Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Funny, I am just learning this stuff. I've had such straight hair all of my life, that for years, I got perms. Between band and sleeve, I lost half my hair. When it grew back in, it grew back curly. I have no idea how to deal with curly hair. It's crazy!

I am going to take notes here.

I have crazy curly hair and it did dry out even more after surgery. The Nexxus Therappe Shampoo and conditioner have worked wonders! It also tamed the friz quite a bit.

I use LifeOrganics products!... I love them.. all natural, reasonably priced and some of my own recipes too!! (This is my BFFs company), but i swear by the products.. I used the silky custard and mane moisturizer through my "falling out" phase and I promise, I didn't lose the amount of hair that some people did.... I believe it had to do with talking care it and probably a little "blessing"...

Anyway, keep your hair and body moisturized inside and out... Check out the website... www.lifeorganicsonline.com

Whoa sorry for not replying, totally forgot I made this post, d'oh!

I'm going to have to go through and check out everyone's replies, thank you so much everyone for the suggestions, now the tough decision, what products to try!!

Also, adding fish oil supplements to your list of Vitamins.

How much would you suggest?

Hi Everyone, I am new to the forum and I haven't had my surgery yet (in a little less than a month) but this thread caught my eye.

I have had super thick curly hair my whole life and spent most of it trying to make it straight. I recently got my hair cut and my hair dresser tried out the new DevaCurl system on my hair and it's AMAZING! It is literally the only product line that has ever controlled my hair and made the curls look great and not frizzy and gross plus it's super moisturizing. You wash and condition and put in the product and go and your hair dries really nicely.

I have accepted and embraced my curly hair (part of the new me I suppose) and totally recommend the product line! And it wasn't too expensive considering the amount of time and money I used to waste on my hair.

I hope that helps!

Bad for all of us....but I'm so happy that I'm not the only one having problems with my curly hair!!!!!! Thanks for all the tips :)

I have super curly yet thin hair an have spent alot of time and money trying to find the best product and although it is kind of expensive DevaCurl is the best that you will find! Especially when you use the whole system! My hair has never looked or felt better!!!! So soft and beautiful curls!!! I get

Compliments all the time!!!

I have crazy curly/kinky hair, it is long and it is fairly fine and dry dry dry. I stopped using Shampoo years ago (except after swimming in chlorine) - "wash" with a product that is more like a conditioner.

I use an amazing leave in conditioner/detangler called "mixed chicks" that I buy at Karin's beauty supply. I top it off with a tad of that Morracan oil. This has helped my hair alot. My hair is soft, but I get nice defined curls with no frizz

I lost alot of hair in this WLS process, my hair is actually now easier to manage as i think my hair was too thick before.

I used "mixed chicks" and for the money ($22.00 plu tax) you spend plus you have to add an additional product (Morracan oil - $$) I stopped using it and went back to my own creations of Pantene's conditioner for women of color (GREAT DETANGLER) and OG Blue Magic Hair conditioner = ~ $6.00.

I agree with ShapeShifter to add in the fish oil tablets. Our eating lifestyle is dramatic and needs addtional nutritional help. I have not tried that product from Sally's - Ion Plus but will check into it. After YEARS of trying to find a way to keep my hair looking curly liken when I exit the shower. I developed a routine and my own combo. I would use a large tooth comb (shower comb from Sally's) comb my hair under the Water while showering ,blot dry once out of shower, combine Pantene's conditioner for women of color (GREAT DETANGLER) 2 dollops and 1 dollop of OG Blue Magic Hair conditioner. DO NOT COMB/BRUSH again. Spread through my wet hair and let it air dry. Needless to say I can only do this during the months of June - October (SoCal). In the colder months I used the same products but rinse out the Patene conditioner and 1 dollop of blue Magic and blow dry. I do a single braid down the middle...or let out the braid for the look in my profile pic.

Its all about testing out what works for you plus having a few good friends and professional hairstylist for help/tips.

tn_gallery_47211_3846_4734.jpg This was me in my curly "Summer Hairdo" 2005

For some reason the "My Surgeon" is listed as Dr. Catari which is not true. I had Dr. David Suh.

Try a deep condition or a hair Protein treatment hair needs protein and don't kno if anyone suggest that

The best thing I have ever done for my wavy/curly hair is to start doing the "curly girl method". Seriously my hair is the healthiest its ever been. I was spending all of this money on great hair products and now I spend less than $1 a week. If you go on youtube and look under waterlily??? (Sorry- its a series of 3 numbers that I cant remember. Ill look afternoon post thisand report) she hived the beet tutorials. Basic idea is you stop using Shampoo which almost always contains sulfates of some kind and start cleansing and conditioning with a silicone free conditioner. Best part is I use suave naturals conditioned which smells great ans costs $1.50. I was so skeptical but it is amazing. I even use it as a leave in conditioned. Occasionally I use a silicone free gel if the humidity is bad but hardly ever! Definitely give it a try. The thing to remember is commit to it and not switch back and forth.

Her yutube name is waterlily716. Shes a bit annoying but knows what shes talking about. If u find her channel just look for the how to tutorials. Should be one of her first few videos

The best thing I have ever done for my wavy/curly hair is to start doing the "curly girl method". Seriously my hair is the healthiest its ever been. I was spending all of this money on great hair products and now I spend less than 1 a week. If you go on youtube and look under waterlily??? (Sorry- its a series of 3 numbers that I cant remember. Ill look afternoon post thisand report) she hived the beet tutorials. Basic idea is you stop using Shampoo which almost always contains sulfates of some kind and start cleansing and conditioning with a silicone free conditioner. Best part is I use suave naturals conditioned which smells great ans costs 1.50. I was so skeptical but it is amazing. I even use it as a leave in conditioned. Occasionally I use a silicone free gel if the humidity is bad but hardly ever! Definitely give it a try. The thing to remember is commit to it and not switch back and forth.

This is so true I use this method as well but I do shampoo once a month w a sulfate free shampoo and deep condition once a week as well as cowash