Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Do You Weigh Yourself Naked Or Clothed?

How do you weigh yourself?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. How do you weigh yourself?

• I weigh myself naked
    • I weigh myself clothed
    • I weigh myself both ways and split the difference

I didn't know I was supposed to! Guess I will start though. Parents, protect your children and shield their eyes!!

I actually don't weigh myself. I'm debating buying a scale now that I'm having LB surgery, but in the past I would get too consumed by the #'s. I'd prefer to measure my progress by energy level and clothes size.

I was never able to use my clothes as a guide for my weight. Especially now with lycra in all the clothes because I could wiggle my fat butt into the same clothes. I could kid myself that I was not gaining wieght and that my husband had done the laundry!!

Lila, that is a really good point. I didn't even think about how I've used clothes size to kid myself that I wasn't gaining, and how I could miss cues that I'm losing. And I do want to know when I've lost, if I can just not get freaked out by a stall or small gain. Maybe I will get a scale....

I have always wished that I could be one of those that could just go by how their clothes fit instead of weighing myself regularly to stay on track. Unfortunately for me I have a horrible way of convincing myself that I am losing or at least maintaining my weight when in reality I am gaining rapidly. It is a slippery slope when I lose control and start gaining. I gained 80 lbs in 2 yrs by not weighing myself every day so I guess I will stay a slave to my scale for now...:puke:

~Liz~

03/10/06

241/167/160

5'7''

....for the gear I generally wear, I've discovered these figures:

shoes: add 2 #

boots: add 4#

belt: add 1#

sweat shirt: +2

long pants: +2

billfold, cell phone, pocket stuff: +1

depending on which prosthesis I'm wearing: +3~+10#

post void: -1~3 depending....HAR!!!

I offered to strip for the weigh in this time but they cautioned against the cold draft coming down the hall...HAR HAR!!!

I started at my surgeon's FIRST OV: summer shorts, t-shirt, light weight shoes, heavy leg....I try to replicate that set up during subsequent OVs...

with an ego as fragile as mine, every ounce counts....and the SURGEON'S own scale weighs in TENTHS of Lbs....

Holy Cow! you too? That's like 15 lbs. before you add the prostetic. Maybe us women should start getting weighed with our purses!!! LMAO!!!

It just depends when I weigh myself. Never fully clothed at home, either naked out of the shower or in my night gown. But my surgeons office weighs every time I go in for a fill and they automatically deduct 3 pounds for clothes.

I weigh after I tinkle and in a nightgown, which is light. I was weighing everyday when I was first banded, but now, about once a week.

Diane

If my surgeons office would do that, then our scales would agree!

I mentally add 3 pounds to the reading on my home scale and it agrees with my doctor's. The difference is that I weigh in my nightie at home, and with clothes (but no shoes) at the doctor's.

Whenever I post pounds lost, it's according to the doctor's scale.< /p>

It just depends when I weigh myself. Never fully clothed at home, either naked out of the shower or in my night gown. But my surgeons office weighs every time I go in for a fill and they automatically deduct 3 pounds for clothes.
Deducting 3 pounds for every patient is as accurate as buying clothes that are labeled "ONE SIZE FITS ALL"!:faint:

I weigh myself clothed, since that's the way I am at the doctor's office. (Also having a 9 year old boy at home, can't really weigh naked since the scale is in the kitchen). I figure that weighing with clothes on I can match the doctor's office, and I can be 'true'.

Not just naked, but bone-dry with an empty digestive system!