Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Post Op September Sleevers, Roll Call

Toyaboo, I hope that each day finds you feeling better and better. I agree with those that think an attorney should be consulted. But more importantly, PLEASE seek out additional medical opinions. Blood clots are not something to ignore - nor are your other issues. There is usually a patient advocate at the hospital who can assist you with finding the proper doctors to evaluate your various issues. Don't wait!!!!! These things can be serious and it doesn't appear that your surgeon has a care in the world about what is going on.

Please keep us posted on your recovery. Thoughts are with you :)

nen congrats and welcome to the sleeved world

sheila i didnt know we could have those that sounds yummy i like green machine

well everyone im doing ok each day is differant i finally felt full yesterday was not super hungry at all adding the pb and banana to my Protein was a good idea. having my egg with cheese at the moment. hope everyone have a good day

mommeof3,

Vitamins will help. They're so important. Deficiencies can just wreak havoc all over your body.

One more day to get thru...Hang in there.

Toya,

It's too soon to judge progress by weight because you're swollen. I had a big "baby bump" right above my belly button (no, NOT pregnant, lol) and it is starting to reduce. It's a major surgery and the body has to regroup.

You must seek better care. Your life is too important to leave in the hands of someone too indifferent to explain himself.

mommeof3,

Vitamins will help. They're so important. Deficiencies can just wreak havoc all over your body.

One more day to get thru...Hang in there.

I cant wait until tomorrow i need some energy...tired of sleeping...lol

I had my one month checkup today and everything looks great. I have been cleared to go back to the gym doing weights and cardio. My NUT also cleared me basically for anything within moderation and ease into it. Right now i am able to eat about 4oz of food and I am full. I am also off Protein Drinks THANK GOD!!!! I am still in the stall which is fine I am hoping that it breaks soon.

Hope everyone else is doing great!

My surgery was 16 days ago and I have lost 12 pounds since they weighed me before surgery. On a good day I am eating 500 calories. I have had a hard time getting in 64 oz of Water so the last couple day I have really worked hard to get it in and still nothing. Could I not be eating enough? The doc didn't say anything about amount of food or calories just puree at this point and getting in Protein. I don't understand with me eating close to nothing this weight should be falling off of me!!

sramos89,

Your body will hang on to everything it's got if it thinks it's starving. It will stop making new hair to save calories. You need to research this.

Hi pals: Three weeks today so this is the weigh in that I count. Officially down 20.4 pounds since surgery. I know people have lost more but I'm ok with this- I have to be.

Hugs to you all!!! Hope everyone is doing ok and those who have been struggling feel better each day! Xxxx

justine you reminded me it is 3 weeks yayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy. im 3 weeks out lost 15lbs im cool with it though.

today was a funny day a friend and i went ot in and out. and i ordered a protien style burger cut in half i barely finishe the half and about 4 fries now i know my sleeve is working man i was so stuffed i couldnt eat nothing else. im happy and ive been getting full lately compared to a few days ago when i couldnt get full. its getting better.

hope everyone had a great day and are doing well for you that are not doing well hang in there it will get better it has to.

justine you reminded me it is 3 weeks yayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy. im 3 weeks out lost 15lbs im cool with it though.

today was a funny day a friend and i went ot in and out. and i ordered a protien style burger cut in half i barely finishe the half and about 4 fries now i know my sleeve is working man i was so stuffed i couldnt eat nothing else. im happy and ive been getting full lately compared to a few days ago when i couldnt get full. its getting better.

hope everyone had a great day and are doing well for you that are not doing well hang in there it will get better it has to.

Congrats on the loss NG!!! Yey!!! :-)

Hi pals: Three weeks today so this is the weigh in that I count. Officially down 20.4 pounds since surgery. I know people have lost more but I'm ok with this- I have to be.

