Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

October 2006 Bandsters!

its just the past week or so - i've been fine then WAM!!!! major hunger (whole order chicken parm with lots of penne - gone!) i've lost 3/4 pounds in a week & a half... which is good but i know i can do more!

I am kinda discourged about my progress. I was down 17lbs, then had the issue with the heartburn and couldn't get my first fill, gained 4lbs back, then i got my first fill 3cc in 10cc band last Thursday, but I really don't see a big difference. I do feel it a little bit, but I don't think I have enough restriction. I can eat everything, bread, steak, you name it. I want to not be able to eat something...lol. Oh well, in due time i guess. Not sad, just thought like many of you, this would be quicker.

Hang in there KStar. You've undoubtedly heard it before..."we didn't get this way overnight". According to my Dr. after he administered my first fill, my stomach up to that point was still recovering from the surgery. He said that there was a certain amount of swelling and tenderness which kept me from eating bunches. He only gave me a 2cc fill in my 10cc band to see where that would take me. It seemed ok for a bit but then like everyone else I started to eat somewhat like I used to. I actually gained a couple of dreaded pounds. At the encouragement of my October Bandster Angels, I contacted my Dr and he pulled me in to get "tightened". He said that we want to gently ease it up to where we find that magical spot. He also said that in two weeks if I hadn't lost approx 4 pounds to give him a call and he'll "tighten" me again. So far, since my second fill...this is unbelievable to me but I have lost another 5 pounds in just a few days! I am actually only a pound or two from meeting the "Christmas Challenge"! I dare not say what my lovely bride offered me if I met the challenge...just use your imagination! So I am hell bent on making it to 282 pounds by Dec 25th.

Hey, good luck to all my Angels here! Old Jimboss loves you all!

Hi Everyone. I have a confession to make: I had my first fill almost one week ago 4cc/ 4cc band! I have actually done OKay - only one PB episode just after the fill, and I definitely feel restriction. The confession part is I am figuring out things go down so much easier if I drink with eating! So I have been doing that more than I should for sure. It takes longer and more concentration to eat solid meats/protein and chew, chew, chew. Is any one else experiencing this? I am glad I am off work for awhile and far, far away from the holiday treats (I am a teacher on Christmas break :girl_hug: I have lost some but should probably get a scale!! Hope everyone is doing better than I have resisting holiday goodies - BE STRONG :confused:

Hey To All, New To This Forum. Had Band Surgery On October 31, 2006. Very Uneventful. Was Back To Work The Next Day. Although Felt As If I Was Living On Pain Meds For 2 Days. One Week Post Op Went For Follow Up Visit With Surgeon And Happy To Report Had Lost 10 Lbs. Here It Is December 18 And I Am Going For My 6 Week Check Up, I Think For My First Fill. Only Lost About 8 Lbs Since November 10. Is That Normal, I Did Feel As If I Was Cheating A Little Bit. I Found That I Can Almost Eat Anything And I Am Always Hungry. Any Info Would Be Appreciated

Start Weight : 212

You sound almost exactly like me! You have lost alot more than I have though...it's been pretty ridiculous for me since the first fill. Hopefully the second one will do the trick.

:girl_hug: Thought I would just add that this site truely inspires me and my journey. I try and update my journal weekly for referrence and I really am doing great and like a lot of ya'll, we have our trials and cheats :confused: but what I take away from here is balance and excitement. Right now I am kinda holding at 281 but I am inspired by everyone's input. So, thank you and keep on keeping on - We Can Do It, whatever it is.

Merry Christmas

Banded 10/26/06

320/281/210

Hello October Bandsters,

I am having a hard time chewing my food to a pulp. I have had one fill. 1.4cc in a 4cc band. I do have restriction and could probably stand to have more, but I don't chew well enough to get another fill. Why is that so hard for me to learn? Baby bites and Chew!!!!!!!!

I am doing well with no drinking while eating, so I guess I have one step down, huh?!

