Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Post Op Octosleevers 2012. Welcome To The Losers Bench!

Hey everyone! Just started this thread for the post op octosleevers of 2012. I had my surgery yesterday and all is well. Gas pain is terrible but I've been walking around. Full Fluid dinner tonight. Sippin on my oh, cream Soup and pudding. They saline locked my IV, catheter is out and I love walking around. Nausea and pain are so far under control. I'm giving myself 3 hours to finish this meal

Had mine Monday came home today on full liquids trying to get in all my fluids at about 25 ozs right now but slowly getting better ;)

Yolo

My surgery was Monday. You will feel better once you are home, I did. I did bring Gas X strips with me to the hospital and started them right after surgery. I can honestly say I don't have any gas pains at all today. They truly helped! Just keep sipping on Water and you will be fine!! And thanks for starting this new thread!

Well, i didnt have surgery quite yet, but as of October 9th I sure will be...then ill be on the losers bench!!! :D cant wait!!

I am home today after my 10/1 surgery. Doing great on liquids. I do not have gas pains. Just a nagging headache. Hope it from lack of sleep in hospital.

Posted to quick! Speedy recovery to you all! Hope to meet you on the other side soon!

Well I actually had surgery in September. The gas can really be something else. I have a injured foot and it was a little hard for me to get up and move around, but move around if nothing but walking in the yard as much as possible. moving pushes the gas out and makes it easier to drink your fluids in the beginning.

Sleeved yesterday 10/2. Feeling pretty good and thankful to be home in my own bed with no cords attached to me. I've had the slimes twice and am not doing very well with my fluids. Pain is pretty manageable though I am still taking a half dose of meds. Thanks to everyone here I know it will get better soon.

Congrats and good luck fellow Octosleevers!

Hi everyone! Post or 20 hours. Was doing super yesterday. No real gas pain, mostly belly muscle soreness. They were giving me dilaudid and roxicet (i am allergic to codeine and morphine makes me itch like crazy), but that stuff made me so dizzy! I had a rough patch about 9pm. I suddenly got nauseous and started retching. Thew up some old blood and wet the bed (due to retching and having given birth to a couple of 9 ponders) how embarrassing. Well the nurses and pa were amazing. Changed my pain med to IV toradol and I slept a good 6 hours. I can feel my bowels starting to wake up, a little uncomfortable, but tolerable. Today I am having my leak test and I plan to walk, walk, walk the halls. How are you my octosleeve sisters and brothers it's 5 am, gonna roll over and go bak to sleep

Just Do It!!!

Hi everyone! Post or 20 hours. Was doing super yesterday. No real gas pain' date=' mostly belly muscle soreness. They were giving me dilaudid and roxicet (i am allergic to codeine and morphine makes me itch like crazy), but that stuff made me so dizzy! I had a rough patch about 9pm. I suddenly got nauseous and started retching. Thew up some old blood and wet the bed (due to retching and having given birth to a couple of 9 ponders) how embarrassing. Well the nurses and pa were amazing. Changed my pain med to IV toradol and I slept a good 6 hours. I can feel my bowels starting to wake up, a little uncomfortable, but tolerable. Today I am having my leak test and I plan to walk, walk, walk the halls. How are you my octosleeve sisters and brothers it's 5 am, gonna roll over and go bak to sleep

Just Do It!!![/quote']

Congrats on the surgery and so far gentle recovery. Hope it stays easy for you.

I am home today after my 10/1 surgery. Doing great on liquids. I do not have gas pains. Just a nagging headache. Hope it from lack of sleep in hospital.

Chica!! So glad you are doing OK! Keep in touch and let us know how you're progressing . Sending good{{{{{vibrations}}}}}

Just Do It!!!

Chica!! So glad you are doing OK! Keep in touch and let us know how you're progressing . Sending good{{{{{vibrations}}}}}

Just Do It!!!

Thank you! When do you go home? I found day 2 to be more difficult than any day. Thanks to the boards I kinda expected it! This is our month and I know we will all do great!!

Day four and finally passed gas and had a bm lol this morning has been difficult with all the has but it is finally moving so hopefully it will ease up sip sip sip walk walk walk ;)

Yolo

Things went well, Im on pain pump with leg massagers to prevent clots. I have a terrible headache, but otherwise Im ok. Moving to bathroom ok and took short walk down the hall. One of my nurses had this procedure last year and she looks great. Gave me some good tips. Im glad all my Octosleevers are doing well so far!!