Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Post Op September Sleevers, Roll Call

2 1/2 weeks post-op and the past 5 nights or so I have been awakened sometime between 3am-5am with the WORST pain in between my breastbone as well as the worst burning ever that seems to go from my mouth all the way down. The pain feels like I have swallowed a ball full of spikes as the pain shoots straight through to my back. This morning was probably the worst. I started salivating really bad and had to constantly swallow. OMG! It was horrible. Then I started to gag. I quickly chewed up 2 TUMS to no avail. I called my doc about this a few days ago and she put me on Pepcid AC. She told me to take it 4 times per day but the box says to not take more than 2 per day so that is what I am doing. She says the heartburn is VERY common but will go away eventually. But what is the spiky pain that comes with it? And the salivating? Wow! That was just weird! Have any of my sleeve sisters had experience with this? I am currently taking one Pepcid in the a.m. before Breakfast and then again after dinner before bed (hoping that it will last me through the night). Apparently it is not working. The nausea seems to be getting worse as well. Just can't tolerate the Vitamins much. Waiting for the capsule form to arrive as the chewables and me just end up in a vomiting marathon. Ugh! HELP!!!!

I would suggest taking it as the Dr. recommends not what the box tells you. The over the counter versions have less medicine in them than the perscription strength so she is probably brining you up to that. I take 2 perscription strength a day and experience no heartburn or gerd after surgery...I had it bad before surgery! Good luck and I hope you feel better because I know that it really stinks to be hurting like that.

2 1/2 weeks post-op and the past 5 nights or so I have been awakened sometime between 3am-5am with the WORST pain in between my breastbone as well as the worst burning ever that seems to go from my mouth all the way down. The pain feels like I have swallowed a ball full of spikes as the pain shoots straight through to my back. This morning was probably the worst. I started salivating really bad and had to constantly swallow. OMG! It was horrible. Then I started to gag. I quickly chewed up 2 TUMS to no avail. I called my doc about this a few days ago and she put me on Pepcid AC. She told me to take it 4 times per day but the box says to not take more than 2 per day so that is what I am doing. She says the heartburn is VERY common but will go away eventually. But what is the spiky pain that comes with it? And the salivating? Wow! That was just weird! Have any of my sleeve sisters had experience with this? I am currently taking one Pepcid in the a.m. before breakfast and then again after dinner before bed (hoping that it will last me through the night). Apparently it is not working. The nausea seems to be getting worse as well. Just can't tolerate the Vitamins much. Waiting for the capsule form to arrive as the chewables and me just end up in a vomiting marathon. Ugh! HELP!!!!

So sorry to hear about your heartburn. Yeah, I couldn't take the chewable vitamins either. I went and got the Gummy vites by 1 a day...I can do those. Have to take an Iron though, I'm cool with that. I have had that middle of the night heartburn...not since surgery, but have had it. Feels like you're drowning in fire. Salivating? Probably your body's response to try and help you get rid of it. Hope you get better soon:)

Momothing- Congrats on the 18 lbs. I a little over 3 weeks!!!! Wanting a steak sounds like head hunger, I've been craving pizza...UGH!!!! The head hunger is horrible. Don't freak out about your mom coming to visit. I think everyone my mom runs in to knows my life history (lol). She's a bit of a control FREAK, but after 47 years, I've learned to accept her for who she is. My choice was to be upfront & honest about what I had done (obviously after the fact). I mean, what was she going to do after it was done & over?! She was totally freaked out at first but has been very supportive. Believe me, if I hadn't just come out & told her, she would've found out & then been more upset I didn't tell her. Stay focused, stay string & reach for your goal...sounds like you're already on your way :)

Momto3girls-you are suffering from acid reflux. The nausea & pain are associated with the reflux, this will also cause vomiting. Reason I know this, I have had GERD over 10 years. Do as the Dr has uninstructed you & double the dose, it won't hurt you. If this doesn't help, call & ask for a prescription.

momto3, I've experienced sharp breastbone pain you're describing, except without the nausea. Standing up helps. (I know that's not what anyone wants to do at 3 a.m.) I would suggest pain medicine, such as Tylenol, because the doctor told me mine wasn't gas. He said some people get excruciating pain where the liver retractor (? term) goes in. I definitely feel it worse when I overdrink. You might have more than one thing going on. Best of luck. Thoughts with you.

toyaboo you alright over there

ready did you get your samples of necter yet

yes heartburn sucks im so glad i havnet got it. when i was pregant with mys on i lived on tums man. that stuff is no joke.

well gang my co workers took me to breakfast it was scary for me. we went to roscoes chicken and waffles. i ordered the 2 eggs 2 chicken sausages that came with a waffle and a chicken wing. i ate a tablespoon of eggs half of a sausage patty and i tiny tiny corner of waffle.and the smallest part of the wing. i was comfortable and didnt want to push it i was scared i would throw up and i felt i might have to go do number 2 just a little. we sat there and talked i watched them eat all of there food. 3 fried wings waffle eggs and grits, i thought to myself wow i use to eat all of that and now im eating off a saucer funny.

we talked for about 30 min and when i got home i ate the other part of the wing i felt bad that i did. but i think i did very well for myself. im giving my leftovers to my son i dont want anymore of it. my next meal is a protien shake made with just Water and i think i will walk this evening. im proud of myself.

Great Job newgrandmother!!!!! chicken & waffles sound mighty tempting. I don't know if I have that kind of will power yet. I'm finding it difficult to meet my friends out to eat. Went last night to dinner with friends. They shared a giant marguarita & plenty of good food. I had an iced tea & a chicken teriyaki skewer. I'm trying to stay strong & stay focused but that was hard. Sounds like you are doing great, which I'm so happy for you :)

Have you heard from toyaboo??

i had no choice my mini me was not having it

Alright, just threw up. Too much. Gotta learn faster.

Okay, WEIRD QUESTION: Any of you found that your teeth get fuzzier more often? I find myself brushing my teeth a lot! Like 5 or so times a day. I'm wondering if it's just that I'm not drinking as much Water as I was before the surgery.

4 weeks TODAY!!!! down 30.5!!! I go back to work on Monday and can't wait!!! I have been ready since day 5! I have had zero complications and seem to have an Iron sleeve! Eating almost everything. I am so sorry to those of you having so many issues. It will work for you, time will heal you. Now to try on those work clothes.....

4 weeks TODAY!!!! down 30.5!!! I go back to work on Monday and can't wait!!! I have been ready since day 5! I have had zero complications and seem to have an Iron sleeve! Eating almost everything. I am so sorry to those of you having so many issues. It will work for you, time will heal you. Now to try on those work clothes.....

Wow! That is TOTAL AWESOMENESS! I think I am green with jealousy right now. Just can't seem to get past my 1 week weight loss of 16# and I am currently navigating week 3. So annoying. Things just are NOT settling on my stomach these days. Kinda worried that it's never gonna change. Sigh.

Alright, just threw up. Too much. Gotta learn faster.

Okay, WEIRD QUESTION: Any of you found that your teeth get fuzzier more often? I find myself brushing my teeth a lot! Like 5 or so times a day. I'm wondering if it's just that I'm not drinking as much Water as I was before the surgery.

OMG, yes my teeth are constantly fuzzy...grrr. I have been chewing gum and bringing a toothbrush to work cause it's kinda gross! LOL