Thank you guys for the support. Reading these posts helps me so much.

Hey All, Surgery On October 30 Starting At 212.8 Lbs , We Can Do It. Got My First Fill Of 3 Cc Today At Dr Edward Pucci"s Office In Denville, New Jersey. To Date Have Lost 16.6 Lbs. I Feel No Restriction. However, Although He Told Me A liquid diet For The Next 24 Hours I Did Have Half A Sandwich.. I Don't Think It Was A Very Smart Move Because It Feels As If There Is A Ball In My Throat. I Did Chew It Very Well Thinking It Would Be Enough. Like Most People In This Situation We Have All Tried To Bend And Justify The Rules When It Comes To Our Dietary Habits. Thanks For This Site Its Nice To Know That So Many People Are Going Through The Same Things As Myself.

We had our Christmas party today at work. Whew. Turkey, Ham, Lil Smokies, Roast Pork, BBQ, Chili, meat Balls, Veggie Tray, Cakes, candies, Pies, and on and on.

Geez...most I could do was look and remember the "good ole days". But I was proud of myself. I had a couple of meat balls and three or four of the lil smokies. No candies or other sweets.

I think the big thing was that all the guys in the shop know that I had the banding done and were observing me. It sorta pissed me off that they were doing that but then maybe I shouldn't have told any of them. I just felt a little uneasy about the whole deal I guess.

But bottom line.......this is my "program" and I am going to do it! I've had 53 years of over eating at functions like this and I don't need to anymore! And if they want to watch me, well f**k'em.

Sorry about the pissing and moaning here girls. Sometimes I get frustrated with the people in my life that know of my banding. Hell, I'm proud of what I've done! Let'em watch me...right? I'm doing what I need to do.

Several of them pushed stuff in my face but I politely refused (all the while thinking..."you assholes"). Oh well, tomorrow is another day.

My daddy used to tell me..."Everyday is a Holiday, Every meal is a banquet, and Every payday is a fortune". Hmmmmm. Every meal is a banquet? LOL.

Jim your posts always make me smile! I'm proud of you for resisting the bountiful temptations...way to go!

Shelly congrats on meeting your Christmas goal! I'm not sure if I'll make mine or not, I still have 5 more pounds to go.

I had my second fill today. Added .3 cc, so now I'm up to 1.5 cc total. I really hope it helps as I can eat anything! My doctor does fills every 2 weeks until you reach the optimal restriction. I'm feeling ok...just sipping on my Protein Drink. I have a big work Breakfast tomorrow and I'll be on mushies. Guess I get to eat yogurt or oatmeal and drool over the bacon. :)

hey Jessica,

what about scrambled eggs? i had my 2nd fill today as well ('munching' on my applesauce now). i am on mushies tomorrow and may have my normal breakfast tomorrow of scrambled eggs and a slice of cheese.

do you think you can do that?

that is great about your MD doing fills every 2 weeks - mine makes us wait a full month.

i did get another 3 ccs in my band so i am up to 6 in a VG band so i should really be feeling the restriction.

Well, I got my 2nd fill today. When he took out the Fluid from the first fill there was only .5cc in my band. he said my first fill was .75 so he isn't sure what happened to the rest.

On one hand I was kind of happy because I was feeling like a failure because I could eat anything and felt no restriction.

On the other hand, I got 1.5cc lfill yesterday and don't really feel anything either.

I called dr. today and he scheduled me for a barium swallow on Jan 4th just to be sure there is no leak. Boy, I hope its ok. I really hate to go back for another surgery.

You guys are all doing so well. Its really nice to "talk" to people who understand and are supportive. I know that we don't all get that from the people we actually know.

Good job Jimboss - yes, some people are just jerks. Life is hard enough without constant scrutiny from people who really don't give a rats ass about us anyway. Stay strong, stay the course and maybe you'll get that reward you talked about before. That HAS to be better than anything on a work buffet;)