Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

August Sleevers Where Are You? Check In Please!

Date sleeved: 08/06/12

Start weight: 322 Surgery Weight of 310.

Weight today: 271

What you eating and how much daily: Breakfast usually consists of eggs or a Protein shake. lunch and dinner are high Protein meats. More fish or salmon, chicken and some beef. I do not eat veggies at the moment as they do not sit well on my new tummy at all. Portions range from 2-3 sometimes 4 oz. Really depends on the consistency and denseness of the foods.

Daily work out: Don't get to work out daily, but we have a personal weekly goal of walking 15-20 miles a week and light weight training every other day.

How hungery are you? :I get hungry at meal times and my tummy lets me know when its time, but inbetween hunger is gone.

How you feel physically: I am much more physically fit as I am running more, I have more energy to complete my ranch tasks, I do not tire easily and can go all day working.

How you feel emotionally: I have come across a few emotional days that hit with a blink of an eye, some emotions can last a few hours, others a few moments. More irritable cranky than I am any other emotion. I seem to be snappy during those moments.

Are you glad you chose the sleeve?: I am very pleased, I keep asking myself why did I wait so long. This is not an easy way out at all as we have to continually monitor and observe our eating habits and make the healthy choices, but this is a journey well worth traveling.

Anything extra to say?: I do not regret my decision at all (except maybe for the fact that my clothes no longer fit and I have nothing to wear) nope not even then.... LOL

Date sleeved:8-27-12

Start weight: 219

Weight today:186

What you eating and how much daily:about 400-600 calories day Protein Shake, Breakfast 1 egg.Lunch: I have can tuna with lite mayo 1/4 cup, string cheese, Dinner: cottage cheese 1/4 cup, 1-2 oz grilled chicken.< /p>

Daily work out: 30min on stationary bike

How hungery are you?:sometimes I'm not sure if its head hunger because if I don't think about it I'm ok.

How you feel physically:I feel great!

How you feel emotionally:not now but I did week 1 and 2

Are you glad you chose the sleeve?: Oh yes!!

Anything extra to say?: I just wish I would lose more I have been at a stall I lose then I gain it back I have been 186 2 weeks ago but the scale goes up and down Today I was at 186 again so hopefully it will go down and not back up again.

Date sleeved: 8/31/12

Start weight: 220

Weight today: 188

What you eating and how much daily: I eat about 500 calories and 45-50 grams of Protein.

Daily work out: no way' date=' I am completely totally exhausted ALL THE TIME.

How hungry are you?: Not at all most of the time.

How you feel physically: So very very tired.

How you feel emotionally: Okay, just want rest.

Are you glad you chose the sleeve?: Yes, I could never have lost 32 pounds like this without it.

Anything extra to say?: I feel like I am searching for the magic combination of things that will perk me up. I've never been this tired, as the past week. I think once I work this out it will be easier to be happier. I am searching for more energy. I am amazed that people are exercising at this stage. I walked around the block once, I picked up the lawn once. both times I was so tired I had to sit down for awhile. [/quote']

ATLSara, I bet you're exhausted because you're not getting much Protein in. Also, are you taking B12? I found that the B12 makes a HUGE difference for me!

I hope you start feeling better soon!

Date sleeved: 8-24-12

Start weight: 348 pre op 331 DOS

Weight today: 305

What you eating and how much daily: I eat around 800 calories a day give or take depending on the day. I really try to get a Protein shake in everyday, Breakfast 1 eggs or Beans and cheese lunch and Dinner...I eat ALOT of shredded chicken, ground beef, chili from Wendy's...mostly meats and cheese. I can eat pretty much ANYTHING chips and dips, nachos, spaggetti meat with a little bit of noodles...I just can't eat ALOT of it which is okay. I have a HARD time with my water...I am very busy and tend to forget to drink...I'm working on it.

How hungery are you?: I do get hungry but it only takes a little bit of food to satisfy me.

How you feel physically: I feel fine...no different than before. I haven't started working out yet...but I am excited to start.

How you feel emotionally: I feel good emotionally. I can SEE the difference in my body. I still struggle sometimes when people are eating around me and I can't keep up...but I know it is for the good of my health. And who needs to eat that much anyway....