Hugs to you all!!! Hope everyone is doing ok and those who have been struggling feel better each day! Xxxx

I wish i could say ive only lost 20 lbs since surgery! haha Good job by the way. I have only lost 12 lbs since surgery and I have had a stall the last 2.5 weeks and actually gained two pounds. Weighed myself this morning and i lost those 2 lbs AND lost an additional .3 lbs so im hoping that means my stall is over!!! I cant really complaint i have lost 35 lbs since mid July :wub:

Hello to all my sleeve sisters. I had quite a few days of catching up with everyones postings. Was sorry to hear of the troubles of some and glad to hear of those who are rockin their sleeves! I am 16 days out from surgery and also having some issues with the soft foods my program allows, doing alright with the fluids most days. I hate the stuck feeling I get after eating only 2-3 bites of an egg, and have thrown up a few times. Some days I regret doing this to myself but I also regret that I let myself get so fat!!! Reading the posts of my sleeve sisters helps so much as I don't feel so alone in all this. My center has support meetings but the few I attended were weird b***h sessions about the not smoking and being allowed alcohol.....which I am sure are tough if you have those things to give up but I was looking for more of a nutritional and lifestyle support group. Thanks for listening. My prayers are with you all!

Just over 3 weeks out from surgery. Keep forgetting to make my follow up with my surgeon...working too much and brain too fried. But as of this morning....and I waited 7 whole days before doing so (hard)....stepped on the scale and I've lost about 18 pounds since surgery. At least on my scale. I can live with that. That's 18 more pounds than I've lost in the entire year before I even started this process...so, GO ME!

Still want to eat steak. Still haven't had any. Depending on what I'm eating I can get in between 1/2-3/4 of a cup of food. Soup, I can get in about a cup as long as I do it slowly. Refried Beans, with ground beef and cheese...only about 1/2 a cup. So cool that I can only eat that much and be full. Of course I get hungry earlier than I normally would, about every 2 hours after I finish eating. And I have had a few fig newtons. I know, not everyone's cup of tea. But I love them. And I'm not eating a whole package, or half a package. At most I can eat four. So cool. I don't really have a craving for sweets like I used to. And I have the mother of all sweet tooths. Maybe it's all that "sweet" Protein and sf Jello, etc. that was all I could eat for so long. Who knows? Whatever the reason, I'm good. I'm throwing up less as I learn better what I can, or rather how much I should put in me before I get to that point. I'm learning.

Still have days where I have more pain than others. Usually when I do too much and it's always on the side the doc did most of her work on. Not enough to need anymore drugs. But enough to tell me to STOP and REST.

Getting more freaked out as Christmas draws closer. Because my mother says she's coming here for that holiday. And she doesn't know. And I don't want to tell the judgemental-have-to-tell-everyone-I-know-your-business the full details of what I had done. I've told her just enough, I think, to cover my butt....or the loss thereof. Maybe she won't be able to find a good price on a plane ticket. I know, I'm awful. But if she does come, I'll figure it out. Or I'll break that commandment and just lie like best rug I can find! Or I might tell her. Ehh, probably not.

Glad to hear that more and more of you seem to be doing better. Toyboo: hope you are doing way better. Let's all get better and work this new lifestyle of ours!!!

2 1/2 weeks post-op and the past 5 nights or so I have been awakened sometime between 3am-5am with the WORST pain in between my breastbone as well as the worst burning ever that seems to go from my mouth all the way down. The pain feels like I have swallowed a ball full of spikes as the pain shoots straight through to my back. This morning was probably the worst. I started salivating really bad and had to constantly swallow. OMG! It was horrible. Then I started to gag. I quickly chewed up 2 TUMS to no avail. I called my doc about this a few days ago and she put me on Pepcid AC. She told me to take it 4 times per day but the box says to not take more than 2 per day so that is what I am doing. She says the heartburn is VERY common but will go away eventually. But what is the spiky pain that comes with it? And the salivating? Wow! That was just weird! Have any of my sleeve sisters had experience with this? I am currently taking one Pepcid in the a.m. before Breakfast and then again after dinner before bed (hoping that it will last me through the night). Apparently it is not working. The nausea seems to be getting worse as well. Just can't tolerate the Vitamins much. Waiting for the capsule form to arrive as the chewables and me just end up in a vomiting marathon. Ugh! HELP!!!!