Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Yesterday I Wrote About My Charley Horse...

Butterthebean- Thank you very much! I'll drink Water constantly if it will help.

I usually walk it off...most football coaches carry mustard packages to the football games. When a player gets a cramp' date=' they squirt it in their mouth , it shocks the body and causes the muscles to relax . I haven't tried it myself.

Also a hot Water bottle helps or heating pad.[/quote']

My husband said they used pickle juice in football. My MIL swears by Apple Cider Vinegar (I've tried it. Nasty but works).

My husband said they used pickle juice in football. My MIL swears by Apple Cider Vinegar (I've tried it. Nasty but works).

On some of our longer bike rides they serve pickles at the rest stops for that same reason. They have lots of sodium and will supposedly keep you from cramping.

It's always ice for the first 24 hours after injury' date=' then heat from the second day onward UNLESS there is swelling. I'm a licensed massage therapist and I see this all the time. People get them confused. And people come to me with a fresh injury and want me to treat it but I can't. Massaging a fresh soft tissue injury will only increase the inflammation.

Google the RICE method. As the victim of many sports related injuries I am a firm believer in it.

As for the calf cramps, I had them too after surgery. I was working out real hard and it was hot outside. Even though I was drinking about 80 oz of Water and taking potassium supplements, the cramps still persisted. I upped my Water and they went away. I even quit taking the potassium but have not had another cramp. I now drink about 140-150 oz per day.[/quote']

Yep! Rest Ice Compression and Elevation or R.I.C.E is the only way to go. As an athlete I have had more ankle sprains than I can count. Some of them to the point of needing intense physical therapy to prevent surgery. Our coach used to make us stick our feet in a bucket of ice water. It sucked, but it worked.

That is A LOT of water! I can barely make myself get 80 oz!