Recent Status Updates
Yesterday I "officially" eclipsed the 100 lb mark. I'm sure if you're in any other country than the US, the 45.3 kg mark doesn't sound as much of a milestone, but it's very cathartic for me to post that I hit it.· 2 replies
I recently read back through both my BP status updates and my private journal and hitting this milestone makes all the things I "worried" about seem stupid, but I know they're not stupid because they were very real at the time. Also, I think if I didn't give these fears my full attention, I may not have been as successful as I have been to date.
I'm about 50 more pounds off my end goal and I know that will not be the end, I will continue to strive for bettering myself in both physical and emotional ways. I have to hunker down and get this done.
I'm noticing if I don't exercise every day, the weight loss stalls quite a bit. I'm not really into the 80/20 theory with diet and exercise, I think there's a genetic modifier that needs to be applied and it's different for everyone, just my opinion... don't hold it against me.
Yeah! Great milestone! Keep up the good work, wishing you much-continued success!
RE: the running/training· 0 replies
Honestly it started with me just doing laps around the kitchen that first post-op week.
In a week, I graduated to walking up and down my street, then to walking around the block every day.
The distance increased, then the speed.
Then I started running little spurts during my walks, then to alternating 1km runs with 1km walks.
And now I can do a continuous 10k (which I totally did for the first time this morning...so full of myself about it today, it’s disgusting.)
Just do something everyday and slowly increase speed and duration, next thing you know you’ll be one of those odd “running people” (who I never understood pre-op, but now totally get, lol)
- This update has no replies.
Together, we have lost...
Bariatric Surgeons: Want to research a weight loss surgery surgeon? Enter their last name below to start!
- Weight Loss Surgery Forums
- Tell Your Weight Loss Surgery Story
- Weight Loss Surgery Success Stories
- Fitness & Exercise
- Weight Loss Surgeons & Hospitals
- Insurance & Financing
- Mexico & Self-Pay Weight Loss Surgery
- Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery
- WLS Veteran's Forum
- Rants & Raves
- The Lounge
- The Gals' Room
- Pregnancy with Weight Loss Surgery
- The Guys’ Room
- Singles Forum
- Weight Loss Medications & Popular Diets
- Website Assistance & Suggestions
- General Weight Loss Surgery Discussions
- PRE-Operation Weight Loss Surgery Q&A
- POST-Operation Weight Loss Surgery Q&A
- Gastric Sleeve Surgery Forums
- Gastric Bypass Surgery Forums
- LAP-BAND Surgery Forums
- Duodenal Switch Surgery Forum
- Mini Gastric Bypass Surgery Forum
- Revision Weight Loss Surgery Forums (NEW!)