Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I just signed up with WeightWise this week. I meet with Dr. B, and think he's great. We are looking at a 90 day program before I can submit for insurance, so I'm hoping I'll have my surgery around spring break. I'm so happy to be with WeightWise. I started with another Dr. in June, and he had me on the 6 mo program, but come to find out he really had no program at all! When it came time for me to meet with him in October (with the plan to than set appts with the nut and psy) he canceled, and I found out he had quit the practice and I was on my own. I'm now having to start over, but thankfully it's only 3 more months not 6. I think I'll be much better prepared this way. I love that WeightWise seems to have such a comprehensive program.

Kristal

I am from Oklahoma City and I went to Mexico to have my surgery which was 8/31/12. I went to Dr Alvarez. www.endobariatric.com The cost was $8700 and included 2 night hotel stay and 2 nigh 3 day in hospital. He is an awesome Dr. I have lost 64 lbs since surgery. Have had absolutely no complications. I went there because my insurance would not cover the surgery so I was self pay.

I'm in OK as well. Scheduled for surgery tomorrow with Dr. Broussard. So excited but nerves are kicking in this morning.

I'm in OK as well. Scheduled for surgery tomorrow with Dr. Broussard. So excited but nerves are kicking in this morning.

How did it go? How long did you have to stay at Summit?

How did it go? How long did you have to stay at Summit?

I was discharged around 8 the next morning.

How are you doing webblarsk?

I had told a couple people that I was going to have surgery and of course they were negative about it. It only took that and I kept my mouth shut after that. Then after surgery once everybody was wondering what I was doing or how I was losing the weight I told them. I just didn't want to hear all the BS before the surgery. Surgery was the best thing I have ever did.

How are you doing webblarsk?

I'm doing really good. Down 9lbs since surgery. Went back to work yesterday. A little bit of pain left at biggest incision but not too bad. Counting down till I can have some food :)

I will be using Dr. Hamilton Lee at Integris Hospital in OKC. They have a great program and I really like him. I should be having surgery in the next few weeks if all goes well.

I'm from Oklahoma, but I have state insurance (Health Choice) and they wouldn't cover my surgery, so I went to Mexico in March and had my surgery with Dr. Garcia for $5,200. I'm three months out, and so far, everything's great.

Dr. Broussard did my sleeve 6/11/13 I'm 25 lbs down and Dr. B and the staff are great. Gives you personal calls and everything. I was self pay but it was so worth it. I drove from Tulsa to see him.

I'm from Oklahoma' date=' but I have state insurance (Health Choice) and they wouldn't cover my surgery, so I went to Mexico in March and had my surgery with Dr. Garcia for 5,200. I'm three months out, and so far, everything's great.[/quote']

Do you know if health choice will cover complications or follow up visits? I'm a state employee too and that's my insurance. I was sleeved July 1st in Mexico.

Jamie

Oops

Mooregirl, I'm not sure. I hope they would.