Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Losing Hair... Chop It All Off?

Ok so I'm losing a lot of hair and I want to make it less noticeable. I heard somewhere that if I were to cut it very short that it would be less noticeable.

Suggestions?

Right now I have shoulder length hair and I put it up into a messy bun every day as I don't like it in my face...

These are both recent pictures of me. The one is to show my face up close. And the other one in the black and white shirt it to show you where it looks like my hair is very thin

What will look good on me?

pictures and suggestions would be great!

What have you done when losing hair?

Thanks

post-26019-13813659821745_thumb.jpg

post-26019-1381365982213_thumb.jpg

Go short, modern cut with a lot of layers! Toy could work it! I would say highlights but I don't know how our hair would hold up to color. Maybe a rinse?

I changed mine when it started falling out. I went shorter in the back with a a line cut forward. I would definately cut it shorter, no bangs, but get some highlights in there, at least 2 different ones to blend in, and add definition. also if you part it in the middle or the side, with it hanging down it will cover that thin spot on the side better. it will also help you look younger if you dont have it back in a pony tail or bun....also stop breakage when you put it back in the pony tail. good luck!

Like this but no bangs?

post-26019-1381365982475_thumb.jpg

I really like the second picture. I would go for that haircut...

Also know the lighter your hair the thinner it will look not suggesting going black or anything but the lighter it is the thinner it looks.

My friend has baby blonde hair and its fine I was with her once for a haircut and her hair dresser was talking about her hair saying its not as thin as it looks its just so light the blonde makes it appear thinner because of how much easier light penetrates the hair

So maybe go for low lights not high lights to give it more definition.

I own a salon, my advice would be to first find a hairdresser in your area that you like their work. Ask their professional appenion. Each person needs a cut based on what your hair thickness texture and Aldo if you can stlye it at home. I think most will tell you to go shorter but you can do this a little at a time if your scared. When it's gone it's gone but they can always cut Moore off. I would totally go for heavy highlights. Highlights will give you more body and texture. From your pictures I would go with a Maranda cut and Samantha color from sex in the city! Have fun with a new look!!!

I like the second picture best. Does everyone's hair fall out? This is something they neglected to mention to me...

Isn't there a Shampoo to help with losing hair?

I've heard Nioxxin really helps along with taking Biotin each day. I am having similar problems with my hair and taking biotin everyday. I haven't tried the Nioxxin yet buy have seen good reviews for it.

I use morrocon oil (silk brand) and got a dermatologist to prescribe an ointment to rub in and I get injections in my big bald spot... Noes the time to have fun! Chop it real short, very textured to add thickness with a moulding cream or volumising mousse, go light to match the colour of your scalp, and don't worry about lightening it coz you can change it up once your hair starts improving again :)

I do take Biotin every day and have since before surgery