Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Surgery And Recovery Alone

Sorry Chad. Unless you have some major complications' date=' physically you should be fine alone. But emotionally, no one can answer that. I hope you have friends and loved ones who will at least check on you. Best of luck. There is never a good time for something like this to happen, but this is an exceptionally bad time. I hope you're able to reconcile.[/quote']

Thanks butter. Had a honest talk with the wife tonight. We (I) have a lot of work to do. I am very sad, but hopeful.

Thanks butter. Had a honest talk with the wife tonight. We (I) have a lot of work to do. I am very sad' date=' but hopeful.[/quote']

We did hug and kiss before we left tonight... After some tears.

Sorry to hear what you're going through. I moved out of my husbands house about a month ago These things are difficult.I hope your recovery in non eventful, and you have someone to help you.

Awww, this sucks! I really hope she decides to be with you.

Buy SF pudding. I loved SF Jello going in, now i can't stand it! chicken broth. I prefer wylers cubes.

Def heating pad.

Gatorade2

Let's hope someone shows up who can pamper you.

Hugs,

Judy

Crystal light flavor packets for your Water. Some people cannot stand Water post op, for a while at least. It goes down easier disguised as lemonade. :)

Your doctor will probably suggest a Vitamin with Iron (chewable flintstones works for me, the red box) and a chewable Calcium supplement. Citrical makes some. Also a chewable antacid. Pepcid chewable is harder to find but CVS makes a store brand.

I got my broth and cream Soup in the carton so one would last me a whole week in the fridge.

Maybe some yogurt?

NICE!!!!!

Chad,

I am sorry this is happening to you and especially that is happening right now.

Physically I think you will probably be fine. I am going to be pretty much on my own after surgery. I think planning ahead, shopping, will make everything easier, its what I plan on doing. I also purchased a big comfy recliner as I think it may be easier to get out of in the beginning. We are nurses, somehow we manage.:)

I am glad you made the decision to not postpone your surgery, this is for your

health, your life and you deserve it! Regardless of what happens with your wife, a

healthier, happier you in the future is what is best.

I was married for 30 years and we went through some rough spots and split up, during that time we both had health scares and despite not being "together" we both were

actively involved in the medical decisions and recuperation. Frankly, I cannot imagine loving someone for that long and not being willing to be by their side when they need you. I am hoping your wife comes through for you but volunteering all of us here to be your support if needed.

I asked today' date=' she is thinking about it.

I have sf popsicles. I can go on full liquids pod 4. I have premier shakes, will get more.

I am getting more Jello, broth, a small spoon, plate, Water, medicine cup.

Anything else?

Maybe a heating pad.[/quote']

Definitely the heating pad. Wished I dug through the linen closet to find it before surgery. Fortunately I had some if those instant heat pads for back pain. They worked like a charm for pain under my ribs.

What I needed was saline spray because the oxygen was so drying--still dealing with nosebleeds.

Also went home with the JP drain. I did not have enough gauze and the pastic tape to cover the dressings. I should have asked for more when leaving the hospital. You will be on top of that and could probably change dressings with your eyes closed LOL.

I also had to had to run out to get an alternative to Crystal Light. Vitamin Water and strained Progresso Soup broths thinned with water getting me through this week.

Chad,

Praying for you and sending virtual hugs your way.

chad2rad

the above sounds like a step in the right direction,wish you the best with your personal life - that being said..........

you need to concentrate on your upcoming WLS

Good for you that you bought the staples to drink right after surgery.

Heating pad and gas strips will be helpful

PO get as much rest as possible, drink - take care of yourself

work with the sleeve, it will be wonderful/helpful in getting you to a better place.

improved health and happiness. you must/should concentrate on this alot.

you have a lot of work to do with eating properly and slowly, chewing, drinking as much liquid as possible

you must deal with these important things concerning the sleeve for the rest of your long healthier life

hope someone can help you out with your drive, and a little post op help

like others have said, many people take care of themselves after surgery and are fine

good luck to you

speedy recovery

Sorry to hear about your separation!

I am day 3 post op and have help at home because of my daughter. If she wasn't around, I wouldn't need help. But if it's just you and can ask someone to get you to and from the hospital, especially with you being an RN - you should be okay.

I wish you well on your surgery and hopefully the reconciliation of your marriage!

Sorry to hear about your separation!

I am day 3 post op and have help at home because of my daughter. If she wasn't around' date=' I wouldn't need help. But if it's just you and can ask someone to get you to and from the hospital, especially with you being an RN - you should be okay.

I wish you well on your surgery and hopefully the reconciliation of your marriage![/quote']

What i needed help with the first two days was someone reminding me to drink. I just wanted to sleep and wasn't drinking enough. But i needed no help otherwise.

Oh- don't forget your lips. You are a guy so you may not have lotions and stuff at home. :-). Your lips & skin are going to get dry.

Thanks everyone for you encouragement. Means a lot!

Holding you close and wishing you WELL!