Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I always drink Water right up until about 15 minutes before a meal, then always wait for 30 minutes after.

thats why i love kaiser. i started their program in feb i think. they make you attend 3 months of classes you can not get the surgery until you complete the class. it was so informative. i am getting sleeved sept 12 from feb to now a long process but i apprieciate it.

thats why i love kaiser. i started their program in feb i think. they make you attend 3 months of classes you can not get the surgery until you complete the class. it was so informative. i am getting sleeved sept 12 from feb to now a long process but i apprieciate it.

what did they say about drinking before and after meals?

I'm w/ AETNA, had to go to 4 Dr visits, see a psychologist, nutritionist & the Dr who is doing the surgery but my time is finally coming...

Sent from my iPhone using VST

you are not to drink and eat at the same time. each should be at least 30 mins apart. so if you eat you have to wait 30 mins to drink and you eat your protien first than you carbs

you are not to drink and eat at the same time. each should be at least 30 mins apart. so if you eat you have to wait 30 mins to drink and you eat your protien first than you carbs

Ok good that's what my NUT told me too.

I'm with Cigna. I was required to do 6 months of medical management, along with seeing a nutritionist, exercise physiologist, and psychologist. Cigna changed the requirement to 3 months of the above the VERY month I had finished my 6 months...lol. I am VERY glad for the 6 months and think that even 3 months is not enough time to get it all straight in your head. Everything was sent to Cigna this past week and I should know a date within about 7 days! :)

Also, with the 6 months, I bought things I thought I might want or need that I didn't already have slowly, as to not break the bank all at once:) I got a new Ninja Kitchen System and a Toaster Oven...along with a TINY scale to carry in my purse for "out" eating (found a perfect one at a...."head" shop...lololol)! I already had a kitchen-size scale for the house ;)

I'm with Cigna. I was required to do 6 months of medical management' date=' along with seeing a nutritionist, exercise physiologist, and psychologist. Cigna changed the requirement to 3 months of the above the VERY month I had finished my 6 months...lol. I am VERY glad for the 6 months and think that even 3 months is not enough time to get it all straight in your head. Everything was sent to Cigna this past week and I should know a date within about 7 days! :)

Also, with the 6 months, I bought things I thought I might want or need that I didn't already have slowly, as to not break the bank all at once:) I got a new Ninja Kitchen System and a Toaster Oven...along with a TINY scale to carry in my purse for "out" eating (found a perfect one at a...."head" shop...lololol)! I already had a kitchen-size scale for the house ;)[/quote']

Me too!! I got all kinds of things to help me keep on track. I got the Ninja Pro. Baby bullet, numerous 4oz storage containers, sippy cups, all kinds of books, scales and on and on and on.

i started soft foods today ate about 8oz and dont feel full this was a big fear of mine beginning tp think the sleeve was a waist of time

Hey Mike. As has been said, you will not feel the restriction's full effect until you start on full solid foods. Secondly, you don't want to feel full ever again. Eat till you're no longer hungry, not till you're full. If you do that you will be successful.

kaiser use to be 6 months also. 3 months was good enough for me

I am not sure when your surgery was - but beware, early on you may not have all the "sensations". Your stomach was cut, there may be certain nerves and such that have not recovered yet. Eat by the measuring cup and scale if you don't feel full!!! You do not want to stretch / lose your restriction so early. Not sure what your nutrtionalist has told you, but early on I was only having like 1/4 cup servings. I can't stress this enough, live by the measuring cup while you are figuring out that "feeling" of satiation. This isn't forever, it is a temporary way to make sure you aren't overdoing it.

Don't get into a negative thinking that this is a big waste of time - the sleeve works for alot of people and I think it can work great for you too.. I am now in the 190s - started in the 300+ range - it has transformed my life in a pretty short period of time.

Why would you even allow yourself to put 8oz in a bowl or on a plate and eat it?

You should have been told 4oz max so to double it and just keep going is doing yourself no good.

Some people do infact have bigger pouches some smaller if your stomach is bigger pre op they don’t take extra away they still only take the same amount away which means some people do have up to a 10oz holding stomach after.

This doesn’t mean you eat 10oz of food each time your on a diet even with the sleeve you don’t eat till your full/puking/in pain/stuffed you eat the amount your told to eat.

You’re also told to slowly eat 4oz over 30-45mins so 8oz in 15mins is far too quickly your not giving your body time to register your eating and possibly are full and to stop.

If after eating your advised portion you still feel your not full wait 30mins and drink some water/juice etc to help fill you up.

The sleeve isn’t a magic wand it won’t suddenly stop you craving things you used to crave it won’t let you put anything in your body in any amount and just vaporise it and you loose weight you have to be responsible with it and follow the rules you are given to have the sleeve work at its best.

I feel like you're doing yourself and your sleeve a disservice by not measuring a correct portion. I get that you may want to feel restriction to understand that it's there, but I don't understand continuing to eat when you know that it is likely too much. The goal is not to eat until you're full, it's to eat a correct portion. Do you have a food scale? I have a cup that's about 6 oz, and I weigh everything before eating it.

Anyway, I'm not trying to chastise you, but I don't want you to keep overeating and accidentally hurt yourself or go a few bites too far and actually get sick. Neither of those situations is any fun.

Plus, I think you'll end up feeling more restriction on solid foods. From what I've read, people feel best restriction on dense Protein.

I eat tuna from an 85 gram tin. That is about 3 oz, or just under. As others have said, why serve yourself such a huge portion? This is a tool. It is still up to you to make the right choices for your own health. Forget feeling full and focus on doing what you know to be the right thing.