Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Physical With Pcp & And Unexpected Nsv

Today was my annual physical with my PCP. My sleeve was 9-20-12. Since then, I've lost 33 lbs. I went to the appointment, for once, with nothing weighing heavily on my mind like: "I am going to have to get on that stupid scale again." or "What's the point in blood work? It's all going to be crap anyway." then there's "We're going to have to consider putting you on some diabetic medication this time....". I sat there next to hubs and was playing a game of words with friends, chatting with him and rather relaxed. He, on the other hand, was anticipating the prostate exam! Muahahahahahha!

When the doc walked in, I was on the exam table. I turned to greet him and he stopped and said, "Joisey, you look GREAT!" He and I talked previously of my having the sleeve done. He gave me his full support and wrote a letter to my surgeon to give his consent for me to have the surgery. I guess he forgot about it.

He looked at my chart and looked at me and couldn't believe how much weight I've lost. I'm not sure who was prouder of me. Him or me? It was really great to get that support today. We talked about all of my co-morbidities. He's not concerned at all about my cholesterol. It'll continue to resolve itself with losing more weight. We did blood work to check all the levels. We'll find out next week how things look when the results come in. Diabetic medication wasn't even brought up. My blood pressure was 113/70. I have to stay on the Nexium because of the sleeve. I can go off my blood pressure medication immediately.

I guess today's visit was an unexpected fabulous NSV. Have a GREAT weekend, all!

That is wonderful :)

Very happy for you!!!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• BeanitoDiego

Still purging all of the larger clothing. This morning, a shirt that I ADORED wearing ended up on top. Hard to let it go, but it was also hard to let go of those habits that also no longer serve my highest good. Onward and upward!
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Onedayatatime365

Looking to connect with others who are also on the journey of better health. Post-Op Gastric Sleeve (4/11/24).
      · 0 replies
    • jparadigm

Happy Wednesday!

I hope everyone is having a lovely week so far! 
      It's been a bit of a struggle this last week...I'm hungry ALL the time.
      · 1 reply
      1. BlondePatriotInCDA

Have a great Wednesday too! Sorry you're hungry all the time, I'm pretty much the same..and I'm sick of eating the same food all the time.

• ChunkCat

Well, tomorrow I go in for an impromptu hiatal hernia repair after ending up in the ER over the weekend because I couldn't get food down and water was moving at a trickle... I've been having these symptoms on and off for a few weeks but Sunday was the worst by far and came with chest pain and trouble breathing. The ER PA thinks it is just esophagitis and that the surgeon and radiologist are wrong. But the bariatric surgeon swears it is a hernia, possibly a sliding one based on my symptoms. So he fit me into his schedule this week to repair it! I hope he's right and this sorts it out. He's going to do a scope afterwards to be sure there is nothing wrong with the esophagus. Here's hoping it all goes well!!
      · 3 replies
      1. AmberFL

omgsh!! Hope all goes well!! Keeping you in my thoughts!

2. gracesmommy2

Hope you’re doing well!

3. NickelChip

I hope it goes well! Sending positive thoughts for a speedy recovery!

• jparadigm

Hello lovlies!
      Today is a beautiful day in west Michigan! I hope you all have a beautiful Tuesday and rest of your week!! 🤗
      · 0 replies
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches