Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Official Stall Thread- When Did You Hit Your First Stall And How Long Did It Last?

So, I have seen many discussions about some stalls, but no where that all can share their stories.. Can you quickly share for me when you first had your stall (how many weeks or months post op) and how many week(s) did it last?

Im in my first stall now and today I am exactly 4 weeks out.. It started this week and hasn't stopped yet. I think it is partly because I am on solid foods now so even though I am still not even reaching my 800 calories a day my body is getting use to solids again after being on liquids for a month... I hear a lot of people have one around week 3 and it usually lasts for a week. I'm hoping that is the case and mine will be over soon.. I've already lost 35 pounds since surgery so I guess a stall isn't going to hurt me..

Couple weeks post-op, after reading soooo many threads from people getting upset about their rate of loss, I decided to weigh once a month.

Never saw a stall. Pretty much every time I weighed, it was less than the last time I weighed.

So, I never stalled.

Couple weeks post-op' date=' after reading soooo many threads from people getting upset about their rate of loss, I decided to weigh once a month.

Never saw a stall. Pretty much every time I weighed, it was less than the last time I weighed.

So, I never stalled.[/quote']

Pdx, you've got such restraint to do that. I'm in awe.

My surgeon has asked me to track weekly, and it is hard not to get on in between that, but I certainly see less issues with weekly weights.

As for stalls, I'm only 6 weeks post and did have a week or so with movement but it was a time of the month issue rather than a stall.

After dropping 9 lb from my sleeve on 9/26/12 I have hit a stall yeah I'm kind of pisted about it. Pist coz I was self pay 25k I did not go outside the us to have it done. Walking 5 mils a day eating 400/600 cals a day. I am only down 9 lb I lost 9 on the perop diet. So that's a huge 18 lbs. My measurements are down 1 inch tummy,hip,thigh . But still mad as heck about this wanted to be down more . :( so really just sad over all of this ATM. I get all Water and pro in just fine.

Ps I hate this phone lmao

I am just coming out of a week stall that happened just over 3 weeks and I actually gained 3 pounds. Could be related to TOM not sure but this morning dropped 2.2 pounds. Whew, very happy about that but stalls can be very disheartening especially when you are doing everything right.

Surg 17/9

Lost 16pounds in d first week on stall since dn... I try not to bother myself abt it ...but still say a lil prayer everytime i get on the scale :)

Sent from my GT-I9100 using VST

In case anyone thinks stalls only happen to us, my hubby is losing weight "the old-fashioned way" and has hit his first stall. After two months and 37 lbs he's been stalled for two weeks. I'm encouraging him to add more protien and strength training, just like we would ;)

I hit my fist stall at 3 weeks out (coincidentally when I started mushy foods). It lasted two weeks. The interesting this waas that I had lost about 20 pounds but my body didn't show much of a change. During the stall, I went down an entire clothing size even though I didn't lose any weight.

I'm thrilled to say that I can join those who officially can say the stalls are normal and will resolve. lol. After a painful mentally week and a half, the scale just dipped 4 pounds in 2 days. So fun when it does that.. I was not worried, as you all on this site make the journey very insightful.. However, that said, it is indeed MUCH more fun to see the scale move! Today is my 4 week post up visit and down 29 pounds , starting with a low bmi of 35 (well, low for us fatty McButterpants lol, not for the general populous. lol)

My stall is now going on 2 weeks and I seem to have gained a pound.. I don't know how that is even possible being the amount I eat. I hope it doesn't last too much longer! I know it is normal, but it can be frustrating when you are doing everything right. I just have to hang in there and will be relieved when the number starts going down again :)

I've been trying not to get frustrated with stalls and being a slow loser. I'm 5 months out and down 60 pounds. So I'm about half way to my goal. Some weeks I don't lose at all, but my clothes are getting too big, so I know changes are happening. I lost about 30 pounds in the first two months, and then much more slowly. I just need to accept this journey will not be fast, and that's ok. I will get there!

Couple weeks post-op, after reading soooo many threads from people getting upset about their rate of loss, I decided to weigh once a month.

So, I never stalled.

I have not weighed myself and i don't plan on it until I go back to doc in 3wks. I need sanity.

I am 1 month post and hit a stall that lasted about 1 week. I was weighing every day! I had to put the scale in another room where I dont see it! I am only going to weigh 2 x per week now.... I think this stall is my body adjusting from liquids to "mushy" food. I definitely feel better--have lost 29.4 lbs!! I wish I could say 30!

I workout on the Wii Fit and it is hard because it wants you to weigh in every day. Hubby and I weigh in together on Sunday mornings, keeps me honest.