Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

October Sleevers! Announce Yourselves

My surgery is booked for October 22nd and I start my pre op diet on the 1st. My surgeon is Dr Brancatisano in Sydney Australia. I'm 20 years old and can't wait to lose this weight!!!

I am obviously not a doctor' date=' but I don't think they would be able to use the same sites due to scar tissue...?[/quote']

When I had my 3rd c- section they went in through the same incision from my 2nd... I know that they can sometimes re use an area if there isn't too much scar tissue but my ? Is if the scars I already have are in the right position. The determination will be made by my surgeon I sure.

Has anyone been told to get a flu shot before the surgery? My PCP said I should get one at least 2 weeks before surgery. Said hospitals are full of sick people & I'll be vulnerable having just had surgery... Just curious to know if anyone else had heard this advice.

Has anyone been told to get a flu shot before the surgery? My PCP said I should get one at least 2 weeks before surgery. Said hospitals are full of sick people & I'll be vulnerable having just had surgery... Just curious to know if anyone else had heard this advice.

My PCP recommended and gave me one Friday. My surgery date is the 10th.

Who is your dr? My date is 10/16, I'm from Shreveport! But born and raised in WM....

My doc is Dr. Ram at Mercy Fitzgerald in Upper Darby, PA. Oct. 9th is my date. Can't wait!!!

Finally approved, I am 10/11.!! :)

Mine is on Oct 2 and I also Starr my diet. Maybe we can help each other. I know it's going to be hard' date=' I'm already hungry just thinking about it. My doctor is Dr Nicholson at forest medical center in Dallas too.[/quote']

I'm with Nicholson also on Oct 9 at Forest Park

^^^When I posted the link it uploaded a very graphic pic of the inside of the stomach. I put spaces in the link so just remove the spaces and the link will work.

I'm 32 single with no children & live in Kingsport,Tn. I'm scheduled for 10/29 @ the UT Medical Center in Knoxville. I'm on a rollercoster of emotions, didn't realize that would be an issue. I also have pcos & have been a nurse for 11 years.

I've only had one flu shot in my life and it kept me sick for 2 weeks. I plan to take viramins and airborne a week prior my vsg. My sugestion is .......if you are used to taking flu shot do it if not then I don't think it's a good idea

Yes ma'am! I got mine last week...surgery in October. My mom suggested it (she's an RN, and I work in healthcare also). Its best to get it at least a couple weeks beforehand. Who hangs out in hospitals? SICK PEOPLE! Definitely get yours :-) Great reminder, Susan 2.0.

Had an appointment with my surgeon today. They have rescheduled me for 10/17. A week earlier. I'LL TAKE IT! :)

Susan 2.0, I will be getting my Flu shot for sure before I go into the hospital im scheduled for 10/29 so I'm getting my flu shot on the 12th of October. Hospitals are the perfect place to catch things, you have the flu for a week before you start to show symptoms so any of those 100's of people patient or staff could sneeze at just the right moment & there you go you've been exposed. I get mine every year, I've had no problems. If you decide to get it just make sure you get it at least 2 weeks before it takes 2 weeks for the vaccine to be fully effective.