Are you glad you chose the sleeve?: YES I AM...it was really hard for the first three weeks but it is getting so much easier!!! I even had some WINE!!!!!!!!!!!! That made me SUPER happy ;)

Anything extra to say?: I know I could never have done this without the sleeve. It has totally changed my thinking about food. I don't OBSESS about food anymore like I use to. I eat because I have to....

Date sleeved:

Start weight:

Weight today:

What you eating and how much daily:

Daily work out:

How hungery are you?:

How you feel physically:

How you feel emotionally:

Are you glad you chose the sleeve?:

Anything extra to say?:

Aug 13,12

Today 162

shakes, egg whites, ground beef or chicken, turkey pepperoni, laughing cow cheeses, string cheese, yogurts, Soups

600 cal sometimes more sometimes less

I walk about 3-6 miles a day

I feel great! I do miss food but I'm so much healthier today

Date sleeved: Aug 27

Start weight: 256

Weight today: 212

What I am eating:protein shake, chicken, nuts, cottage cheese, greek yogurt

Daily workout: haven't been working out but plan to start this week, volleyball starts tomorrow and curling starts friday

How hungry am I: not at all

How do I feel physically: easily tired

how do I feel emotionally: Pretty stressed, feel I should be doing better

am I glad I chose the sleeve: I am wondering if I made the right the decision, I figured I would lose faster then I am, I struggle to remember the positives, the negative always wins

anything extra to say: I found this blog tonight and I am looking to meet people going thru the same thing, provide some support, learn some coping techniques, recipes, ideas etc

Date sleeved:8/13

Start weight: 321. Day of surgery 297

Weight today:257

What you eating and how much daily: Protein shakes Greek yogurt string cheese plenty Water chicken shrimp fish. I try to stay on high proten low carb a little under 800 cal a day

Daily work out: cardio 3-4 times a week was doing weights but trainer said wait till I'm closer to goal weight so I'm not toning my body the way it is

How hungery are you?: not really hungry mostly head hunger

How you feel physically: I feel great lots more energy

How you feel emotionally: I feel ok wish I had better results that can sometime be a bummer

Are you glad you chose the sleeve?: best choice ever

Date sleeved:

Start weight:

Weight today:

Daily work out:

How hungery are you?:

How you feel physically:

Anything extra to say?:

Start weight: May 253

Date of sleeve: 8/21

Today's weight: 209

Eating low carb (20 or less). Unlimited cal/fat. Protein 60plus.

Don't work out yet. Not cleared. Have auto-immune issues. Had gallbladder out last week, 7 weeks postop.

I get hungry every 3-4 hours. I love it! All i have to do is eat something small & I'm good to go. Pre-sur I was never really hungry & would pig out at nite. This reminds me to eat!

Tired. But not because of the sleeve or lack of pro or Vit. Other health issues.

Emotionally good. I could NEVER have kept this weight off by myself. I'm a slow loser but NUT and I think we've figured out that i'm very carb sensitive.

Yes, very glad.

Start weight: 282

Surgery Weight of 271

Weight today: 241

breakfast: 1/4 avocado w/ 1/2 cup CC (fave)

lunch: soft chicken, hummus, broccoli

snack: Premier Protein shake, 1/2 banana, 2 TB PB2 (snack before gym-may have it for Breakfast if working out in am)

dinner: usually more soft chicken, turkey meatballs (3), or turkey burger (no bun), sometimes eggs and cheese

Portions: I rarely finish my meals in one sitting

Daily work out: 1 hr cardio 5x/week, just got cleared to start weights this week

How hungery are you? :I am hungry every 3 hours, but getting all my fluids in helps a lot. On days I don't drink enough, I'm even hungrier.

How you feel physically: I am in much better shape, but I still suffer from joint pain. I can't wait until I lose enough for that to go away.

How you feel emotionally: Sometimes irritable and snappy. In my defense, I work 2 jobs (65 hours a week), and I never get enough rest, so it's not just the sleeve.

Are you glad you chose the sleeve?: Absolutely! All the reservations that I had before are gone. I still worry about how well I'll do with maintenance.

Anything extra to say?: I am off one medication, and will soon be off the rest. This journey has been well worth it, and I love my sleeve!

