love

Yvonne

x

Hi,

I'm a November bandster too - pleased to meet you all.

I was banded on the 28th Nov in Scotland. My first fill is in 3 months :help: and i'm on mushies till then. I'm finding it hard but I haven't been hungry since the op so I mustn't grumble. I'm excited about the coming year as I can see the scales moving in the right direction - it's not been much - but every little helps. I just hope I don't get disheartened when the scales stop moving even though I'm eating 800 cals per day!

Looking forward to my first fill and eating real food again.

Also looking forward to chatting with you all.

Each day is one day closer to a new you.

Take care all,

Love

Yvonne

x

:welcome: Yvonne!!! WOW.... you are on mushies for 3 months??? Good luck with that!! Be sure to check out tips on mushy foods you can eat on some of the other threads as well, just to keep your spirits up!! Congratulations on your weight loss and keep posting and sharing your progress with us!!

Karen

Well, I've said it before and I'll say it again. This mushy thing is totally different for me with Muscle Milk Light. I eat my 3 tiny melas and have 2 shakes a day in between,. Muscle Milk is the only Protein Shake I've found that is truly FILLING! I have no stock in the company, honest. It's jsut made everything so much easier for me.....and I get to have chocolate twice every day! But I still can only find the Light type on eBay....

I agree 100% muscle milk does the job. I've started to add fresh banana as well.

Michael

banded 11/29 Dr. Huacuz

289/278/165

Well...I had my first PB and it was just as awful as everyone has described it to be... :think However, I am glad that I had that knowledge so I was prepared for what it would be like and it was totally all my fault...

It all happened after I came home from work yesterday and I was just starving. My plan was to have a snack of hummus and pita chips, and I am always so careful, but I think that my hunger got the best of me and I must have been eating too fast, and too big of bites.

I felt the food get stuck in my lower esophogus, it felt like my esophogus was "filled" and I knew that the food was going to come up, but it was stuck and that is what was so terrible. My eyes starting tearing, I felt like I could hardly breath (even though I really could out of my nose) and I panicked. I was all alone and I calmed myself down. In just a few minutes the food came up and all was well. So...chew chew chew, slowly slowly slowly....

Well...I had my first PB and it was just as awful as everyone has described it to be... :think However, I am glad that I had that knowledge so I was prepared for what it would be like and it was totally all my fault...

It all happened after I came home from work yesterday and I was just starving. My plan was to have a snack of hummus and pita chips, and I am always so careful, but I think that my hunger got the best of me and I must have been eating too fast, and too big of bites.

I felt the food get stuck in my lower esophogus, it felt like my esophogus was "filled" and I knew that the food was going to come up, but it was stuck and that is what was so terrible. My eyes starting tearing, I felt like I could hardly breath (even though I really could out of my nose) and I panicked. I was all alone and I calmed myself down. In just a few minutes the food came up and all was well. So...chew chew chew, slowly slowly slowly....

So sorry! I know what it is like...I just was lucky enough to not have it come up....I somehow burped and it made it move, but I thought I couldn't breathe...and it hurts!!!:D:)

Ohhh..vegge that sounds yucky! Althought I follow what you are saying about the experience, I have one silly question...what does "PB" stand for?

I am finding this third week is a bit harder- the scale isn't moving. (I AM very thankful it isn't going up too). Someone mentioned to me that maybe my body thinks it is in "starvation" mode and it it protecting itself from dropping the lbs.. Hmm? Theres a thought. She even suggested maybe I eat just a little bit more to see what happens. What do you all think? I am not eating much at all, so I may try and see what happens. Stay tuned...

Have a great day everyone.

Jill

PB stands for productive burp---I am not really sure where the burp comes from, b/c it really is more than that...It was all my fault and completely avoidable I just ate way too fast...:cry

Ohhh..vegge that sounds yucky! Althought I follow what you are saying about the experience, I have one silly question...what does "PB" stand for?

I am finding this third week is a bit harder- the scale isn't moving. (I AM very thankful it isn't going up too). Someone mentioned to me that maybe my body thinks it is in "starvation" mode and it it protecting itself from dropping the lbs.. Hmm? Theres a thought. She even suggested maybe I eat just a little bit more to see what happens. What do you all think? I am not eating much at all, so I may try and see what happens. Stay tuned...

Have a great day everyone.

Jill

some days eat aboutb800m then go up to 1000 then to 1200 then down to 1000 then to 800 again or yes your body will think it is starvingg!

I was banded on Thurday November 30th.

Medical City Hospital in Dallas, Texas

DR. Jayaseelan.

Returned to work today Tuesday Dec 5th. Could have come back Monday but felt I needed an extra day to recoup.

Was abt 320pds but lost some on the liquid diet.< /p>

Not sure I have an exact weight to reach, I want to loose enough to maybe get off or reduce the diabetic drugs and blood pressue drugs.

A guess would be about 100 lbs.

So far everything looks like it went well. I was glad to be able to add creamed Soups and Tomato juice after the surgery. The chicken and beef broth was getting old. Each doctor is alittle different on things. I only did the liquid diet for a week before surgery, I hear some do 2 weeks. Now I do 2 weeks more of liquids then can add a few soft foods.

I am a little nervious about complications and a little freaked about having something un-natural inside of me. Is that normal?

I was feeling the same way. My BFF is my biggest support threw this whole thing but every time I talk to her the first thing out of her mouth is "So how much have you lost now"? I was banded the day after Thanksgiving and I lost 10 pounds with in a week now still 10. Not to many people know what I did so I can't wait until people start saying wow you have lost so much weight. So just try to look positive to what the future has. It is a tool for life and it will take a lot of hard work and patients. Patients is usually something I have to really work hard on. Good luck to you and just keep it at one day at a time to help the sanity of it all.

Thanks Vegge for the explanation!

Angela, that info albout the calories helped to, thanks!

Tom in Texas(texas75218)- I went through the same fear, but it didn't last long. I was still in the hospital, wiating to be relased after surgery and I kept thinking to myself, "My goodness, what did I just do?"...but that only lasted about 10 minutes (phew) and now I am excited to start a new chapter of my life! Here goes...

Jill

Hello everyone, I was banded on 11/2/06 and since then i am down 48.5 pounds. Most of the success is due to fear of pain and going off of liquids and mushies. I hope to keep this eating plan for the next 2 months and be ready for the spring. My best wishes to you all for the holiday seasons. CJay