Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I love some of descriptions on here! Sassypants, you are a trip! I am a musician too. I play baritone saxophone in a local community band. Use to be assistant conductor but new head conductor doesn't use me anymore. Also teach elementary music lessons. My conducting there is just being a human metronome! Lol

I want in too ladies!!!

I am 5'10" (seriously used to be 5'11") and currently weigh 196. Started at 303 (305 was highest but not recorded), had surgery November 1, 2011 and turned 46 the day I was released :). To date have lost more than 100 lbs but, do not know how to add a link of my before/after or during post.

Goal is 170 and currently am wearing size 12 pants (down from 24/26) have no rear end really...just my gut and still have the girls, while they have soooo deflated and gone south, I am still wearing a D cup, so shirts XL or L. I do have bat wings to some degree, work out on the elliptical 4 days a week.

Shoe size is 9m and 9w, depending. I love music, wish I could play.

HORRAY for the Talls! And HORRAY for the Smalls! Heard that on "Real Housewives of Atlanta"!

I soooo hope my shoe size goes down. I used to be an 11-11.5 now I'm a 12. I'm not sure if it's my extra weight or just that my feet grew during pregnancy! I'm hoping it's just extra weight. Would love to take my shoe size down a little!

lol amusing story here I have bony skinny feet and ankles never had much fat on them but I have big ole boat feet so me being a well they say your feet shrink too rightttttttt I ordered these really pretty shoes in a uk 8 which is typically the biggest size carried in shops and i happen to be a 9 or 10 uk size don’t even ask me what that is us like 12 or 13 I think I never recall the shoe thing too well!

So these on sale really pretty shoes arrived and no my feet are still as long as they always were lol

i don’t think my shoe size will change mine are not wide or fat they are just long buggers! lol

Hey all!! I'm tall as well :) I'm 6', highest was 400+ (not sure where as the scale at the gym only went up to 400 and I was over). When I started my bariatric program in February I was 377, 327 for surgery June 11, and as of today 276. That is 101 pounds GONE since I started my journey. I was wearing 30/32s and now am down to 22/24s.

The sleeve is a fantastic tool ad I'm SO blessed to have found this. I've attached a mosaic of my journey...there is one at my heaviest, one month pre-op, one month post-op and two months post-op.

post-47355-13813670346032_thumb.jpg

post-18854-13813659736478_thumb.jpg

So nice to see so many tall women here! :-) And vanb, you look like you're well on your way!! Congratulations on your loss so far.

vamb, you're slimming down wonderfully - great job! I love to hear all these tall women stories - they're so inspiring!

sassypants, sorry your pretty shoes don't fit that sucks! I have a pair of shoes in 10.5 that I wore for my wedding (which I just happened to be about 7 months pregnant at) and I haven't been able to fit in them since. I'd love to rock those babies again. Someday! I haven't donated them yet!!! :)

I'm so glad to see other tall women on this board! I am 6'4" and currently about 320 lbs. I've lost about 55 lbs. since March and will be sleeved on September 4! It is exciting to hear success stories from tall ladies. My perspective often gets skewed when reading about the weight goals of more petite women. =)

Looking forward to hearing more from you all as we go through this journey together!

All the best,

Mandy

Hey fellow amazons!! Lol. I am also 6 feet tall. I'm at about 320 and I am still preop. I should get sleeved sometime in November. My doctor said I should get down to 170-180 if I follow the plan. Which is sweet!!

Good luck ladies and let's keep this thread going!!

Fellow Amazon checking in :) I'm 5'11" but am always wearing heels ;) My start weight was 288 lbs and I was busting out of size 20W. My top half is smaller than my bottom half, always has been and probably always will be. I'm fine with that. I'm in a crazy stall so I'm bouncing between 236 and 234. I just went on a shopping trip this weekend to get some work clothes. I bought all L tops and they all fit. I bought a "goal dress" from H&M size 14 and it actuall fit! It was a little snug around my hips. Then I bought a size 18 pencil skirt to wear now and it didn't zip. Weird! I bought 3 dresses all size L. They fit but are kinda snug around the hips so they look extra short. I don't remember ever weighing under 200 lbs so I set my goal to 190. I just want to be a size 14. I guess my current size is a 16W. I'm not sure. My 20W work slacks fall off me and I have to wear a belt with them. My 18W slacks are very very baggy but don't require a belt.

Tall girls represent! I'm 5'11 and have been since 8th grade. My highest weight was 387, size 30 pants, 3X or 22/24 tops (sometimes 26/28), size 11 shoes.

My current weight is 250, I'm in size 20 pants (almost too big), L tops (or XL is they're cut weird). Tops at Lane Bryant are too big now so I'm smaller than a 14/16.

