Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

October 2006 Bandsters!

Jimboss, that story is so funny. How depressing is 40-45 being "old". I guess since I fit in that range, I don't want to be referred to as old. lol

Threebeauties, just remember that our innerds aren't rerouted. And how glad we are of that. You have done great so far. Just hang in there. Your sweet spot may be just around the corner.

Jessica, cleaning house only counts as exercise if you are coming to my house to clean. :-)

Shellybeans, the elliptical is hard. Or maybe I am just not coordinated right. lol 2 minutes is more than I could do. I tried last night and lasted about one minute. Moved right on over to the treadmill. Much more my speed. lol

Thanks Chrispy!!

Threebeauties, i agree about the fill wearing off quickly. I was pretty sure this time was going to be my sweet spot, but i was wrong. Don't get me wrong, i eat less, just not what i think should happen. I am jealous of the bypass pts too. My friend had bypass last April and she has lost 110lbs. She looks great. I told her before long i would be asking for her clothes...heeh. I am proud of her. I know my time is coming, but damn i wish it would hurry.

Jimboss, its cold here, however my icicles have all melted away this afternoon. Oh and by the way, i will go ahead and say "Nice Ass Pops" lol

Yall crack me up.

Sorry to hear that a few of us have been having a rough time lately. I agree that my fill is not what it was when I first got it, and that succeeding with the band takes a LOT of hard work. I went through a real funk after the holidays and had a hard time getting back on track. But we have each other - so we'll make it!!! Remember - unlike all the diets we've tried in the past, we can't "go off" the band. We may have times when we slip or aren't as good of a banster as we'd like to be, but eventually we'll snap back into it and continue on our weight loss journey. And unlike many bypass patients, we will all have CHANGED our eating habits.

Oh, and JimBoss - that's a GREAT story! haha

Shellybeans,

that dang machine has it in for me!!!! i went for a minute at first too, over a month later, i struggle to go 11 mins ... but it does burn & tone!! keep up the great job!

ugh. i've been on a plateau for over a month. Just when I think I've lost a pound or two, I gain four, and back and forth for weeks now. I had a fill a few weeks ago and it made me tighter for sure but still no change. It's frustrating because I feel like I should be making more progress. But I can't even begin to pretend that I've been a good bandster. I guess the easy ride is over and now I have to start working at it. Bummer!

i got off my buttt!

I've been whining and annoyed because I've been eating around 1000 calories or less and still not getting off the pounds. then after reading your posts I realized that i havent exercised in almost 2 weeks - big sonia duh . still dealing with this head cold i didn't want to hop on my elliptal and keel over - so i walked and watched top chef. then during 2 commercials i kinda jogged. :omg:

jimboss, i loved your story. we will all have comment-worthy-tuckusses!!

you guys really are awesome.

Too bad we couldn't all sit down and visit over a cup of coffee or some other "adult" beverage. Y'all are great and I think I'm sort of hooked on this site/this thread.

I'm doing pretty good after my third fill. And I agree with some of you who say that it seems the fills wear out too soon. But I honesty believe we will all find that illusive "sweet spot", some of us later than others, but it will come.

Many of you have commented about exercising. Wow. So awesome. Now I'm here to tell you, I thought I'd be the last guy on earth to ever start an exercise program. But since I've started, I can feel the difference! Damn girls, I feel good now days! If I was twenty years younger I'd show each and every one of you how good I feel!

For me the exercise was tough at first. I have a treadmill and I could do a couple of minutes at best. Now I'm hitting 25-30 minutes consistently every night. And I blame it all on this little piece of plastic that is wrapped around my stomach. "My little friend". LOL.

Hang in there girls. October Bandsters...what a bunch of losers!

~~Jimboss~~

I love being a loser. lol

I joined a gym this week. I think I need more variety than just my exercise bike. So my wife and I joined on Tuesday. She doesn't have as much to lose but she is short. I walked for 45 minutes and rode the bike for 45 as well. I am pretty sore today, but it feels good. We are going on a cruise with my sister and her family in March on Spring Break. I would REALLY like to be under 200 by then, but don't know if it will happen. I know I will get close anyway, so that is good.

I hope you are all having a great day and staying warm.

Just an update on the Valentines day challenge!

I have lost 7 and have 8 to go on the Valentine's Day goal. And I have exercised 11 days so far this month. Woo Hoo!!!!!!!!

Well I got another fill today. They added .4 cc making my total 2.1 cc. I'm still eating more than I think I should so I really, really hope I start to feel some real restriction after this one. I made it to the gym last night and worked hard. Taking tonight off to watch Ugly Betty and Gray's Anatomy.

well this week has not been a good week at all.. My birhday was Tuesday...(21 over and over a couple times..LOL!!).. so it turns to be a week long event.. went out Sunday to a Japanese (sp) were the cook everything in front of you.. (my 4 year old daughter split an adult meal..and we both still took home half of our half) On the way out guess who I ran into.... my surgeon!!!!!! Monday.. I made a good healthy meal.. Tuesday.. Red Lobster..yummy.. I tried to be good.. but the cheddar biscuits.. that is all I have to say..and then last night we went out for Pasta for my work.. but I had ceasar salad.. so it was not to bad. I think I am eatting too much.. I have another Dr appointment next Friday.. hopefully he will do a fill. He did not do one at my last appointment.. but I have not lost like I was..and I feel I have head hunger.. so I keep eating.. but it is still less than I used to.

This weekend I am driving from Ohio to NJ (it is about a 8 hour trip) so I have loaded up the car with bottle Water, special k bars, and several 100 calorie snack packs.. that should fill me in the car and the hotel.. but we are going for a surprise birthday party.so I had to go find something to wear.. my other nice clothes were too big. I used to wear 24 in my clothes.. and I bought a suit that was a size 20.. when I put on the skirt, my DH said the skirt looked too big.. I should have looked for an 18.. but I am used to the big clothes..and them being baggy.. so I am not used to wearing small tighter clothes..

Jimboss.. your story was very funny... I don't know if I would have the courage to say that.. but I wish I was a fly on the magazine rack when you said that.

Well I pulled my groin muscle on Wednesday and it hurts!! I was going to try to get the gym tonight, but I'm not sure I'll make it now. It hurts to walk! Maybe it will be better if I move around some more...