Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Feel Free To Massage My Ego...

Ok, so I have been feeling really down over the last couple of weeks... still not at goal, and I have lost a pound in a YEAR! Yep, that is right... 12mths! No matter what I do, the scale is not moving - but, and this is a big but... my body is changing... not sure how, but it is!

So, I was clearing out my wardrobe, putting summer things away and having a general 'get rid of that' type session, when I found some old big clothes. I couldn't believe how big they are - and these are not in my biggest size either (I threw those out in a fit of rage, cos they looked so ugly... so much material!)

Anyway, to cut a long story short, I tried them on, for a laugh like! Then I remembered seeing peeps, on here, putting two legs into one. Because I am not at goal, I never thought of doing this, as it is a 'goaler's achievement', if that makes sense. But as I was bored, and the jeans looked soooo big, I thought I would give it a go.

Here is the pics, just for a laugh!

Needless to say, I felt a little happier about my weight, and it just goes to show, that the scale really doesn't provide you with complete success!!

post-3415-13813660275033_thumb.jpg

That's wonderful! You honestly don't look like you could lose anymore. You look great! Awesome accomplishment.

Sooo fantastic...I would call you looking perfect!

Coops, darling, you look wonderful! And as per usual, we are both on the same bloody page in regards to loss and stalls. I totally get what you mean about not taking the photo because you aren't at "goal"....totally get what you are saying. But then I've been thinking lately, wasn't my goal to be healthier, lighter, be out of plus size clothing, and generally take up less space on this planet? IF that was my goal then I've darn-well acheived it!!

Time to start celebrating how far we've come instead of what is left to accomplish!!!

Hugs my dear friend!! :D

You look amazing. So this is definitely a NSV for you. Your hard work is truly paying off. :)

Congratulations! You look amazing and I am so glad that you did this! I don't think there is anything reserved for people that have reached goal. And hang onto 1 pair of those pants. I go rid of everything except 1 pair of my biggest pair of pants. Whenever I feel down about myself, I pull them out and remind myself about how far I have really come!

Carly - thank you for being kind but believe me there is more...lol... not as much as before but enough to stop me from getting to that shiny number on the scale! I am between the obese and overweight cat. on the BMI now, but would love to be sitting further down. I am only 5'2' so every ounce counts!

savedbyamazinggrace - hehehee... I wish it was the scales fault! I recently changed the batteries and it read the same pesky numbers, it is also very similar with my Dr's scales... good suggestion though!! Made me chuckle!

Coops, darling, you look wonderful! And as per usual, we are both on the same bloody page in regards to loss and stalls. I totally get what you mean about not taking the photo because you aren't at "goal"....totally get what you are saying. But then I've been thinking lately, wasn't my goal to be healthier, lighter, be out of plus size clothing, and generally take up less space on this planet? IF that was my goal then I've darn-well acheived it!!

Time to start celebrating how far we've come instead of what is left to accomplish!!!

Hugs my dear friend!! :D

M2G ... I have MISSED you! Thank you for being soooo kind! Aw, man... is there any part of us that aren't in sync ! But you're right... let us focus on what we have done, and then what we haven't done is almost irrelevant!

Hope you are well my lovely friend ... hugs from across the pond

this is a great site to get cheered up... all the comments made me smile!

I forgot to say the clothes size... I was in a UK 22-24 (the jeans are 'only' a 20) and I am now in a UK 14... people don't believe me when I tell them that I weigh 163lbs, I suppose I do have good muscle tone which probably makes me look smaller than my weight, but I really, really, really, want the scale to say 154 - or less ...lol Oh man! That would be soooo good!

I will keep fighting the good fight! You never know, after having nearly a year off, by body might decide to shed some more fat! Fingers crossed and all tha' ...

Listen my dear Coops;

We are sleeve sisters from two years ago. I still write about you often to others who struggle with their weight loss or in contrast to how slow they are losing. Attempt to convey your persistence and determination when other VST members "pass" you to goal in shorter time frames.

Think children's tale of tortoise and the hare. You are the hare. Oh...who wins in that fable? You do Coops. Even if you never lose another pound you have won.

Look at the thread of how many of us have regained weight. I have put on 7 pounds from my lowest weight. I would do well to be more like you. Good habits will follow you for life.

Coops, you are held in high esteem. Hugs for always being here.

iegal,

well you certainly massaged my ego there... OMG! Thank you for such lovely words... I have never thought of myself of being a winner in this... but you have made me think a little differently. And to be held in high esteem... hmmm, that is also a new one! Thank you!

Is it better to never get to 'goal', to not know how it feels than to get there only to regain and fight a struggle to get back? I honestly don't know! But yea, I have never had a permanent regain... my weight has been steady here for pretty much a year now, so I am wondering if this is 'me'.

I posted in another thread, that if this is how I have to eat forever, and I mean forever, then I am more than happy with that. I can honestly say that food doesn't worry me, doesn't make me feel scared anymore and it certainly doesn't comfort me now. All it does is fuel my body and I chose that fuel now. I ain't perfect, but I do stick to what I know from post op 95% of the time... and for me that is as good as I can be without getting obsessed or upset about it.

In saying that, what I would give to have your BMI... that is a major achievement in my eyes... seriously, a BMI of 22/23 would be a dream come true here in Coopsville!!! At my surgeon's goal, I am still overweight.

But, I do realise that regardless of what numbers are around me, I am much healthier and fitter now!

I am in the process of researching a tummy tuck; you never know, with the apron gone, that might help me to get to goal...lol

hugs to you my friend =]

That's awesome. You look great!