Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

October 2006 Bandsters!

got it Shirley, thanks :)

thank you everyone for the words of encouragement and support, it means alot to me. For personal reasons I will not go back to my regular surgeon, so today I took the steps to get records released to another dr to do my fills. He is wonderful, and his staff is excellent. As for the divorce, I am to the point where it's his loss, not so much mine anymore. I have been talking to a really sweet guy I met online who is a little older than me, he hasnt seen anything other than my face but know's I am voluptuous lol. I just hope he doesn't run when we meet in person. Things can only get better when you have been as low as you can go.

I by the Muscle Milk Light on ebay. You can go to a health food store and pay out the nose, the choice is yours. Taste is excellent, made with Water, helps burn fat, high in protien, and it helps repair torn muscle. Now I no that's far fetched, I hurt my back at work, was off for a while, on muscle pills, pain pills, still hurt. I drank muscle milk at work, and in about 1 1/2 hrs. I had no pain. Couldn't believe it. I told the dietician about it.

She said that's what should happen. It's the best on the market.

Check out ebay or google it. Shirley...

Jenn - thinking about you and wish the best for you in this journey. I am sure what you are going through is very tough. The band is always there for you. I bet a fill would help a lot, I've had 4 so far and feel like I'm doing well.

Chrispy - you are doing so well on 1 fill!!! You go girl!!

My drain is completely covered with my hair after a shower and my hands are covered! Also, if I'm "priminping" in front of the mirror during the day I see tons of hair in the sink. My short cut really makes my hair look fuller.

I am signing off to check out that Muscle Milk y'all are talking about. Have a great weekend everyone.

Keep up the good work, let's all do our best!!

Tonia, i like the website www.calorieking.com they have alot of calorie info on mainstream restaurants.

I have not lost any hair, and i have not lost anymore weight...lol. Guess that might go hand in hand. oh well, i keep telling myself in time.

This band is not what i expected. I keep telling myself that it will happen, but of course it is hard not to get discouraged.

The other night my husband and i were sitting at dinner and he pointed out to me in a rather blunt way that he was "surprised" that i could still eat that much. Well that started a fight. It made me feel bad, like i didn't want to eat in front of him anymore and i was a failure once again at the weight loss game.

Here i am at almost the 4mth mark from surgery and I have only lost 17lbs. I did Jenny Craig before my surgery and by month 2, i had lost 25lbs. So yes I am a little baffled at my outcome so far.

KStar...maybe you need another fill? I've heard it takes awhile to fill up the 10 cc bands. Will your doctor do one for you now?

I have been the same weight for 3 weeks and it just started to move this week. On Monday I was 196 (kept losing the same 2-3 pounds) and this morning I was down to 191! The band is a weird thing...you just have to keep on keeping on. :)

I go back on the 8th of this month and i'm sure he will give me another fill. At least thats what he said back in December at my first fill. I guess we will see next this Thursday.

I did go back to my gyno and got put on Fortamet for my insulin resistance, hopefully this will help my body to quit hanging on to the fatand allow it to properly burn sugar. I was on stuff before the surgery, but i couldn't take it becase of the side effects. This is a new med that we are trying.

Hey KStar - hang in there. The band is not what I thought it would be until my 4th fill in my 4cc band!!!!!!

If you have a 10cc I am sure an aggressive fill would help a lot. I had the same "discussion" with my hubby at one point. The next fill did the trick. I told my surgeon I felt bad about having 4 fill already and he assured me that it was fine and to STOP COMPARING MYSELF TO OTHERS. He is right, we are all different and our insides are all shaped different. One other thing while I'm blabbing. People are always talking about how many fills when the real question should be how much of a fill. You can have 5 fills at .3 each or two fills at 1.5, right!!!!!!!

Really, hang in there. If you are insulin resistant maybe trying a South Beach type of eating would help. Its what I do, very little carbs, lots of Protein. When I eat a carb, band or no band, its a slippery slope!!!!

Good luck

Just to let you guys know - Kashi has frozen dinners now. I just had the sweet & sour chicken, it was awesome. I would say its the best frozen entree I've ever had. Good on nutrition too. 18g Protein 330 cal.

I got them at B'J's

Hey everyone! Just wanted to check in for the Valentine's Day challenege. I'm down 9.5 lbs, which leaves me 5.5 lbs to lose within the next 10 days. Not sure that I'll get there, but I know I will break the 10 lb barrier! Hope everyone is doing well on their challenge!

Good Sunday Morning Bandster Angels! Sorry I haven't been on much this past week. Marital issues......but that's another story!

I guess I've been doing ok. No weight loss (but no gain either). It seems as if I've hit some sort of a plateau. I'm hoping that I get back on the losing side of things soon. I don't expect I'll hit my Valentines Day Challenge but I'm not giving up yet! I didn't think I'd make the Christmas Challenge but I did......so, I still have a week and a half or so.

Pain.....it sucks. Hey, I love ya all! Todays a new day! And the bottom line is I'm probably doing better than I deserve!

One more thing....A few wonderful ladies and myself started a local support group! We had our first meeting this past week and it was awesome. Everyone clicked well (although we were total strangers) and we are looking forward to our next meeting! Cool huh? It's amazing how someone who is going through this can "understand" and someone who isn't either can't or won't.

Hey, I love all of my Bandster Angels! Thanks for letting me bend your ears..........Jimboss

Morning Friends!

Well i still have 8.5 pounds to lose to meet the valentines day challenge. we'll see... i didn't work out at all last week and only lost 1 pound, but hey its still not a gain! Off to get my tennies on and put in a few miles. my brother asked me to bake some Cookies for the sperbowl.. I'm thinking of putting some tape over my mouth so i dont eat the dough while i bake!

have a great day!

Hi everyone. Well I finally lost some weight this week. I've been all over the place from 196 on Monday to 190.4 on Friday...this morning I weighed in at 192.2 and since Sunday is my official weigh in day I'll count it. It's so nice to get past 193!! I don't think I'll make it to 185 by Valentine's, but I'm hoping to at least get under 190. Good luck everyone!!

Jimboss that is great news. Now you all can relate to each others one time problems, goals, and just noing you are all in the same boat makes the difference, don't it???

I'm gonna try to see if some people from Michigan would like to meet maybe late spring, or early summer. I think it would be interesting

We will see. Tommarow,, well,, I go in for my knee. Has to be. So I won't be on line for a while. "like i'll be missed right?" I have to email everyone, and tell them not to email me. I don't want to come back and have hundreds of email to go threw. I don't no if I will make my challenge. I hope the titanium is lighter then bone... It's a thought.., and depends if I lose it in the Hospital or not! My doc said I might even gain 3lbs. "that was like cutting my heart out!" He said once you get your energy level up,

the weight will nose dive. I can get with that! Good luck with your meetings. Hope it works out. Shirley...

Yes, we will miss you, Shirley. I hope everything works out wonderfully tomorrow.

When you are up to it, let us know how you are doing.

Good luck on your surgery tomorrow Shirley!! We will miss your posts and encouragement. Let us know how you're doing when you feel up to it.