Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi I'm 5"10 sleeved 3/18 pre op 268 currently 242 Hw ever 301 weight beginning this journey 285.

I'm 6' tall' date=' currently wearing a size 26 and weighing in at 350. I just got approved for the surgery so my date is tbt but it will be soon. I think my surgeon is scheduling end of Oct/early Nov. My goal weight from the surgeon is 220. For my height, I could go as low as 180, realistically, if I get around 195 I'd be pleased.

I'm not going to lie, seeing people starting out at their highest weight, and having that number be the same as my goal number makes me feel like ****. I get that they're like 5'4 or whatever, but it still sucks.

Where are all my tall ladies? I am getting so discouraged! I want to see some before/afters and waist clothing sizes for tall girls like me! I know you're out there! We need to start a club or something.[/quote']

I'm 5"11 and was sleeved 3 weeks ago. I was 260 @ surgery and am down to 235.5 I haven't set a goal but the doctor told me I would have a hard time loosing 100 lbs.

Girlfriend!!! Don't panic!! Let me give you some stats:

6'2" highest weight 337' date=' weight morning of surgery 306

Goal weight from dietician 212

Personal goal weight 190

"Secret" goal weight 175

Current weight 177

Starting size 3X/4X, 26/28

Current size L shirts (the girls....'nuff said) and M pants, 12/14 tops and 10/12 pants

Shoe size 12W to 11N (not making that up)

I'm so excited to see your message and will be looking forward to seeing your progress!! Whoo-HOO tall girls!![/quote']

I had someone tell me the shoe size goes down. Tell me more!!

I'm 5"11 and was sleeved 3 weeks ago. I was 260 @ surgery and am down to 235.5 I haven't set a goal but the doctor told me I would have a hard time loosing 100 lbs.

See this is what I am saying! Doctors are crap. They set the goals based on numbers that please them, not you. I was 291, your height. I lost 130. I am pregnant now, but I am hoping after baby to get back down to at least 170. I have gained a lot.

Hello everyone i have been lurking fir months getting sleeved in June..current weight 256 6ft tall..hoping i can go down to 180.

Sweetie...You are gonna go down to 160 or maybe more.

Everyone's goal weight is so high? LOSE MORE. Work at it and don't take no for an answer. Also be thin for once in your life. People who know you are going to say you are too skinny. At 5'11" I got to 161 and was a size 8. Ummmmmm yeah, that is not really that skinny. I am thin, but I still sort of looked athletic. I wanted to be a size 4 just for once in my life! People that just met me didn't say I was too skinny. Being tall and thin is AMAZING! So make your goal 5 pounds for every inch over 5 foot and do not post the I wishes. You can do it, you just need to make the most of the surgery and work the hell out!

@playlikeworldchamps I have the same issue. I started @ 300 lbs & people keep telling me not to lse too much. I think tall girls can carry a lot more weight than some people realize. Regardless, though, I'm ready to shed the pounds & feel good again!!!

This is common problem! Do not listen to those people! LOSE LOSE LOSE! The more you lose the more cushion you have once you start to settle into maintenance and beyond. Everyone was saying i was too skinny...NO WAY! They are morons and were just used to me being fat. I looked GREAT!

I just found this group :) I'm a nurse but I happen to be tall, too! I'm about 5'10 and weigh in the 270-280 range. My surgeon didn't give me a goal. My personal goal is 160-170. I'm pretty sure I weighed that in junior high....

Sweetie...You are gonna go down to 160 or maybe more.

Thank you...i remember when i was 17 i weighed 215...i dont even know the feeling of being less than 200...i have my appt with the psychologist tomm to evaluate me and when the receptionist asked me why i would like to seen and i said bariatric surgery she said ( in a very loud voice) noooo u dont need that..then everyone else had to chime in.

I guess some dont get it...but when i stand next to my 5"11 sister who weight around 150 i can really see how big i am.

I'm 6' tall, currently wearing a size 26 and weighing in at 350. I just got approved for the surgery so my date is tbt but it will be soon. I think my surgeon is scheduling end of Oct/early Nov. My goal weight from the surgeon is 220. For my height, I could go as low as 180, realistically, if I get around 195 I'd be pleased.

I'm not going to lie, seeing people starting out at their highest weight, and having that number be the same as my goal number makes me feel like ****. I get that they're like 5'4 or whatever, but it still sucks.

Where are all my tall ladies? I am getting so discouraged! I want to see some before/afters and waist clothing sizes for tall girls like me! I know you're out there! We need to start a club or something.

Not a tall lady here, but a tall guy, well at least the last time I checked anyway. :P

I'm 6-3 and I know what it means to be confused by all of the "numbers" out there. The scale AND BMI can be misleading. When I started thinking about the whole surgery process, I was 300 pounds and was 292 when starting pre-op, 272 the day of surgery and now 226. I'm still a long way from my goal of 215 and I am now 17 mos post-op. So I know there's a pretty good chance that I'll never make goal. The reason the scale and BMI can be misleading is that neither takes into account the composition of one's body meaning how much of that weight is muscle and how much is fat, Water, etc. Also what the scales and BMI charts don't really tell us is if we are healthy or not. I'm a long way from being at an "acceptable" weight or BMI. However I'm off all of my cholesterol and blood pressure meds and I feel great now! I have no idea of how long I'll live now, but I have to believe that having the surgery has only helped my chances of living longer and I know that I am MUCH healthier now than I was 2 years ago or even 10-15 years ago. So even though I know I may not reach my goal of 215, I've reached all of the goals that really matter to me. And with a body fat % of around 14-15%, I'll take that, especially since I'm now 40 years old. So just remember, numbers can be deceiving if taken out of context or if one is using the wrong numbers like those listed on the scale. Not saying the scale should be ignored, it's just a tool for tracking SOME of our progress and doesn't tell us everything. Good luck and make us tall people proud! :)

hello! I'm just shy if 6' I'm 5'11 and my highest weight right now is 349. my surgery is scheduled for august 6th I'm super excited! I'm just worried about the skin and my hair thinning out! I'm 19 and someone else on here made a joke that at this age i can regenerate an arm so my skin should be fine -which encouraged me a little- but I can't help but fight the though of me having all this loose skin!

my goal weight is 175. and I'm just so excited to bae able to have a lifestyle change. I hope I can make some friends on here for support! my family is super supportive but that can only go so far, I need people that are going through the same thing so that we can all relate - although the experience is individual - hope to hear from some of you!!

xoxo

Jess

Hi Jess and welcome to the forum! You are so lucky and brave be able to do this at such a young age. Even if it had been an option when I was 19 I don't know if I would have had the courage and determination to go thru with it.