Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

2 Days Post Op And Hating This So Far

All I have been doing is throwing up and dry heaving. Im always in constant pain and the liquid medicine I have to take is absolutely horrible tasting which makes me puke more. I cannot even sip on Water bc it makes me dry heave. Plzz someone tell me this is normal and it gets better!? Im about to break down crying :(

*Jess*

Oh Jessica, I'm sorry you are going thru this now but after reading what others post it does in fact get better... Much better with time. Read others posts and you will see that some go through this and soon they are back to normal. I would say if you get worse to call your doctor. Be strong and feel better.

Sent from my htc evo 3D using VST

I am only 6 days out and I'm hating it too lol.. I was just like u on sec day and yes the medicine is horrible but my bf would break up my 30 MLS into 3 10ml doses and delute it with some thing like my crystal lite, only delute with like 15mls though it don't take the taste completely away but it helped.. it gets better now I'm just sore no more dry heiving but still a no go on that Protein lol

I was in the hospital from a Friday to Monday... after about a week the pain got better... On Tuesday I could drink more. I couldn't handle room temp liquid it need to be hot or ice cold. Experiment with your temps... and remember your tummy is mad at you right now. I was told that when I had the surgery.

It gets better everyday. I was only able to take pain meds for 2 days and I only took it at night. Try to focus on getting Water in, it really does help, try ice chips if you have a hard time with drinking water.

Make sure to check for other signs of leakage. Non stop vomiting is one.. Do you have a fever? if unsure, make sure to check. Leakage can be fixed, but it is not something you want to wait on, as then it can be lethal. Better safe than sorry. Call your doc!

thanks everyone for the advice and comments. I just wanted to give u all an update and let u know that the dry heaving and throwing up has completely stopped. I am keeping down liquids now...not very much at one time but its staying down. It almost feels like as the liquid goes down it pushes the gas up and causes a lot of pain. My incisions don't really hurt at all except the lower right hand one which I believe is the largest one...its got the biggest band aid on it. Im staying with my parents tonight bc my husband works nights and they have been so helpful, they got a room all setup for me and everything. I am very blessed that I have such an amazing family. I was very emotional today and kind of had a breakdown. Today is my 23rd birthday and I had no visitor at the Hospital BC everyone works and goes to school which I understand so I was so ready to come home and the minute I got to see my little girl (4 yr old) it made all the bad things go away. She kissed my tummy and asked me if I wanted to hold her hand to get out to the car. It was soo cute. So even though I don't feel the greatest ...this really is a birthday to remember...bc I will look back 100 pounds later and realize that I did this all so I could live a longer healthier life for my daughter, family, more kids to come hopefully and most of all myself. Thanks for all the support!

*Jess*

Glad to hear things are better, like the others have said everyday things will get better! Hang in there, later you will end up

Loving your sleeve'

Sent from my iPhone using VST

You are healing so things are not always great but they do improve as each day passes. I am 8 weeks out now and almost back to a new normal. It is a life changing surgery, that is for sure. I hope you feel much better now that you are home. Sometimes the pain meds can cause a lot of nausea. Good luck to you!

hang in there, my best friend had a lot of trouble like you to start and ended up back in the hospital with dehydration. glad to hear it is improving.

Glad you're feeling better. A heating pad helped me with the gas pains. Even at 4 weeks out warm drinks turn my stomach. They have to be icy cold. To the point I was sucking on ice chips. It really made my stomach feel better. The first few weeks-month will be full of ups and downs but you can do it!

Thanks!!

*Jess*

Yup, this is the part they NEVER tell you about before surgery. . this is the part no one is mentally ready for. . . mine hate for the sleeve lasted 3 - 4 months after surgery. . .I'm out 3 years now and let me tell you, what these folks say is true, it does get better. . . good luck!