Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Post Op September Sleevers, Roll Call

I've been frustrated because I was at a stall for almost a month. Down 80 lbs and sleeved 9/20/12. I finally broke it while on vacation no less.. Lol I lost 3 lbs. I'm happy with my loss but can't wait to lose the last 30 lbs.

I've been frustrated because I was at a stall for almost a month. Down 80 lbs and sleeved 9/20/12. I finally broke it while on vacation no less.. Lol I lost 3 lbs. I'm happy with my loss but can't wait to lose the last 30 lbs.

I feel your pain. I was sleeved around the same time and have slowed down. Gotta work every pound off these days. No gimmes

Well seen the new surgeon he said I need to get a Rny. He thinks I have metabolic issues that need to be dealt with and the Rny will take care of that. I have never strayed far from the plan I've worked out from day one I've done everything that I could've done. I am not perfect and noone on here is but this is what it is. I'm Happy to know I did not mess up and the 1st doc did not mess up. It's just my body needs a reset. When will I get this done if I had insurance it would be done ASAP I'm self-pay it won't be done ASAP my doctor nutritionist and surgeon would've Called this medically necessary for insurance I do not have insurance so it will take me a few months to save up to have it done. I don't know how I feel ATM I gave it my all I had every test that could have been done done. I'm happy there is nothing wrong with me I'm happy to know what is going on and how to fix it. I'm unhappy to know that I have to do this all over again. I'm unhappy that I'm back upto 209 I have been 205/209 sin the Beginning of January .

Sent from my iPhone using VST

art i am sorry you are going through this. hang in there, hopefully one day those few lbs would be gone. i myself am tired of the balancing act of 122/125/126

Artsong; So Sorry to hear you need more surgery to fix the problem. Glad to hear you now know the problem. Wishing you the best to come.

sooooooooo back to 225 grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr. when i stopped working out for a few days the scale went down i worked out and bam. i think its my bp because it is up so it might be Water.< /p>

sooooooooo back to 225 grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr. when i stopped working out for a few days the scale went down i worked out and bam. i think its my bp because it is up so it might be Water.< /div>

I don't know why we are so much alike but I am having same exact issues. I was so excited for march a good long month to lose hoping 20 Pds and see wonderland well **** that's not gonna happen lucky to lose 5 Pds this month. And the working out I gain gain. Crazy!!!!!

becca i need to stay away fromt he scale. even my dr was like telling me my numbers dont match the average lost in 6 months but when i showed her the before and after she flipped. damn scale

I took my monthly measurements yesterday and i only lost 5 lbs last month but i lost 4 inches!! I also went shopping and went down from a 40b to a 38c bra, fit into size 14 jeans finally and wear large tops!!! Although losing the weight is taking forever its definitely noticeable. I highly recommend taking your measurements once a month because it makes a HUGE difference. I measure around the 20th to 24th of every month.

Here are my measurements...started 8/20/12 (already down 10 lbs) and second is from 3/22/13

Neck 17.25 to 15.25

R Bicep 16.5 to 14.25

L Bicep 16.25 to 14.00

Chest 45 to 39

Waist 47.25 to 39.25

Around belly button 52 to 43

R Thigh 29 to 23

L Thigh 28 to 23

R Calf 20.25 to 17

L Calf 20.5 to 17.5

Total inches lost... 43.75

Ok so I went for my 6 month check-up and the doctor starts telling me that I only need to lose 15 more pounds. NO I have 30 more to go to reach my goal weight. I started at 238 on 9/17/2012 and I'm down to 160 but my goal has always been 130. I'm only 5'2 so it's not that unreasonable but why do the doctors always try to discourage you because of your age? I'm only 35 not 85. I don't want to hear "at your age" because I'm made it this far and I will make my goal.

On another note I found a Protein Shake that taste so good I choose it over food most of the time now. GNC TotalLean is so good! I have about 5 big containers of different Protein Shakes that I bought and did not like and finally 6 months out I finally found one I love! ????????????????????????????????????

Ok so I am sooooo discouraged right now. I had stayed away from the scale but hot on recently and almost had a heart attack. Not only have k not lost weight but I have gained weight. No it's not that TOM!! I have gained 7lbs it says!!! I went back to the basics because I was in a stall and usually when I do that it breaks and I loose like crazy. I was 153 now 160!!! I do my Protein Shake two times a day, get in about 80oz Water I eat pretty much stage one and two foods. I'm getting about 70g Protein and exercise 5 times a week. I don't know. I have been itching like crazy for the pass six weeks but not all over. Please help!!!!!!

Also, sorry about the long book but I am SOO frustrated. Oh yeah and my feet are swollen I think!!!!

Ok so I went for my 6 month check-up and the doctor starts telling me that I only need to lose 15 more pounds. NO I have 30 more to go to reach my goal weight. I started at 238 on 9/17/2012 and I'm down to 160 but my goal has always been 130. I'm only 5'2 so it's not that unreasonable but why do the doctors always try to discourage you because of your age? I'm only 35 not 85. I don't want to hear "at your age" because I'm made it this far and I will make my goal.

On another note I found a Protein Shake that taste so good I choose it over food most of the time now. GNC TotalLean is so good! I have about 5 big containers of different Protein Shakes that I bought and did not like and finally 6 months out I finally found one I love! dde18dde18dde18dde1bdde1bdde1bdde04dde04dde04

Your doing great!!! Don't worry about what your Doc said about goal weight. You know your body and what's right for you. Go for it girl!!!!

I took my monthly measurements yesterday and i only lost 5 lbs last month but i lost 4 inches!! I also went shopping and went down from a 40b to a 38c bra' date=' fit into size 14 jeans finally and wear large tops!!! Although losing the weight is taking forever its definitely noticeable. I highly recommend taking your measurements once a month because it makes a HUGE difference. I measure around the 20th to 24th of every month.

Here are my measurements...started 8/20/12 (already down 10 lbs) and second is from 3/22/13

Neck 17.25 to 15.25

R Bicep 16.5 to 14.25

L Bicep 16.25 to 14.00

Chest 45 to 39

Waist 47.25 to 39.25

Around belly button 52 to 43

R Thigh 29 to 23

L Thigh 28 to 23

R Calf 20.25 to 17

L Calf 20.5 to 17.5

Total inches lost... 43.75[/quote']

You have done such a great job!!!!

Ok so I am sooooo discouraged right now. I had stayed away from the scale but hot on recently and almost had a heart attack. Not only have k not lost weight but I have gained weight. No it's not that TOM!! I have gained 7lbs it says!!! I went back to the basics because I was in a stall and usually when I do that it breaks and I loose like crazy. I was 153 now 160!!! I do my Protein Shake two times a day' date=' get in about 80oz Water I eat pretty much stage one and two foods. I'm getting about 70g Protein and exercise 5 times a week. I don't know. I have been itching like crazy for the pass six weeks but not all over. Please help!!!!!!

Also, sorry about the long book but I am SOO frustrated. Oh yeah and my feet are swollen I think!!!![/quote']

It's clear something is going on with all that itching. You need to see a Doctor and have labs done to make sure there are no deficiencies.

Nothing wrong with your diet and since your feet are swollen your retaining water. Very strange.

Good luck.

Art- not sure what to say. You've done all you can. I'm just not sure how another surgery will restart your system if its a Metabolic issue.

I just hope for your sake that this isn't some Doctors answer to filling his pocket with your cash when they really don't have an answer for you.

I wish you good luck in whatever you decide to do. You are a great person and you have given this your all.