Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Do You Weigh Yourself Naked Or Clothed?

How do you weigh yourself?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. How do you weigh yourself?

• I weigh myself naked
    • I weigh myself clothed
    • I weigh myself both ways and split the difference

At home I weigh naked. WhenI go to the doctor's office I make sure to take off my shoes and wear the lightest clothes I can just to see if my scale at home is as accurate as I think. It might be a few pounds off.

Naked, after a wee first thing in the morning. The surgeons' scales are about the same as mine, well the same as mine when I weight msyelf clothed during the day.

So I figure what I weight on mine naked in the mornign is what I really weigh.

You know, my doctor never lets me weigh naked. I bet his scale would be the same as mine at home if I stripped down before I stepped on the thing... :love:

Clothed. I don't have blinds on my windows and I really don't want to scare anyone who might drive up :success1:

I go starkas...hehehe but usually because I weigh myself just before hopping into the shower...always BEFORE because I have noticed wet hair adds a substantial amount to the scales...hehehe

:) becky

BUTT NAKED at home...and if the scales dont start to move again i swear ill start strippin at the dr office too.

Funny...last time i was there it ws RIGHT after id been walking on the beach and i had my flipflops on. i took them off and stepped on the scale and i still had sand and little seashells on my feet, plus they were wet with seawater. i left a mess. i didnt mean to, just did. figured that stuff must weigh five lbs right? plus five lbs for my shoes, five for my clothes....

I don't have a digital scale because we went through so many of them when my son wrestled in hs,we finally bought a "good" scale and now that ds has his own home he owns a digital that tells your bmi, etc and he tells me my scale is way better then his and he'd like to trade.. LOL.. I think not. So I go by my scale, naked first thing in the am and only record on Sundays. When I'm going to my dr, I weigh with clothes and its usually right on with his. But my dr also calculates the clothing and removes that from the actual weigh in. So I guess his scale would be a couple lbs heavy if I was actually standing there naked.

I was almost to the point of OCD with my scales the first year post op.

I was told its only natural, but was a tough habit to break, weighing 4-5 times a day. Now that I am at goal, once a day, first thing out of the shower, no clothes.

2 years post op, at goal!

210 pounds lost.

Life is good! (so is not shopping at the big and tall)

Naked, after using the bathroom.

Every which way. Clothed. Naked. In light wieght robe. With things in my pockets. Without them in there. I find it fascinating how much of a difference this stuff makes. It really is about three pounds worth for me in just a pair of jeans and a t shirt with no shoes on and no cell phone or wallet. More like two pounds for the light robe. Of course I don't weigh myself after a shower anymore-- that Water is just wieght! And it has to be in the morning. Before I eat or drink any substantial amount. I can weigh in at other times too, but thats the best time. And naturally, I use the toilet first (and wash my hands). My scale is accurate- it either always agrees with or is just a little bit heavier than doctor's scales. And the booklet I got from the dietician at my bariatric center says to weigh myself naked in the mornings. Its in the instructions. At first I felt guilty about it cause its illegal to go around naked outside and all so most of the time I'm clothed. But then I got over it. Now I'm wondering if my long, thick hair doesn't add a pound or something and maybe I should mentally subtract for that or schedule a haircut for cute summer do...