Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Post Op September Sleevers, Roll Call

Hello to all my sleeve sisters. I had quite a few days of catching up with everyones postings. Was sorry to hear of the troubles of some and glad to hear of those who are rockin their sleeves! I am 16 days out from surgery and also having some issues with the soft foods my program allows' date=' doing alright with the fluids most days. I hate the stuck feeling I get after eating only 2-3 bites of an egg, and have thrown up a few times. Some days I regret doing this to myself but I also regret that I let myself get so fat!!! Reading the posts of my sleeve sisters helps so much as I don't feel so alone in all this. My center has support meetings but the few I attended were weird b***h sessions about the not smoking and being allowed alcohol.....which I am sure are tough if you have those things to give up but I was looking for more of a nutritional and lifestyle support group. Thanks for listening. My prayers are with you all![/quote']

My nut said eggs scrambled that is get stuck the first 6 weeks. They don't know why but hard boiled go down a lot better.

Post op visit today for my one month. Down 32 pounds. Also was put on the strict rules. 20 grams of Protein each meal. 3 meals a day and 1 snack. Meals must be eaten within 30 minutes. No drinking 15 min before meal and 1 hr afterwards. If you get 20 grams of protein and do not drink with meals eat within 30 min your stomach sends a signal to your brain that you are and will stay full for about 4 hours. It's all making sense but still very difficult.

I scramble my egg with a Tbsp. of low fat cream cheese- it seems to make the egg creamier and I havn't had that stuck feeling. Also a little extra Protein. That's the only addition so far I've added this week- for my pureed foods. I guess I'm not sure of what to try or too chicken to try other things yet- because I really hate to throw up! Keep thinking I may boil a few eggs and make some chicken or tuna salad this weekend. Thanks for all the info you guys put out there. It's nice to know I can talk about this with someone whom knows how this feels

I know we are to not drink with our meals- before and after; but what about that icky food taste left in your mouth- I have to take a sip just to get rid of any aftertaste. I have so far not been hungry but it's been really hard not to take a drink for 30 mins after. Any tips?

I never had a problem with eggs of any kind. I like them scrambled with cheese and bacon bits...

this is a tmi question. did anyone else get itchy down there, it went away but now there is a fowl smell and sex feels wierd its like all my moisture is gone. i hope i am not alone

NG you may have a yeast infection or something... I'm not sure. I've been fine, and sex has been absolutely ah-mazingggg. Sometimes a UTI can cause pain during sex. Maybe get her checked? Just to be safe and sure. Not saying it doesn't happen, I just can't relate. Good luck!! Hope it gets better!

I'm eating spaghetti sauce for the first time. Yummmmmmm. Chewing it well. I have a feeling my belly won't like it later. But man- yum!

I did that last night with a little melted mozz cheese on it.......sooo good.

My teeth also feel fuzzy, brushing my teeth a lot! Also, using lots of SF breath mints!

2nd day on purées and everything has been going really good, but I took some puréed tuna salad to work today and was really looking forward to it, but something about the smell or texture of it, I just couldn't do it! And I love Tuna! Luckily, not having any issues with egg salad or refried Beans with cheese and a little salsa in it, they are both yum! I'm also pureeing up some thicker Soups and they taste good.

Small victory, I'm one month out and for the first time, I've been able to eat a small egg beaters omelet with cheese for dinner. Probably 1/2 cup of egg beaters but still it tasted good. I've been able to get down 1/2 of a hard boiled egg made into egg salad but couldn't manage fried eggs. Today felt good, really good - like pre-surgery.

this is a tmi question. did anyone else get itchy down there, it went away but now there is a fowl smell and sex feels wierd its like all my moisture is gone. i hope i am not alone

You are so right. I call my husband in the bathroom and ask him if he smelled me. He said No but i know that he did not want to hurt my feelings. So i called my daughter in (she is 8) and she said yeah mommy. No sex for me because i can smell myself and it is awful. I think i take a shower every time i use the restroom.

You are so right. I call my husband in the bathroom and ask him if he smelled me. He said No but i know that he did not want to hurt my feelings. So i called my daughter in (she is 8) and she said yeah mommy. No sex for me because i can smell myself and it is awful. I think i take a shower every time i use the restroom.

I didn't have a itchy feeling though.

@Mommeof3......you ate probably spilling ketones in your urine as you are loosing weight from burning all the fat. That is also why our breath and mouths taste funny.