Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Post Op September Sleevers, Roll Call

I asked to be weighed today and gained 10 lbs. Everything is going wrong :-(

Do NOT let yourself get upset over this weight gain. You have been in the hospital for several days now and no doubt with IV fluids being pumped in 24/7, right? I gained 6 pounds in one day being in the hospital! It came off very quickly once off the fluids. Any new updates from the docs on your condition? Did you surgeon ever come by to see you and if so, what was his excuse for not coming over the weekend? I am thinking about you daily.

I asked to be weighed today and gained 10 lbs. Everything is going wrong :-(

Being in the hospital it's all that Fluid from the IV - I guarantee when you come out that will come right back off - when I went back in for dehydration - I gained 3lbs back I think but after a few days it came off plus a few more lbs - I have decided to weigh myself every Wed...

Stay strong girl & were all pray'n & root'n for you, keep us posted...

Sent from my iPhone using VST

Update: I have not been on in a while so i decided to give an update. After about day 9 i stared to feel better. I am still not getting in all my fluids it just so hard but i am trying. According to my scale at home i have not been losing any more weight. I must be at the stall. I think that I am going through the stall because i am not eating enough. My body is holding on to everything. I am tierd most of the time and I plan to let my doctor know on Thursday. Although i have not started Vitamins yet. (Doc wanted me to wait until checkup) I think that i have pulled a stitch on the inside of my large incision. I keep feeling pain then a very bad burning sensation. (Very Painful). I am continuing to pray each day to feel and get better. I had to sit and have a talk with myself about why i got the surgery, why it was necessary and i try not to complain because i know that getting health is my number one concern.

Overall I am happy with my decision.

I will continue to pray for those who are having complications.

Are you still in hospital from clots and dehydration? If so- then those fluids would make you gain and you will lose that quickly

Yes, I'm still here. Oh ok, well that's good to hear that.

Do NOT let yourself get upset over this weight gain. You have been in the hospital for several days now and no doubt with IV fluids being pumped in 24/7' date=' right? I gained 6 pounds in one day being in the hospital! It came off very quickly once off the fluids. Any new updates from the docs on your condition? Did you surgeon ever come by to see you and if so, what was his excuse for not coming over the weekend? I am thinking about you daily.[/quote']

So I called his office yesterday to find out why and they didn't give me an explanation. He finally showed last night (apparently after he was done with his surgeries for the day) with about 6 people who looked like they were ready to go. He asked me if I was still having pain and said I just wanted to let you know that the blood clot didn't come from surgery and in reality since they have you on blood thinners, its not going to be a big deal. He told me to follow the doctors orders in here and turned around and left. While he was leaving, I asked if they were going to check me out and the PA there with him said "no,its not necessary and to go back to Clear Liquids to help alleviate any pains in my stomach". All the other doctors and nurses here can't believe that he doesn't seem to be too concerned about me. My husband is thinking about consulting with a lawyer b/c things just don't seem right with this situation.

Being in the hospital it's all that Fluid from the IV - I guarantee when you come out that will come right back off - when I went back in for dehydration - I gained 3lbs back I think but after a few days it came off plus a few more lbs - I have decided to weigh myself every Wed...

Stay strong girl & were all pray'n & root'n for you' date=' keep us posted...

Sent from my iPhone using VST[/quote']

Thanks

So I called his office yesterday to find out why and they didn't give me an explanation. He finally showed last night (apparently after he was done with his surgeries for the day) with about 6 people who looked like they were ready to go. He asked me if I was still having pain and said I just wanted to let you know that the blood clot didn't come from surgery and in reality since they have you on blood thinners, its not going to be a big deal. He told me to follow the doctors orders in here and turned around and left. While he was leaving, I asked if they were going to check me out and the PA there with him said "no,its not necessary and to go back to clear liquids to help alleviate any pains in my stomach". All the other doctors and nurses here can't believe that he doesn't seem to be too concerned about me. My husband is thinking about consulting with a lawyer b/c things just don't seem right with this situation.

I agree with your husband. I am a nurse myself and this sounds like completely negligent physician care. How long have you been in there and tonight was the first night he made an appearance? And I would be putting a bad review of him and his office on every possible WLS website out there to warn others of his behavior.

I agree with your husband. I am a nurse myself and this sounds like completely negligent physician care. How long have you been in there and tonight was the first night he made an appearance? And I would be putting a bad review of him and his office on every possible WLS website out there to warn others of his behavior.

I've been here since Friday

hello everyone. hope your evening is going well. so far so good for me. i think later this week im going to make oven bbq chicken thighs and potato salad yummy. and green Beans. its so dang hot man i bet im holding Water because of it. i cant wait for it to cool off here in los angeles

too much cottage cheese...i want to throw up. Or I ate it too fast. Still sometimes forget to eat slowly.

I completely understand. I've done it too often myself. Every day without throwing up I count as a victory.

So I called his office yesterday to find out why and they didn't give me an explanation. He finally showed last night (apparently after he was done with his surgeries for the day) with about 6 people who looked like they were ready to go. He asked me if I was still having pain and said I just wanted to let you know that the blood clot didn't come from surgery and in reality since they have you on blood thinners' date=' its not going to be a big deal. He told me to follow the doctors orders in here and turned around and left. While he was leaving, I asked if they were going to check me out and the PA there with him said "no,its not necessary and to go back to clear liquids to help alleviate any pains in my stomach". All the other doctors and nurses here can't believe that he doesn't seem to be too concerned about me. My husband is thinking about consulting with a lawyer b/c things just don't seem right with this situation.[/quote']

I agree about getting the lawyer & how does he know for sure that the blood clots didn't come from the surgery & even if that's true any good Dr would be concerned whether it was his fault or not - so are you going to another Dr or are you feeling better or how do you feel now??

Hi everyone... I was sleeved on 9-26-12... Also had hernia repaired... stopped taking pain mes 2 days after surgery.. thank goodness no complications.. i had my first follow up yesterday and I've lost 15lbs... Starting to walk tomorrow... Dr recommended @ least 15 minutes a day... I'm super happy with my sleeve. And I'm ready for my new beginning...

Janie (sent from my iPhone using VST)

Hi everyone... I was sleeved on 9-26-12... Also had hernia repaired... stopped taking pain mes 2 days after surgery.. thank goodness no complications.. i had my first follow up yesterday and I've lost 15lbs... Starting to walk tomorrow... Dr recommended @ least 15 minutes a day... I'm super happy with my sleeve. And I'm ready for my new beginning...

Janie (sent from my iPhone using VST)

Congrats on the weight loss, I also hd a hernia repair?? Do you have any stuck feelings when you eat or drink??

Day 5, feeling fine. Last day clear liquids. Haven't lost a ton of weight, don't care, didn't expect to. I am more concerned with how I feel. I don't want to get in the red zone with food by not having it when I need it. Been spending big money on Naked Green Machine drinks. Whatever it takes. No physical problems. My incisions itch too; I think that may have something to do with healing.

Toyaboo- you have been in my thoughts & prayers. Hoping you will be in good health soon. Have they given you any idea of how long you might be in the hospital? Who was your surgeon? Sounds like your husband should be seeking some advice from an atty. keep us posted :)