Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

November Bandsters!

Oh my. FullofGrace, my heart goes out to you. I am so sorry for your loss. I can't even begin to imagine what you are going through.

FullofGrace - You are definitely in my prayers. It's never easy to lose a loved one. If you need to talk, remember we are all here for you.

SORRY I HAE NOT EEN AROUND...I ahve beenin th E.R and having lots of trouble...not with the band,,,,, I hope I am not racting to it...just with long lost MS symoptoms I got rid of years ago and now due too surgery they are back!!!!

Grace.... I do pray and will be keeping you close to my heart in prayer. I am so sorry about your father. You have had a tough year and alot of loss... I am so sad for you and am glad you are not having a fill right now. Please be gentle on yourself and hang in there. We are all here for you....

God bless you and bring you comfort and peace,

Karen

Angela, I am so sorry to hear you have been in the E.R.!! I was getting worried about you and was going to check into your whereabouts today.... thank you for letting us know what is going on. Is there anything I can do for you? Please keep in touch as best you can.... You are and will continue to be in my prayers!

Karen

Since you all are new with the band I have a question? I was banded last Fri 11/24 and every time I try to get Soup or anything down I get a very sharp pain in my left shoulder. Is it because when I put something in my stomach it is releasing the gas that went into my body during surgery??

I am not sure what it is? Do you have any info or has anyone else experienced this? Thanks, Vikki

Grace,

I'm so sorry for your loss...I know how it feels to lose a loved one. My prayers are with you and your family... If you need someone to talk to I'm here for you.

Diana G.

weight.png

I am miserable! My first week after banding...while I was still swollen, I loved the feel of eating tiny amounts and feeling full. Now, 3 weeks after banding, I'm back to my old bad habits.... I haven't gained weight yet but I've stopped losing and the gain can't be far behind! My first fill is in a week and I'm looking forward to it, but I sure hate facing the doctor. This is my old pattern..... just doing it mushy style this time, mostly. Sigh.

I am miserable! My first week after banding...while I was still swollen, I loved the feel of eating tiny amounts and feeling full. Now, 3 weeks after banding, I'm back to my old bad habits.... I haven't gained weight yet but I've stopped losing and the gain can't be far behind! My first fill is in a week and I'm looking forward to it, but I sure hate facing the doctor. This is my old pattern..... just doing it mushy style this time, mostly. Sigh.

I was banded on 11/20 and I haven't lost any more weight since last week... but aleast you can say I haven't gained...I see other people that were banded the same day as I and they seem to lose more weight and I wonder maybe

I'm doing something wrong.

weight.png

Angela and Grace... Warm Hugs for both of you!

It has been a week and 2 days for me. Today was the first day I didn't lose, so it sounds like this is just the way it works. Your body gets used to a certain way of eating, even if it is less than 500 calories, I guess the challenge is just to keep plugging along.

Betsy.. I was wondering what would happen if I took a bite of food... thanks for checking that out for me.. lol I am sorry you are miserable, is it the food you are eating that is making you miserable? Feel like sharing what you eat in a day that makes you feel so bad?

Is anyone writing down everything they eat? I know we all have diffrent guideline, pertaining to liquids or mushies.. but no matter what form it is in, we are just sopposed to have 3-4 ounces 3 times a day with 2 (3-4oz) protien shakes in between. This is the reccomendation given by Lap Band and my Dr. Is everyone on the 3-4 oz restriction?

All my best bandsters!

Misty

Since you all are new with the band I have a question? I was banded last Fri 11/24 and every time I try to get Soup or anything down I get a very sharp pain in my left shoulder. Is it because when I put something in my stomach it is releasing the gas that went into my body during surgery??

I am not sure what it is? Do you have any info or has anyone else experienced this? Thanks, Vikki

Sip very slowly and little sips....take your time....eat a Gas x after./

I was told to drink until I fely full. LAso for mushies eat seeral times a day until I felt full...I avg. about 800 clas a dy whix is alot less than 3000 qand I still do not lose weight. MAYBE IT;SAQLSWOBECAUSE I have been sick and unabl eto move muc at all!

BetsyJane,

According to your signature, you are down 15 pounds---your doctor will be impressed!! Don't worry.... you are supposed to slow down at this point. I am also 3 weeks out from surgery... I've lost 18 since surgery, most of it in the first 2 weeks. I am also battling my old eating habits, but if you read the other posts, we really CAN'T eat like we used to and feel OK, and with your fill, you will be really back on track. So hang on and don't feel bad. You are so much better off now than 4 weeks ago!! You are starting the journey, and you will only get better as you go!

Karen

OK. Guess I'm doing OK. It's not so much what I'm eating as that I'm also battling my old eating habits. I'm cheating alot...just lately. It's like I never had a band..... I think I'm just reacting to the old habits being there....The reality is if I hadn't been banded I'd be gaining, and not just struggling to maintain a 15 pound loss. And I'd be eating alot more crappy things than I am. What really cratered me is that I......I....oh, it's hard to say....I bought a piece of Tres Leche cake in the grocery store. Hey, it's mushy....but probably 4 days worth of calories. I've been kicking myself ever since. Then I didn't feel like doing my treadmill workout, and so goes the downward spiral. Tomorrow is another day.

FullofGrace- I am sorry and completely understand what you are going thru. Been there myself...

Vikki- I had the sharp shoulder pain for about the first week too-then it went away :-)