Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

October 2006 Bandsters!

Well, well well! Just when I was getting nervous because my weight loss has slowed so much, I get on the scales today and to my shock and surprise I have lost 3 more lbs. That makes a total of 30 since 10/4/06. Awesome!

I went to see my surgeon last Friday and he told me I was doing really well. Everything has healed well and he said I could go ahead and add some fish and chicken to my diet. That was the best news I have heard in forever!

I have been having weight watchers frozen meals for lunch and yogurt or oatmeal for Breakfast and then cooking low fat for dinner. It is really great to be able to cook for my family and actually eat some of what they are having! I have also increased my daily exercise to 45 mins per day. When I started this I could not hardly make a lap around the track. Right after surgery I could do 4 laps (1mile) in 35 mins. Now it only takes me 20 mins to do 4 laps.

BTW... I started a blog to keep up with my NSVs. If anyone is interested, here's the addy: http://onmywaytoanewlife.blogspot.com/

Wow thats great Mzsmartypantz! I had a froazen rasp. margarita yesturday at Red lobster, and thouht of you the whole time! heha

i so can not wait to get into a hot tub. How do you tell if the incisions are completly healed? Ok and one more thing.... so everytime i get on the scale I see different numbers. Which number do I go with? The highest or the lowest? I check like an idiot out of curiousity like every hour. I have a digital scale so I think its fun. But the numbers vary by 3-4 pounds up and down per hour. it gets confusing. I dont want to say I lost 5 pounds, then an hour later i gained it all back lol... someone help me with this. I never saw that low number before- it was shocking! i even jumped off the scale, looked around in disbelief, then jumped back on it- and it went back up 2 pounds. hehe ok everyone have a great day... I hope everyone is doing well. ~Raynie!

Raynie,

I do exactly the same thing, and I strip down each time! Way too obsessed with the scales! Before though, I would never step on them except to get them out of my way in the bathroom.

I was banded on Oct 3rd by Dr. Reinke in St Petersburg, Fla. Had my first fill Nov 6th. Not a lot of change in what I can eat so when I go back I know i will need another fill. Have lost weight though, about a pound or pound and a half a day so I am not complaining. The best part is my clothes are falling off. Have gone from a 48 waist to a 42 and even got a 40 up and zipped so I am pumped to keep going on this. Someone needs to tell me how to set up a ticker so I can brag a little like everyone else.

Neal

Banded: October 3, 2006

338/286/185

I have been a little discouraged lately too....what do y'all think about some sort of challenge or a plan we can all do to support each other to step it up a bit? I know that me coming up with this basically a week before Thanksgiving is ridiculous, but maybe we could start after that Thursday, and go until Christmas with the goal of losing 10 more pounds or something?

What does everyone think?

I'm in too, sounds like a great idea Moongoddess!

Raynie: LOL... glad to know you thought of me while drinking alcohol! One question... did you seem to get ummm "tipsy" quicker than you did before surgery? heeeheee

Fabulous! I would LOVE to lose another 10 and possibly go down another size...I have a lot of clothes at size 20 that are just waiting for me to get back into again!

mzsmartypantz~

Your ticker tempts me! Now I want some pumpkin pie! *LOL*

Hello October bandsters!

I had my surgery on Oct. 9th with Dr. Ortiz. It has now been about a month. I am down 18 lbs total. I am scheduled for a fill with Dr. Houston in Nashville on the 8th of Dec. I am really lucky to have found him. There are Dr.s out there who take advantage of Mexican bansters. I am a little nervous about afterwards, but also excited to get on with my weight loss. Hope everyone is having good luck with their weightloss!

Wow thats great Mzsmartypantz! I had a froazen rasp. margarita yesturday at Red lobster, and thouht of you the whole time! heha

i so can not wait to get into a hot tub. How do you tell if the incisions are completly healed? Ok and one more thing.... so everytime i get on the scale I see different numbers. Which number do I go with? The highest or the lowest? I check like an idiot out of curiousity like every hour. I have a digital scale so I think its fun. But the numbers vary by 3-4 pounds up and down per hour. it gets confusing. I dont want to say I lost 5 pounds, then an hour later i gained it all back lol... someone help me with this. I never saw that low number before- it was shocking! i even jumped off the scale, looked around in disbelief, then jumped back on it- and it went back up 2 pounds. hehe ok everyone have a great day... I hope everyone is doing well. ~Raynie!

rAYNIE

I too am scalle obsessed. I have a digital scale it can go up or down a few lbs for no reason. I use the number the scale says first thing in the a.m. I have been weighing myself every day since pre-op diet and know I should stop and pick one day of the week as weigh in day but I JUST CANT STOP.

I have lost more weight this past month than I have ever lost in my life!

I have been a little discouraged lately too....what do y'all think about some sort of challenge or a plan we can all do to support each other to step it up a bit? I know that me coming up with this basically a week before Thanksgiving is ridiculous, but maybe we could start after that Thursday, and go until Christmas with the goal of losing 10 more pounds or something?

What does everyone think?

SOUNDS GREAT TO ME, I'M IN!

Hello! I was banded Oct. 31, 06.. so far I have had terrible pain at my port site. The dr said my stitches may have gone through a nerve, but in all my research online I have been unable to find anything that says how long this will last. Has anyone else had this problem? So far I have held my Protein Shakes well, I like the Unjury chocolate and I have lost 23 lbs. If I could just get the port site to stop hurting.........

OK - it's official. I cannot wait for my first fill!!!

I'm in the final week of mushies and tonight I was able to eat what amounted to nearly 3/4 cup! I have absolutely NO restriction and I want my 1/4 to 1/2 cup fullness to come back. I've been eating extremely well but tonight I had a samosa - yes, the whole thing.

Has this happened to any of you? My fill is scheduled for 12/10 and I can move it up a week if they'll let me. I also can't wait to get to the gym... I was told I could go after Thanksgiving for cardio, mid-December for weights.

I don't want to slow down :)

DON'T FEEL BAD I EAT ALOT TOO. I HAVE NO RESTRICTION I CAN EAT ALMOST ANYTHING I NEED TO STOP ALREADY. I GET MY FILL AROUD THE 15 I NEED TO MAKE MY APPOINTMENT. IM GONNA TELL HIM TO FILL IT AS MUCH AS HE CAN. I DONT'T WANT TO BE POKED ALOT(HA HA).

Thank you Nanette!! Your words of encouragement went a long way. It feels good to know someone is out there for me at my darkest times. I think that I do need to remember that I am in the healing stage. Your words are keeping me going. Many thanks.