Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi I start the milk diet Wednesday can not wait to start the journey of a new me! Surgery date is 31st October xx

what's a milk diet?

You will be sleeved on Halloween! Wow! But if I recall you did not Celebrate that much the last time I was in UK in the fall...

But anyway! Woo-hooo!

The milk diet is a liver shrinkage diet Iv got to do it for 2 weeks prior to surgery

Thanks for sharing about the milk diet..... Hope it tastes good and decreases your hunger.. :)

Good luck Carly! Just visited the UK!, had a wonderful time. Wish you the best and look forward to your updates.

Hey good luck! I'm from uk too! Where are you having ur surgery? Milk diet not too hard!! I was sleeved on July 26th and so far so good- over 3 1/2 stone and dropped from size 20 now just fitting into 14s. Bet decision I ever made! Hope you enjoy the journey!

Xxxx

Hey good luck! I'm from uk too! Where are you having ur surgery? Milk diet not too hard!! I was sleeved on July 26th and so far so good- over 3 1/2 stone and dropped from size 20 now just fitting into 14s. Bet decision I ever made! Hope you enjoy the journey!

Xxxx

Thank you for ur reply nickyd I'm being sleeved at spire harpenden in Hertfordshire where ru from? Xx

Surrey! Hope all goes well for you! Keep us posted and if you want to ask any questions feel free!

Xxx

Surrey! Hope all goes well for you! Keep us posted and if you want to ask any questions feel free!

Xxx

Omg there are loads of questions lol any regrets? Was u in a lot of pain? Were there any complications as there seems to be quite a few people from the US having experienced leaks how long was u in hospital for? Wow sorry about all the questions lol xx

Hee hee. That's ok!

I was in hospital for 2 nights! Worst pain in early days was sever pain in chest and shoulder! This was hard at first and came few times in the first 2 weeks but is normal-like gas pain! Nothing else was sore really!

All went well for me-first 2 weeks a bit of a range of emotions-felt regretful around day 4 as even small sips felt very odd going down! drinks at room temperature were easier as cold drinks you could 'feel' going into new stomach! Then suddenly drinking was easy and could take a few gulps at a time! After this things were much better!! My surgeon was really relaxed and confident which helped so I moved through the liquids to purees to soft foods quite well! Sweet things made me feel bit funny-like racing heart after a horlicks! And tried scramble egg too early so felt really sick but had it a few days after and was fine! Did about 12 days in each phase!

Now I eat anything really and feel totally normal! So I have no regrets at all! I think the US have a lot more rules and guidelines than we do here! There is nothing I can't have-I drink diet coke in small amounts and have had evenings out with wine etc! I did this to finally escape dieting and feel I have achieved exactly that! It's great!

I make better choices about what I eat as I feel since I can't eat that much I want what I do it to be good quality and good for me etc! I don't count Protein or calories or anything-generally choose other things instead of some carbs but just eat a healthy balance and I still have bad days when I have some chocolate but-that's life and we only live once!

PM me if you want any more details! You're welcome to keep in touch! I had someone who had been through it to text when I was in hospital and for first few weeks so was good to keep asking if things were normal etc!!

Stock up on fybogel! Had to drink it in 2 doses but was really needed!! Bowels were a pain!!

Hope that helps! What's your age and

BMI etc (if you don't mind me asking!?)

Xx

Hee hee. That's ok!

I was in hospital for 2 nights! Worst pain in early days was sever pain in chest and shoulder! This was hard at first and came few times in the first 2 weeks but is normal-like gas pain! Nothing else was sore really!

All went well for me-first 2 weeks a bit of a range of emotions-felt regretful around day 4 as even small sips felt very odd going down! drinks at room temperature were easier as cold drinks you could 'feel' going into new stomach! Then suddenly drinking was easy and could take a few gulps at a time! After this things were much better!! My surgeon was really relaxed and confident which helped so I moved through the liquids to purees to soft foods quite well! Sweet things made me feel bit funny-like racing heart after a horlicks! And tried scramble egg too early so felt really sick but had it a few days after and was fine! Did about 12 days in each phase!

Now I eat anything really and feel totally normal! So I have no regrets at all! I think the US have a lot more rules and guidelines than we do here! There is nothing I can't have-I drink diet coke in small amounts and have had evenings out with wine etc! I did this to finally escape dieting and feel I have achieved exactly that! It's great!

I make better choices about what I eat as I feel since I can't eat that much I want what I do it to be good quality and good for me etc! I don't count Protein or calories or anything-generally choose other things instead of some carbs but just eat a healthy balance and I still have bad days when I have some chocolate but-that's life and we only live once!

PM me if you want any more details! You're welcome to keep in touch! I had someone who had been through it to text when I was in hospital and for first few weeks so was good to keep asking if things were normal etc!!

Stock up on fybogel! Had to drink it in 2 doses but was really needed!! Bowels were a pain!!

Hope that helps! What's your age and

BMI etc (if you don't mind me asking!?)

Xx

I can't seem to pm you it won't let me would it be ok to give you my email address? I'm just over 19st 5"6 and I'm 31 I'm just worried I'm going to panic n worry about no being able to swallow properly weird I know lol xx