I'm 27 so I'm relatively young. I don't have any loose skin but I do have the flabby arms. My doctor told me that if I focus on weight training my arms that because I'm still young they should shrink to a normal size.

You certainly aren't alone. When I first started this journey and realized I had 212 pounds to lose (my goal is 175, I don't care what "national standards" say....any less than that and I'll be too skinny. Girls should have SOME curves). 212 pounds is an overweight person, and thats how much I had to lose. It's very discouraging BUT this surgery will change your life, I promise. I had mine in January. I started out at 212 pounds from goal, now I'm only 75 pounds from goal. That feels like nothin', I can do that! It's not an easy journey but we are all here for you and it will be the best thing you ever did!

<3 my tall girls!

I'm 27 so I'm relatively young. I don't have any loose skin but I do have the flabby arms. My doctor told me that if I focus on weight training my arms that because I'm still young they should shrink to a normal size.

that's good! I'm only 3 years older than you so hopefully I'll be the same way! you've lost a ton of weigh ton of weight in less than a year, great job! I hope I'm successful as all the ladies that have posted here!

Fellow Amazon checking in :) I'm 5'11" but am always wearing heels ;) My start weight was 288 lbs and I was busting out of size 20W. My top half is smaller than my bottom half' date=' always has been and probably always will be. I'm fine with that. I'm in a crazy stall so I'm bouncing between 236 and 234. I just went on a shopping trip this weekend to get some work clothes. I bought all L tops and they all fit. I bought a "goal dress" from H&M size 14 and it actuall fit! It was a little snug around my hips. Then I bought a size 18 pencil skirt to wear now and it didn't zip. Weird! I bought 3 dresses all size L. They fit but are kinda snug around the hips so they look extra short. I don't remember ever weighing under 200 lbs so I set my goal to 190. I just want to be a size 14. I guess my current size is a 16W. I'm not sure. My 20W work slacks fall off me and I have to wear a belt with them. My 18W slacks are very very baggy but don't require a belt.[/quote']

I'm 6ft tall. My start weight was 298 surgey weight 282 current weight is 269 surgery date was aug 6th. My highest weight was 305 in january. My goal weight is 175, which I was when I played college basketball so I know it is attainable. My secret goal would be 165. I was in a 24 at surgery now I'm in a 20. I hope to get to a 12 again. A 10 would be ridiculous! I see some crazy start weights on here too and wonder wth!? But then I remember everyone else is not as tall as me. But still....

I too am a tall goddess. Iposted somewhere yesterday that the Dr.s office measured me at 6ft. but that I had always been 5'11'' and that is what I am sticking with. At my heaviest I was 388 lbs. and wearing elastic waisted 30/32 pants (Couldn't fit into anything marked that size from Walmart though.) and was into a 34/36 shirt, my shoe size is a 9 1/2 wide. I started losing and according to my scale this morn I am now at 292. Right now I am wearing elastic waisted 26/28 and some of these are way to loose as for shirts I am a 26/28 also.

I am scheduled for surgery on Sept. 6th. and have been curious as to what my sizes will be along the way. This awesome thread gives me a "barometer" to gauge it by thanks :) I too am worried about how much loss will be too much. My sister is a couple inches shorter then I am and is a jogger/marathon runner and though she is physically fit and healthy she has no figure to her. I want to still have curves I just want them to be more hourglass and not so my "lumpy".

I have been walking 2 1/2 -3 miles 5 days a week and have started working with a 3 lb weight to help start toning. I am 51 and have an idea that my skin probably won't rebound as if I were younger but I will try to get it to not be as bad as it could.(understand?).

I'm somewhere between 5'10 and 5'11. Tall, but not a 6'+er. :)

My highest weight was about 380 - 400 and I was a 30/32 in most cases. Sometimes they didn't fit.

My lowest (with the lapband) was about 215 and I was a... 16/18 I'm wanting to say.

I'm currently about 255/260 and wearing a mix of 22 and 24.

My surgeon's goal for me is 210. I want something under 200, I really don't care what. My healthy BMI will kick in around 175.

Around 175, IIRC (it's been a looong time since I was last there), I'm a 12ish.

To wear something like a 4 or 6, I think I'd have to be truly underweight. I'm not petite by any means. I really do have a large frame. Not to mention all my flab. That's going to take at least one size. I have some body pics at MFP labeled with the weight, if any of you guys re over there.

Hi girls 5'11-6' lol. Will have my surgery sept 18 i have 275 pounds. Shoe 10 jeans 18w with streach. 1x top. love to see all your stats.