August 7 DOS 347lbs

Today 284.4

One egg breakfast, Protein Shake between breakfast and lunch, little chicken or lean ham for lunch or dinner, sometimes I make a mini taco salad around 1/2 c, with lean meat, Beans, a crushed chip, lettuce...etc. My friends tease me about my 3 nacho dinner...LOL. I've noticed that I enjoy more spice/seasoning than I ever have before.

I average around 550 calories a day, someone more or less. I have a hard time doing cardio because I run out of energy so fast, so maybe 20 minutes 3-4x aweek, I try to do free weights and squats while I sit on my exercise ball if I watch TV.

I'm fighting head hunger all the time, I chew alot of gum, and I'm so happy I had the sleeve. Also I'm on my fitness pal...meliss000... Would love more friends and bigger support team!

Date sleeved: 8/8/12

Start weight: 414

Weight today: Maybe 360 I don't weight myself, trying no to stress.

What you eating and how much daily: 2-3 meals and lost of liquid

Daily work out: Treadmill in the morning, gym shortly after and the B-ball

How hungery are you?: No I even forget to eat sometimes

How you feel physically: Noticeably weaker than I was Pre-op but strong enough try to rebuild

How you feel emotionally: OK I'm very focus and determined.

Are you glad you chose the sleeve?: Yes

Anything extra to say?: Get into the gym or workout how ever you can. Take things slow, especially eating. I've thrown up and its not fun. Get ready for a new life if your a newbie and If your one of my AUGUST brethren YYYYYAAAAAAYYYY!!!! we took the first step and we still got more to do.

Surgery 8/16

SW 299 day of surgery 280

Today 246

Breakfast: Greek yogurt

Lunch: Family meal left overs

Dinner: Regular food, nothing special.

Snacks: low fat low sodium mozzarella cheese sticks

I don't exercise as much as I would like. I go to work at 6:30am and get home around 6pm...fix dinner, enjoy family time...not a lot of extra time.

I feel fantastic! Best decision ever!

Date sleeved:

Start weight:

Weight today:

Daily work out:

How hungery are you?:

How you feel physically:

Anything extra to say?:

Start weight: 227

Weight today: 198, at last weigh in.

What are you eating and how much: I eat most foods, I do not eat fruits yet. I still eat a lot of soft foods, my sleeve likes them better right now. I eat chicken, cheese, cottage cheese, Greek yogurt, eggs, a lot of Soups, Beans, and soft cooked veggies. I do not eat meat yet like steak, roast or pork.

Daily workout: my husband and I walk in the evening, I get up in the morning and do some light exercise with resistance bands. I have not joined a gym. I prefer to exercise as home. I am going shopping this weekend for a workout DVD.

How hungry are you: I would not say that I get truly hungry, I know when I need to eat (I try to focus on eating every 3 hours).

I get head hunger when I see commercials but I know that I do not need that type of food now.

How do you feel physically: I finally feel like I am back to normal, energy wise. I do not need to nap every day now. I can make it through a full day at work and feel good. I can walk farther than I could even two or three weeks ago.

How are you emotionally: I had a sad week a couple of weeks ago but that has passed and most days I feel great. Some days things get on my nerves very quickly, not really sure why.

Are you glad you chose the sleeve: YES....there have been tough days but I know that with my sleeve, I will lose weight, get off my medications, be healthier, and I will not be morbidly obese again. I will be able to enjoy life for the rest of my life.

This surgery experience has been harder than I imagined. Not the actual surgery, but the days and weeks that followed. I still have hard days, when my sleeve does not like to have real food in it. I have never had nausea or vomiting but I do have issues some days with foods, I still prefer soft foods. The weight has not melted off, as I had hoped it would. It is slow and there are stalls, lots of them. I still struggle to get in all my Protein and Water. I am not sorry though, not at all. I know that my sleeve will eventually get me to my goal weight and I will use it to help me maintain that weight for the rest of my life.

Aug 13' date='12

Today 162

shakes, egg whites, ground beef or chicken, turkey pepperoni, laughing cow cheeses, string cheese, yogurts, Soups

600 cal sometimes more sometimes less

I walk about 3-6 miles a day

I feel great! I do miss food but I'm so much healthier today[/quote']

August sleever 8-13-12

Today 153

Total lost 51 lbs

Lots of foods, not much rice, Pasta or bread

Up to 1,000 cal average

Lots of walking

Feeling good, tiered and cold slotore than before.